• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I don't want to be the doomster, miserable bloke but..... any reason why he was on the bench so much for what was not a promotion chasing side ? and is he part time ? Do we have to wait 6 months for him to hand his notice in and get up to full time fitness ?

Unlike with Pedder he wouldnā€™t be signed to start immediately and a return of 10 in 20 starts and a further 10 sub appearances is just what we could have done with.

I find it really odd for @londonshrimper. To post something as concrete as he did without it being remotely/partially true. That's not like him. Must be something in it?
Or someone has Wagatha Christied him as @Blue Yonder suggested. We know Maher wasnā€™t happy about the leaks.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m unsure if itā€™s becoming a hindrance. I donā€™t see why it would, but I know Kev has been annoyed previously about stuff getting leaked and said itā€™s unhelpful.
I said it on here a long time before Kev said and was shot down by many people

Last edited by a moderator:
I said it on here a long time before Kev said and was shot down by many people in Shrimpermoan .
As I said a long time before Kev should have a lot more to concern himself with than the fan base speculating on potential incoming players and spreading transfer rumours.
Martin's theory: the larger the fan base the more speculation and discussion there will be. Human nature cannot be changed. Long live rumours!

I think itā€™s a good bit of banter to be fair.

We did a load of social media posts of us training on the pitch when Altrincham cried to get our game off, which worked. So we took aim at them with our social media stuff.

Wealdstone doing the same and fair play to them.

Slightly odd that itā€™s just because of a poster on X, albeit a very well informed one.
Exactly because he has usually proved to be very well informed?

I love this thread ā€¦ I look forward each morning to see who we are not signing . I wonder if it might be more beneficial in this age to dump the white board and get an iPad instead

Thereā€™s plenty of names on the email Iā€™ve seen

Itā€™s refreshing that since the takeover was completed fans have swiftly moved on to something else to moan about.
Ooh couldnā€™t agree more .. as I brought my Hartlepool ticket this week and looked at wasting about Ā£150 nicker on another wasted afternoon I did think to myself ā€¦ I CAN NOT wait to get home and get back on shrimperzone to moanā€¦

I love this thread ā€¦ I look forward each morning to see who we are not signing . I wonder if it might be more beneficial in this age to dump the white board and get an iPad instead

Thereā€™s plenty of names on the email Iā€™ve seen
I liked it when you were more cheerful post takeover squire, I actually recall a positive post once but I may be mistaken?

Why is everyone in a rush .Did anyone honsetly beleve the take over was going to yeld better resulkts straight away .It took 25 years of ron martin to destroy the club .When the new men took over thry has to turn the club around .Well guess what to do that is going to take time So instead of moaning give them your suppoet Things will get better in time .

Why is everyone in a rush .Did anyone honsetly beleve the take over was going to yeld better resulkts straight away .It took 25 years of ron martin to destroy the club .When the new men took over thry has to turn the club around .Well guess what to do that is going to take time So instead of moaning give them your suppoet Things will get better in time .
There is some urgency to keep the feel good factor going and encourage people to keep attending/buying. A mediorce slide into mid table will affect gates and therefore income and then the cycle begins. We all know it.

Ooh couldnā€™t agree more .. as I brought my Hartlepool ticket this week and looked at wasting about Ā£150 nicker on another wasted afternoon I did think to myself ā€¦ I CAN NOT wait to get home and get back on shrimperzone to moanā€¦
You are the Victor Meldrew of Shrimperzone bud, and don't ever change your cynical/glass half empty ways x.

There is some urgency to keep the feel good factor going and encourage people to keep attending/buying. A mediorce slide into mid table will affect gates and therefore income and then the cycle begins. We all know it.
Partly this but for me we have the basis of a very good side and 3-4 wise additions could make a real difference. So naturally thereā€™s a level of frustration if itā€™s taking longer than we want.

We can say weā€™ll be patient and will get there in the end. Thing is if that means a slower start and maybe a few points less than had we strengthened earlier, then at the end of the season that *could* make a big difference. And, of course, it is also validated to some extent by the fact the Kev is it appears equally frustrated. So it seems to me natural that we share in that to some degree.

Of course the main reason we are behind has nothing to do with Kev or COSU. So frustration absolutely should not become blame and I am confident it wonā€™tā€¦

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto"

Thomas Paine with an appropriate quote.

Just listening to the Posh Chairman on the latest Hard Truth Podcast and if reference to Tshimanga, although not in name, but it was him, he confirmed that the League 2 Club had offered 30% of the wages but in fairness, both non league Clubs had offered full wages! Surprising if that's the case from our perspective given all the speculation around our budget or simply we weren't one of the Club's.

Back