• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read somewhere that we'll have 14 players under contract, and under an embargo you can sign up to 16 players. Does that mean we can now sign 2 more players or will we need to wait until end June when contracts formally end?

Is there a deadline for submitting release/retain lists?
1st June.

I’d imagine we will push that to the limit as well in the hope more info on a sale is available by then and/or Ron has gone.

I fear that won’t be the case though.

1st June.

I’d imagine we will push that to the limit as well in the hope more info on a sale is available by then and/or Ron has gone.

I suspect the conversations have already taken place.

And for all we know maybe the list has already been submitted to the NL and just hasn’t been published?

I’d usually suggest that staff are away on holiday this time of year but that’s unlikely if they haven’t been paid…

1st June.

End of May for Accounts

1st June for player list

Yeah, can't see us meeting both

1st June.

Yeah this is it.

I was told several weeks back that at least 2 of the interested parties were keen to complete a deal early enough to prevent next season from being irreversibly negatively impacted.

If that is indeed the case then it gives a little ray of hope at least that both sides want to conclude a deal quickly.

The desire might not be enough to make it so, though.

In this day and age 16 players simply isn't enough, players get injured every 5 minutes and can barely string a game together. Makes you wonder how the old fashioned players managed it.

In this day and age 16 players simply isn't enough, players get injured every 5 minutes and can barely string a game together. Makes you wonder how the old fashioned players managed it.
Off topic but in them years the boots were much tougher so less metatarsal type injury or bruising if trod on. Studs were round so no twist,stick issues.
Ball was heavier so that slowed things down a fraction.
Coaches were hard on injury hit players and demanded more(-bullying?)
Drugs, steroids, pain killers, and all manner of pills.
Poor player's union.
Did Cav start evry game this season?
Who else has done that for us in last 30 years?

Nnamdi Nwachuku of AFC Sudbury. Apparently we was interested in him in January.

49 goals scored last year and seems to be quite prolific at non-league level (albeit lower than we currently play)

A lot of it is down to the simple fact that they do far, far more running than they used to. Modern coaches (finally) recognise that football matches are largely won off the ball, not on it.

Yeah this is it.

I was told several weeks back that at least 2 of the interested parties were keen to complete a deal early enough to prevent next season from being irreversibly negatively impacted.

If that is indeed the case then it gives a little ray of hope at least that both sides want to conclude a deal quickly.

🍁🍁🍁🍁

Sooner the better

Yeah this is it.

I would guess if someone is interested ( I’ve heard similar to you) Maher would be kept informed and our scout John still no point in him checking players available if we can’t sign anyone so let’s hope some good news is not to far away

I also think too many players aren't willing to play even if their at say 90%.
Players are mainly playing at 90%. It’ll be rare when they don’t have a niggle and aren’t even playing through something.

The reason they are injured more is that the game is much faster. They’ve replaced carthorses bred for strength with racehorses bred for speed. Carthorses are sturdy and don’t break down whereas racehorses are fragile but if you have a stable of racehorses you can rotate they’ll best the carthorses.

49 goals scored last year and seems to be quite prolific at non-league level (albeit lower than we currently play)

Knows where the goal is, quick, and an absolute unit. Generally finishes by just smashing the ball as hard as he can. Not a great technical player, though, and he really frustrates at times. Tends to take the wrong option when making decisions. Would have thought Isthmian Premier is his ceiling but you never know.

Incidentally, in my opinion the best player they have at AFC is a young wide forward called Joshua Stokes. Very classy on the ball and a clever finisher. Good movement as well but possibly lacks top end speed to make it in the Conference.

Orient’s released list, in case it pertains to you going forward:

Craig Clay
Sonny Fish
Anthony Georgiou
Jordan Lyden
Sam Sargeant
Harry Smith
Connor Wood
Matt Young

Yea, I'd earmarked him as a potential. Guess we wont be the only ones in for him. Only question mark is age I guess (think he's 28 IIRC?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back