• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Sears do a job in the National League or has he lost it and or prone to injury?
He certainly could do a job in the NL, he is not particularly injury prone but suffered here when played in the lone striker role, he needs to feed off a target man. He has lost a bit of pace but makes very clever runs down the channels, he just needs those flick ons or clever balls from a creative midfielder to feed off.

He certainly could do a job in the NL, he is not particularly injury prone but suffered here when played in the lone striker role, he needs to feed off a target man. He has lost a bit of pace but makes very clever runs down the channels, he just needs those flick ons or clever balls from a creative midfielder to feed off.
We've got a target man but a creative midfielder has been missing since Wordsworth left.

Oh and we can't sign anyone

So many good players being released at league two and national league level who’d be great signings for us. Depressingly for us and I’m sure even more so for the guys in the football department, this embargo is stopping us from making any moves.

So many good players being released at league two and national league level who’d be great signings for us. Depressingly for us and I’m sure even more so for the guys in the football department, this embargo is stopping us from making any moves.
Yes, but with a note of caution.

Phil Brown picked up a number of ex-league players who he thought would be great at this level and they weren't. On the flipside, there were occasions last season where I think we'd have benefitted from having an experienced centre-half.

A team needs a mix - and if it's an older player it needs to be one who's not lost his hunger - Peter Clarke for example has been a real asset to many teams in his later years. We need one of those rather than a crock or someone who's just killing time before retirement.

I actually spoke to him a few years back and he said he would love to come back one day
Gills player of season 21/22 in L1 when the went down to L2. This season in side and captain until Feb then disappeared. No injury. Just down pecking order after new signings in Jan window.

Same here.
Much like Greg Halford he had a lazy almost couldn’t care less look about the way he played the game, which annoyed some fans. There again they both came through our youth academy, we got £100K from Ipswich for Anthony after he had played almost 200 games for us, Greg we sold to Reading for 2.25 million after he had played just over 160 games, so we didn’t do too shabbily from them!

For those interested in who what why when re players looking for a fresh start or facing retirement;
Jake Hyde released, I'm shocked
Harry Lennon, released and announced his retirement due to ongoing injuries.
All yours

For those interested in who what why when re players looking for a fresh start or facing retirement;
Jake Hyde released, I'm shocked
Harry Lennon, released and announced his retirement due to ongoing injuries.
All yours
Lopata released where will he go next , up a level or NL next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back