• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas agreed to join us twice…

Once initially, before he even went to Chesterfield, and again during this Summer.

Obviously, the embargo put paid to it on both occasions…

Make no mistake, Dallas was our number one target. Name was in capital letters, underlined with exclamation marks after it on our whiteboard.

We do have other targets, but we have missed out on some of those as well. There are fresh names too.

Depressing. The fact he’s landed in league one suggests he’d have been a real key player for us this season. Instead, thanks to that charlatan in charge, we’re now looking at targets B, C and probably D.

Spoke to a York City fan who said their were in for Alex Woodyard. I hear Dallas is off to Barnsley but not sure what's happening with Barnsley, sounds like they are in trouble
Barnsley have five charges against them by the EFL. They have to respond to them by the 27th July.
I think it’s over who runs the club, who controls the club. I think the new owners may not have gone through the leagues fit and proper owners test.
Barnsley made 3 signings today, perhaps a team in a rush before the 27 th

Let's not get despondent over what we can't have. Once this infernal embargo is lifted, trust our management team to strengthen the squad as they see fit. With our track record on injuries, whose to say Dallas wouldn't have gone lame after a few games.

Whoever comes in, Kevin and Co will make them feel as though they were first choice. As supporters we need to do the same.

The start to the season is going to be tough enough without wondering what might have been.

Dallas agreed to join us twice…

Once initially, before he even went to Chesterfield, and again during this Summer.

Obviously, the embargo put paid to it on both occasions…

Make no mistake, Dallas was our number one target. Name was in capital letters, underlined with exclamation marks after it on our whiteboard.

We do have other targets, but we have missed out on some of those as well. There are fresh names too.
Martin is an absolute joke. Never has a manager had his hands tied so much.

Let's not get despondent over what we can't have. Once this infernal embargo is lifted, trust our management team to strengthen the squad as they see fit. With our track record on injuries, whose to say Dallas wouldn't have gone lame after a few games.

Whoever comes in, Kevin and Co will make them feel as though they were first choice. As supporters we need to do the same.

The start to the season is going to be tough enough without wondering what might have been.
At the moment, we can't have anyone, and we remain with about 11 senior players including 1 keeper and 2 centre backs. I think it's reasonable to be despondent.

Greenidge for me could make the step up, his stature and the way he play with his back towards goal is very good.
I was on the same flight back from Oslo as his brother, Reiss, a few weeks ago. Now he IS a big unit! Previously at Bolton and Maidstone but was using his old Ebbsfleet kit bag as hand luggage (which was how I identified him)!

Southend United boss Kevin Maher addressed the small size of his squad in the aftermath of Tuesday night’s 1-0 win at Canvey Island.

With Dan Mooney, Louis Lomas, Callum Powell and Noor Husin missing the Shrimpers latest pre-season clash, Maher currently has just 10 fit contracted players at his disposal.

And, when asked by the Echo if he was able to add to his squad, Maher said: “I don’t know. When football creditors are paid and up to date I think that’s a conversation we can have.

“We look forward to seeing what we can do off the back of that. “I’m not sure yet but we’ll be looking at it and seeing what we can do moving forward." Blues have been in a transfer embargo since September due to money owed to HMRC.

Slightly confused now as I thought we couldnt sign anyone because of the HMRC, however KM said last night they can have a conversation once the football creditors had been settled….

Southend United boss Kevin Maher addressed the small size of his squad in the aftermath of Tuesday night’s 1-0 win at Canvey Island.

With Dan Mooney, Louis Lomas, Callum Powell and Noor Husin missing the Shrimpers latest pre-season clash, Maher currently has just 10 fit contracted players at his disposal.

And, when asked by the Echo if he was able to add to his squad, Maher said: “I don’t know. When football creditors are paid and up to date I think that’s a conversation we can have.

“We look forward to seeing what we can do off the back of that. “I’m not sure yet but we’ll be looking at it and seeing what we can do moving forward." Blues have been in a transfer embargo since September due to money owed to HMRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back