• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Very odd for an official Twitter account to be so disturbed by an internet rumour that someone is interested in one of their players that they respond with a bit of a **** take. I actually don't mind it, but it's not very professional. Do they do this every time there's a similar rumour about one of their players? No, they don't, so why get their panties in a bunch about this one?

If anything, it suggests that there has been some interest, but that Wealdstone are probably holding out for some extra dosh. After all, Adarkwa signed a new deal in February as we know, so they probably feel able to hold out as long as it takes to squeeze out some extra cash. I guess we'll see in due course.
Two bob ****s

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m unsure if itā€™s becoming a hindrance. I donā€™t see why it would, but I know Kev has been annoyed previously about stuff getting leaked and said itā€™s unhelpful.
If they want targets that they are interested in kept under wraps, they need to limit who they are giving information to? Don`t get annoyed if every man and his dog knows due to loose lips?

Very odd for an official Twitter account to be so disturbed by an internet rumour that someone is interested in one of their players that they respond with a bit of a **** take. I actually don't mind it, but it's not very professional. Do they do this every time there's a similar rumour about one of their players? No, they don't, so why get their panties in a bunch about this one?

If anything, it suggests that there has been some interest, but that Wealdstone are probably holding out for some extra dosh. After all, Adarkwa signed a new deal in February as we know, so they probably feel able to hold out as long as it takes to squeeze out some extra cash. I guess we'll see in due course.

I think itā€™s a good bit of banter to be fair.

We did a load of social media posts of us training on the pitch when Altrincham cried to get our game off, which worked. So we took aim at them with our social media stuff.

Wealdstone doing the same and fair play to them.

Slightly odd that itā€™s just because of a poster on X, albeit a very well informed one.

remember when our official page quoted tc9 when husin signed a new deal šŸ¤£

Which, in addition to 'why this rumour and not all the others' was my point too:Thumbs up:

Perhaps Wealdstone donā€™t have too many rumours to get upset about.

Potentially, itā€™s a dig about the claim of him missing Saturdays game with an ā€œinjuryā€ suggesting that perhaps thatā€™s not the case.

Be interesting to see if he lines up for Wealdstone on Saturday, or the bench. That will give us all an indication of the state of play.

When Ardakwa
Thatā€™s Kendall he is talking about.

I did just ask him if he thinks the deal will be done by Saturday for the Wealdstone lad and he isnā€™t sure. It sure why it takes so long to get these deals over the line. Medway Blues said it nearly happened Friday so why now 5 days later still not signed. Guess these things can take time but we seem to be masters at it. Anyway if he is a target and we get him then waiting a bit longer wonā€™t hurt
Are we masters at it? Let's face it, we don't know how long other clubs take to sign some players. Sometimes we do hear a rumour of clubs showing an interest in players, but a lot of the time, we only hear about a signing being confirmed/announced.

If we weren't Southend fans, focused so intensely on potential signings, today's rumours might have been the earliest we heard about it with no knowledge of last Friday.

Perhaps Wealdstone donā€™t have too many rumours to get upset about.

Potentially, itā€™s a dig about the claim of him missing Saturdays game with an ā€œinjuryā€ suggesting that perhaps thatā€™s not the case.

Be interesting to see if he lines up for Wealdstone on Saturday, or the bench. That will give us all an indication of the state of play.
So if true and we are after him it wonā€™t be this side of the weekend then

So if true and we are after him it wonā€™t be this side of the weekend then

I genuinely donā€™t know.

I donā€™t know if he was the striker we were close to signing, I donā€™t know if weā€™ve had a bid accepted.

I know he is of interest to us. I know we had a bid rejected for another National League striker, who has been named on here, and weā€™ve moved onto another one.

Iā€™ve been given a few names the last few days, but havenā€™t been told who is close, who (if any) has had a bid accepted for or whatever.

Transfer news used to be leaked all the time, it's not a new thing in football. The only difference now is it happens quicker thanks to the net and it can be fans, it's not now a domain just filled with journalists.

If a club wants something kept quiet, then the best way is once negotiations are opened then close them swiftly and try to be decisive in them. Not always possible, but leaks are the way society rolls now, with the strength of the Web as a whole.

Back