• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Just listening to the Posh Chairman on the latest Hard Truth Podcast and if reference to Tshimanga, although not in name, but it was him, he confirmed that the League 2 Club had offered 30% of the wages but in fairness, both non league Clubs had offered full wages! Surprising if that's the case from our perspective given all the speculation around our budget or simply we weren't one of the Club's.
Hard Truth Podcast or Hardly the Truth Podcast ?

Just listening to the Posh Chairman on the latest Hard Truth Podcast and if reference to Tshimanga, although not in name, but it was him, he confirmed that the League 2 Club had offered 30% of the wages but in fairness, both non league Clubs had offered full wages! Surprising if that's the case from our perspective given all the speculation around our budget or simply we weren't one of the Club's.
If it was the one I listened to, I didn't think it was Tshimanga he was talking about. There are quite a few players they are trying to offload at present and felt it was a different player he was referring to.

Let's say it was him though, and FGR's have offered to pay the rumoured Ā£4k, that is mental. That's also something I wouldn't want us to be part of. No club at this level should be paying that kind of wage. It's ridiculous.

If it was the one I listened to, I didn't think it was Tshimanga he was talking about. There are quite a few players they are trying to offload at present and felt it was a different player he was referring to.

Let's say it was him though, and FGR's have offered to pay the rumoured Ā£4k, that is mental. That's also something I wouldn't want us to be part of. No club at this level should be paying that kind of wage. It's ridiculous.
FGR are paying Wrexham like salaries this season to try and get out of this league ASAP, they are rumoured to be in for some very good league 1 and 2 players.

ridiculous indeed. But money talks. I sincerely hope our sustainability model brings success, but lets be honest its gonna rely on a solid foundation and the luck of finding another Eastwood.

It is but itā€™s also the reality of what we are competing with it seems- I think his real anger is the have reached their wage cap and canā€™t bring any in until he gets rid of some of these, as he would see it, ā€œturds that wont flushā€ā€¦shameā€¦.

It was S5 EP3, this week's release 12mins in, he states there's 3 players they need to move asap to free up CAP space, his comments seemed to further endorse what he said in the previous episode which have been taken to be in reference to KT, but I may have the wrong interpretation.

Transfer news used to be leaked all the time, it's not a new thing in football. The only difference now is it happens quicker thanks to the net and it can be fans, it's not now a domain just filled with journalists.

If a club wants something kept quiet, then the best way is once negotiations are opened then close them swiftly and try to be decisive in them. Not always possible, but leaks are the way society rolls now, with the strength of the Web as a whole.
The person 'from Wealdstone' who says there is no truth in Adarkwa coming to us, says they are a Director. How do we know that's true? This is social media.

The person 'from Wealdstone' who says there is no truth in Adarkwa coming to us, says they are a Director. How do we know that's true? This is social media.

The post he made came from another multi club non league forum, football forums; non league section, has a number of clubs in NL represented. The Wealdstone group on their have confirmed he is a director before.

The real question is, if there is one, is he at main board level? But I think he is definitely close enough to know the background and is genuine, but that's just my personal opinion.

Don't forget @Medway Blue also confirmed that Adwarka was close to signing last Friday (post 2,338), so I think it's a legit bid, and Wealdstone are trying to placate their fans.

Conor Wilkson leaves Col U by Mutual consent
Weā€™re also trying to offload Matt Jay by all accounts. Both of these players, for some reason, donā€™t fit in to the Cowleys jigsaw puzzle, but they are both great players and would do somebody a turn. At NL level I think they would be game changers

Why is everyone in a rush .Did anyone honsetly beleve the take over was going to yeld better resulkts straight away .It took 25 years of ron martin to destroy the club .When the new men took over thry has to turn the club around .Well guess what to do that is going to take time So instead of moaning give them your suppoet Things will get better in time .
Oh yes some did, quite a few people - just look at my poll for the favourites for promotion

Matt Jay would be an excellent signing for anyone at NL level but can't see that happening. Is he not one of the higher earners at Col U?
Weā€™re also trying to offload Matt Jay by all accounts. Both of these players, for some reason, donā€™t fit in to the Cowleys jigsaw puzzle, but they are both great players and would do somebody a turn. At NL level I think they would be game changers

Back