• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron failing to pay players and staff is to his great shame, but to suggest Mooney’s human rights have been infringed just makes you look nuts.

Not everything that is ‘wrong’, or ‘unfair’ to someone (in someone’s opinion) is a human rights issue.

We are all humans, and we all have rights but that doesn’t make everything a human rights issue no matter how wrong or contemptible the issue.
They should be. Nobody should be treated like this. Maybe it isn’t in law but refusal to pay wages and then trying to frighten people to move onto a situation where they will be paid for their labour is a horrific abuse.

I’m very sure I’m not coming off as nuts 😀

They should be. Nobody should be treated like this. Maybe it isn’t in law but refusal to pay wages and then trying to frighten people to move onto a situation where they will be paid for their labour is a horrific abuse.

I’m very sure I’m not coming off as nuts 😀
Sure, totally agree it’s a shocking abuse by Ron to just abandon ship and not even try to pay wages. He‘s also made zero effort and shown no desire to find a way to pay wages ASAP, or even part pay them, by raising funds through his group companies e.g. by selling some land or other assets. It’s only happening now because not doing so would damage irreparably the value of the asset he’s flogging.

However Human Rights are a specific thing in law, very well defined since 1950 in the European Convention. Related to this issue, article 4 of the convention prohibits servitude, slavery and forced labour. Its definitely looked and felt a bit like these especially for club staff, but even then it’s still a million miles from Human Rights abuses under this article (such as the Chinese cockle pickers in Morecambe Bay or women trafficked across borders and forced into prostitution). And Mooney’s case is minor compared to club staff.

Lets get back on topic though please before I end up being moderated too.

We have one goalkeeper. One goalkeeper who is 19, still learning the game, and has suffered with injuries too. 100% a goalkeeper is a priority too.
Given other areas of the team I disagree. The more Collin plays the better he will become and make the Club a lot of money. Yes we need cover, or just use the loan market if needed.. New owners are not suddenly going to give the owners a massive playing budget and there really are other areas of the team that need attention.

Collin has been debated before. what more can he do other than keep clean sheets, I believe 13 out of 24 games, not bad for a 19 year old learning the game. Goalkeepers at any level make mistakes, so why should our keeper be any exception ?

Given other areas of the team I disagree. The more Collin plays the better he will become and make the Club a lot of money. Yes we need cover, or just use the loan market if needed.. New owners are not suddenly going to give the owners a massive playing budget and there really are other areas of the team that need attention.

Collin has been debated before. what more can he do other than keep clean sheets, I believe 13 out of 24 games, not bad for a 19 year old learning the game. Goalkeepers at any level make mistakes, so why should our keeper be any exception ?
I’d be happy with Collin as first choice but we need another keeper.

If he gets injured next ‘man’ up is a 15 or 16 year old.

I think that’s the only position that is the case for (although an injury or two could rapidly change that).

I'm not sure they need a massive playing budget but think how much has been saved in wages with those departing and I'm sure at least some of that will form the budget. The new owners if they can complete quickly might believe that we still have a good chance of being in the mix in what promises to be an easier campaign than last year for example and provide funds to improve the squad.

Dallas is rumoured to be attracting interest from Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday, and Cheltenham Town, as well as Barnsley. It was also reported about 3 weeks ago that Gillingham were interested. The mystery continues 🤔
I see in the Yorkshire Post that Andy Dallas is expected to sign for Barnsley in the next few days.
All your fault Martin for keeping us in the embargo for almost a frecking year 😖

I’m not disputing Collin’s ability, although Justham would have been a big upgrade in my eyes (Kev & Co are actively looking for a GK too).

However, we have no understudy. Even JD isn’t under contract. I don’t even know what we’ve got in terms of youth goalkeepers, we had none on the bench for the game yesterday.

It’s all well and good Collin getting injured on a Monday, and getting an emergency goalkeeper in on loan (which we will be able to do under the embargo like with Blondy) and we are covered for the weekend.

What happens if he gets injured on a Friday night on the way to an away game? What happens if he goes down the morning of a game with a sickness bug? What happens if he gets injured in the warm up? What happens if he gets injured or sent off during a game? We are ****ed.

Same happens to a centre half, you can stick a full back or a midfielder in there. Doesn’t really work for a goalkeeper.

Yes, we need to strengthen other areas, but to think the goalkeeping department isn’t a priority is naive.

I’m not disputing Collin’s ability, although Justham would have been a big upgrade in my eyes (Kev & Co are actively looking for a GK too).

However, we have no understudy. Even JD isn’t under contract. I don’t even know what we’ve got in terms of youth goalkeepers, we had none on the bench for the game yesterday.

It’s all well and good Collin getting injured on a Monday, and getting an emergency goalkeeper in on loan (which we will be able to do under the embargo like with Blondy) and we are covered for the weekend.

What happens if he gets injured on a Friday night on the way to an away game? What happens if he goes down the morning of a game with a sickness bug? What happens if he gets injured in the warm up? What happens if he gets injured or sent off during a game? We are ****ed.

Same happens to a centre half, you can stick a full back or a midfielder in there. Doesn’t really work for a goalkeeper.

Yes, we need to strengthen other areas, but to think the goalkeeping department isn’t a priority is naive.
It astounds me this needed saying at all.

I really do hope this pans out for you guys.

Also who knows what the hell is happening with Stuart Dallas? I think we (York City) have given it a shot, but he is probably going higher up the pyramid.

Whether that is Barnsley or not. They are supposed to be in a bit of bother with the League.

It seems that his agent has been hawking him around. Whether there is any truth in him signing for a club (or it being announced he has signed) after his 24th birthday - which was Saturday, to try and get around not paying Solihull Moors a development fee is up for debate.

I will continue to follow your fortunes. Sadly, there are far too many Ron Martins in this world, as it were.

Not only does all this affect you as Supporters, but the Community.

The mental health of you guys. Some people will say '... it is only a football club...' but it can, and will mean the world to you. The Supporters.
It is your team.

How it affects the staff? Who have gone unpaid for 5 months.
How it affects their lives? Their mental health.

That damage is incalculable.

This is awful at any time, let alone the sxxt times we are living in with the cost of living.

That doesn’t matter. He has been offered a contract by Solihull at the age of 23, so whoever signs him, be it York, Oldham, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Us or anyone else, compensation will be due.

The only other thing, although I can’t imagine it comes into play here, is that although his contract expires at Solihull on the 30th June, providing he doesn’t sign for a new club before the end of July, that club pays an additional months wages. This comes into play normally when taking a pay cut to sign for a new club. I can’t imagine he was getting paid more at Solihull than the Clubs linked with him but you never know.

That doesn’t matter. He has been offered a contract by Solihull at the age of 23, so whoever signs him, be it York, Oldham, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Us or anyone else, compensation will be due.
Yes. If he is under 24 by the 30th June of the season the club are due compensation.

I think some Chesterfield? fans thought it might be a way out of paying it.

Yes. If he is under 24 by the 30th June of the season the club are due compensation.

I think some Chesterfield? fans thought it might be a way out of paying it.

100% not a way around this unfortunately. Solihull will be due compensation from whoever signs him.

Whoever does sign him will end up with one hell of a player, and a player, if it wasn’t for our embargo, we’d have had before he rocked up at Chesterfield.

100% not a way around this unfortunately. Solihull will be due compensation from whoever signs him.

Whoever does sign him will end up with one hell of a player, and a player, if it wasn’t for our embargo, we’d have had before he rocked up at Chesterfield.
I’m sure, you’re much better placed to answer this than me, @BoyWonder2 but any ideas why he has been in Basildon this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back