• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Clearly big budget constraints.
Recent history shows to get out of this league you have to spend a few quid. I appreciate the loyal players had to be rewarded well but the fact we cant/won't compete with others looking to do well should be a decent dose of expectation management. I'm all for wise financial running of the club but I fear lack of spending power will ultimately cost us.
I'm sure the whiteboard is being worked....however nothing over the line.

All my positivity is going slowly I remember boy wonders wording of the supermarket budgets. Seems even Aldi out our reach can’t see kev being happy with this hope he doesn’t walk .
Why would he walk when he had it so much worse over the last 2 years??!!!

I knew this would happen. Expectation was going to go through the roof after the takeover but we are going through a transitional period, playing catch up with a smaller budget. We finally have our club back. We are not Wrexham. It will only be a matter of time before some fans turn on the players and staff when we lose a game to a club that has smaller attendance than us.

If we can sneak into that last play off place it will be a massive achievement for us.

Why would he walk when he had it so much worse over the last 2 years??!!!

I knew this would happen. Expectation was going to go through the roof after the takeover but we are going through a transitional period, playing catch up with a smaller budget. We finally have our club back. We are not Wrexham. It will only be a matter of time before some fans turn on the players and staff when we lose a game to a club that has smaller attendance than us.

If we can sneak into that last play off place it will be a massive achievement for us.
I love this rendition of we are not Wrexham … just wanting a team that’s good enough to compete in the national league doesn’t immediately mean you want to be Wrexham … we are not Braintree either ..

Does anyone reckon will be making a kind of statement signing ie a Moncur for example as obvs i understand the consortium are going to be a lot more sensible on budget for example ..
What statement would it be making?

I think signing a 31 year old midfielder who doesn't apply himself is the sort of statement our old chairman would make.

Hardly fits in with the profile of other players who have come in either.

Last edited:
Pedder looked a prospect and it would seem by the offer we made him that's how he was viewed by Kev. So we aren't going to over stretch the wage bill on prospects when we're looking for arguably proven ability to be brought in! Need to have rather than nice to have, budgets permitting of course.
We need to move on. Was told at the weekend that Pedder was asking for too much and we were not going to be held to ransom. We want players that want to play for the football club for the right reasons. He’s played 6 senior games and he is 22, had a bad hamstring injury back end of last season and tweaked it again pre season. As good as he looked in a few few pre season games maybe we’ve dodged a bullet here

Last edited:
What statement would it be making?

I think signing a 31 year old midfielder who doesn't apply himself is the sort of statement our old chairman would make.

Hardly fits in with the profile of other players who have come in either.
I do get what you are saying and had we be potentially linked to an injury hit player, I'd really agree. However, he played 35 games in a really difficult league 1. It's harsh to say he doesn't apply himself. It may be more about him not fulfilling his full potential (being an established championship player). We could say the same about Ryan Hall. Was top quality but didn't reach his full potential. Didn't stop us seeing him play brilliantly for us though. Moncur with 80% potential fulfilled could potentially be a great signing at our current level.

I love our scouting now, I really do, but we have to couple that with some experience and quality. Signing a team full of untried, untested players won't get us in those promotion spots.

Back