• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have a squad of 16, with the 2 new signings, ( 17 if you include Demi )
18 if you include Beau

Kev might like a small squad. I know you can do very well, exceptionally , with a small squad, but the stats dont back that as most likely way to get promoted, especially now with 7 subs. Neither does Kev apparently like the loan market. Maybe we need to be a little more flexible and imaginative ?

I think we need another 6 minimum !

So Iā€™m guessing a midfielder (or two) of the creative kind, plus a back up keeper and maybe another striker to come .. asking too much?!

We only have a squad of 16, with the 2 new signings, ( 17 if you include Demi )
18 if you include Beau

Kev might like a small squad. I know you can do very well, exceptionally , with a small squad, but the stats dont back that as most likely way to get promoted, especially now with 7 subs. Neither does Kev apparently like the loan market. Maybe we need to be a little more flexible and imaginative ?

I think we need another 6 minimum !
6?! Bloody hell not sure I agree. Back up keeper. Striker. 1 maybe 2 midfielders (all depends on jack wood) Kev likes a small close knit squad

If the player budget has been reduced from last year I canā€™t imagine weā€™ll be bringing in too many more. Another keeper definitely but maybe thatā€™s it for now..šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

• Haha
Reactions: BTS
A keeper, Cover at wing back , creative midfielder and another striker , is still needed imo at the minimum

With the addition of Gubbins, on paper defensively we look sound, as we have done in recent times.

Obviously we need another GK to give Collin a push.

We are desperately lacking that creativity in the centre of the park though and need another forward man to give us 4 solid options up top.

However, Iā€™m sure this will all be addressed soon enough.

6?! Bloody hell not sure I agree. Back up keeper. Striker. 1 maybe 2 midfielders (all depends on jack wood) Kev likes a small close knit squad
Goalkeeper player/coach to back-up Collin

Wing back (I like @ShrimperStatsā€™ idea of one who can play both flanks) - Iā€™d probably look for someone who can change games off the bench for when weā€™re trailing. Possible youngster on loan?

Left footed creative midfielder - to compete for an immediate starting job

Targetman - to back up Cardwell. Must be able to hold ball up well and preferably run the channels as well (a Championship youngster on loan?)

Speedy forward - Iā€™d probably look for a younger player to develop for us long term (Wyllie?)

Midfield utility man - maybe an experienced player here who can cover several roles and come on as a fresh pair of legs to help see out games. Maybe they can cover the WB roles as well?

That would be 6 additional players although we might be able to get a youngster or two on loan for free. Only one of them would be on startersā€™ money and the reserve keeper doubles up as GK coach

Might be a tad unrealistic but Iā€™d love Noah Chilvers from colu whoā€™s been released would fit the bill perfect also went to school in Southend
Noah had run down his contract with us, he was offered a new deal but has so far not said yes although talks are continuing at present. We have a strong midfield so he was not certain of a place, Matt Jay is in the same situation although he is still under contract for another year. Noah is still under 24 so if he joins another league club we will be entitled to ask for compensation, although I donā€™t know if that would apply for the Vanarama league too. He has made almost 200 1st team appearances for us which is a hell of a lot for a 23 year old!

What Iā€™m liking already is the different options in many positions. Last season we simply didnā€™t have that. With 7 subs available and 5 can be made it will be easier for Kev to rotate the squad and keep players happy knowing that more game time is likely. Canā€™t see one weakness in the squad we have assembled to date. For me the likes of Sandat, Powell, Fonguck, Dackers were easily replaceable and with better players. Today after being under an embargo for weeks weā€™ve signed two very good players for a NL side. Just goes to show what work has been going on behind the scenes. Heard that Mccullum really wants to join but Eastleigh are asking for silly money and Tshimanga also is keen but wages maybe an issue. If we can somehow get either one of them in our frontline will look very good to complement an already solid looking defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back