• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumour is that we are not signing anyone ,starting to get frustrating now seeing other clubs getting players in this season is a right off already

The rumour is that we are not signing anyone ,starting to get frustrating now seeing other clubs getting players in this season is a right off already
I think if or when the takeover happens next season will be all about building for the following season then we can go up as champions 😀

Don’t think Dallas will any longer hang around for us to sign him.
This wretched takeover could continue for a fair while yet, assuming Kimura don’t pull out.

The Chesterfield “itk”’s on twitter saying Dallas could be announced tonight..

This takeover has actually been a farce. It’s beyond belief how all parties have allowed this to compromise the upcoming season in such a fashion. I really feel for the footballing department and especially Kev. I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he jumped at the first opportunity next season, he’s been let down big time.

Kev won't jump, whilst there is any hope of getting us back into the EFL.

Same goes for Benno and Ruby.

However, if they go, then that will be a sign that the end is nigh!

The Chesterfield “itk”’s on twitter saying Dallas could be announced tonight..

This takeover has actually been a farce. It’s beyond belief how all parties have allowed this to compromise the upcoming season in such a fashion. I really feel for the footballing department and especially Kev. I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he jumped at the first opportunity next season, he’s been let down big time.
The Chesterfield ITKs all said it was ‘100% signed and sealed’ about a month ago. It’s how they operate. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen, but it does mean those folks are as reliable as a Russian news report.

Kev won't jump, whilst there is any hope of getting us back into the EFL.

Same goes for Benno and Ruby.

However, if they go, then that will be a sign that the end is nigh!

I don’t think he will, everything about him and the way he’s conducted himself (goes for Currie and Benno as well) during this whole situation tells me he is here to see the job out. My worry is a league two club starting the season poorly and wanting to take a chance on him.

The Chesterfield ITKs all said it was ‘100% signed and sealed’ about a month ago. It’s how they operate. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen, but it does mean those folks are as reliable as a Russian news report.

That’s true, I guess we’ll wait and see. I do get the feeling though the boat has sailed on Dallas though. He wasn’t going to wait around forever for us to get our **** together.

Don't understand this idea that because there is no transfer window we shouldn't be worried. Most of the top players will have decided fairly quickly what they're doing. A lot of players won't be on a lot so may take the first good offer thst comes. I'm willing to bet most of our targets are no longer available and we'll have to go dumpster diving again

Don't understand this idea that because there is no transfer window we shouldn't be worried. Most of the top players will have decided fairly quickly what they're doing. A lot of players won't be on a lot so may take the first good offer thst comes. I'm willing to bet most of our targets are no longer available and we'll have to go dumpster diving again
We have the best person for non league scouting at our club. Have full faith in our football department to still find quality players once embargo is lifted

York City have signed both Tyler Cordner and now Callum Howe from Solihull today. That’s their back two well and truly sorted. Can’t remember the last time i was envious of anything York f’ing City did.

We have the best person for non league scouting at our club. Have full faith in our football department to still find quality players once embargo is lifted
Agreed, provided the new regime(if it happens) keep him on the payroll, nothing is certain.

York City have signed both Tyler Cordner and now Callum Howe from Solihull today. That’s their back two well and truly sorted. Can’t remember the last time i was envious of anything York f’ing City did.
I concur with your comment MS.
I’ve been looking through Chesterfields club site. And they are promoting all types of things like their own lottery, hiring their facilities for corporate do’s ect.
Also taking bookings for Christmas 🎄. And there is us that can’t look beyond next frecking Wednesday let alone Christmas.
I never ever thought I would envy any other club in this league.
How we have fallen into the gutter, by this odious little man Ron.

I’ve been looking through Chesterfields club site. And they are promoting all types of things like their own lottery, hiring their facilities for corporate do’s ect.
Also taking bookings for Christmas 🎄. And there is us that can’t look beyond next frecking Wednesday let alone Christmas.
You can sign up for blues lottery!!!!

Chesterfield are an excellent and well run football club with a real community ethos . We can learn so much from them here in Southend . I will provide more information on this during the relatively short period I will be on the zone . You have every right to feel envious.

Chesterfield are an excellent and well run football club with a real community ethos . We can learn so much from them here in Southend . I will provide more information on this during the relatively short period I will be on the zone . You have every right to feel envious.
Do you think Rotherham are well run as well? Could we learn anything from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back