• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he signed for Barnsley and they loaned him out to Woking
Had he signed for Barnsley he’d have been unable to then go out on loan to Woking as it was past the transfer window so he signed a short term contract with Woking as a free agent instead and will join Barnsley in a pre-arranged move this summer.

Genuine question, how likely are players to join new clubs this early in the summer in this league when it is seemingly a much more level league next season? Given that our embargo could disappear on weds I'd like to think none of our targets would rule themselves out this early

I can't see our management team deviating too much from the declared model. Neither should they. Can't imagine they will be signing anyone over 30 and will be looking at players they can improve, if need be from a lower level. That thinking didn't serve us too badly this season.

Had he signed for Barnsley he’d have been unable to then go out on loan to Woking as it was past the transfer window so he signed a short term contract with Woking as a free agent instead and will join Barnsley in a pre-arranged move this summer.
Will he? The Barnsley fans I work with haven't heard of him, even if he was to sign it's unlikely he'd get in their team right now.

He struggled to get in the Woking team and he struggled to get in our team when he came back from injury so its unlikely he'll get into a L1 team.

Genuine question, how likely are players to join new clubs this early in the summer in this league when it is seemingly a much more level league next season? Given that our embargo could disappear on weds I'd like to think none of our targets would rule themselves out this early
Given that our embargo could disappear by Wednesday you say? 🤣🤣

I’ll have some of what you’re drinking please 🤦‍♂️

Am I right in thinking we’d be under an embargo anyway due to be in the middle of a sale? Usually happens on football manager 🤣🤣

Will he? The Barnsley fans I work with haven't heard of him, even if he was to sign it's unlikely he'd get in their team right now.

He struggled to get in the Woking team and he struggled to get in our team when he came back from injury so its unlikely he'll get into a L1 team.

He didn’t “struggle” to get in our team when he came back from injury. He was on the bench for one game after returning from injury.

He’s also 21 years old. Teams will be looking at a longer timeframe than just their opening weekend lineup.

I can't see our management team deviating too much from the declared model. Neither should they. Can't imagine they will be signing anyone over 30 and will be looking at players they can improve, if need be from a lower level. That thinking didn't serve us too badly this season.
Except in the Forward Line! Need better quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back