• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we need a midfielder than can contribute with occasional goals and assists, Brunt has proven that he isn’t capable of that at this level

Reactions: JD
Yes but we can't go into the season with a 19-year-old as our only goalkeeper. Another season as a number two behind a more experienced player, or even a loan spell somewhere wouldn't do him any harm.
I am not suggesting we go into the coming season with one goalkeeper. Collin actually will be 20 on the 1st August, the same age as Dan Bentley when he became our Number 1. I don't feel there is much difference between the two at the same stage of their careers. The Club does need to sign another keeper, but not necessarily to replace Collin.

I would also suggest that Collin is a better keeper than Nathan Bishop was when he went to Manchester United. Nathan is 23 now and has had his contract extended, so hasn't done badly for himself.

I am not suggesting we go into the coming season with one goalkeeper. Collin actually will be 20 on the 1st August, the same age as Dan Bentley when he became our Number 1. I don't feel there is much difference between the two at the same stage of their careers. The Club does need to sign another keeper, but not necessarily to replace Collin.

I would also suggest that Collin is a better keeper than Nathan Bishop was when he went to Manchester United. Nathan is 23 now and has had his contract extended, so hasn't done badly for himself.
You think Collin is comparable to Bishop and Bentley? That’s quite a claim.

Personally I would hope we can get 2 more keepers in for next season (a permanent number 1 and a young loanee keeper as back up) so Collin can go and have a full season in NLS/NLN. Would be the best thing for him long term.

Still no sign of Dallas turning up anywhere else? If the takeover can get completed in the next week and he’s still available…*

* — I’m not ITK
I’m fairly confident Dallas is holding out for our takeover to be completed.
Dallas has had a host of clubs he could have signed for Chesterfield, Oldham, Gillingham ect . But the crucial factor he hasn’t, so I hope the takeover is done pronto, we don’t want to lose another white board name.

Do any of the ITK know if any other players are still hanging on for the takeover? We were lead to believe Justham was, Dallas could be, just wondering if there's any others in the background we might have lined up? Not expecting names, but any hints that we aren't entirely flat footed in the transfer market would be good to hear.

Do any of the ITK know if any other players are still hanging on for the takeover? We were lead to believe Justham was, Dallas could be, just wondering if there's any others in the background we might have lined up? Not expecting names, but any hints that we aren't entirely flat footed in the transfer market would be good to hear.

Yes. Unbelievably, we do still have a few people hanging on for this takeover.

Obviously we’ve missed out on Justham, McCullum, Daly and a few others. Even Smith, who was another name after Justham, has gone elsewhere.

IF and when this takeover goes through, IF these individuals can still hang on, I can see it being a string of positive news to start off with. However, IF they can’t, we’ll be back starring at that whiteboard looking at new names.

Yes. Unbelievably, we do still have a few people hanging on for this takeover.

Obviously we’ve missed out on Justham, McCullum, Daly and a few others. Even Smith, who was another name after Justham, has gone elsewhere.

IF and when this takeover goes through, IF these individuals can still hang on, I can see it being a string of positive news to start off with. However, IF they can’t, we’ll be back starring at that whiteboard looking at new names.
Cheers BW2, you were the one I was hoping would reply but didn't want to call you out, the info is much appreciated as always.

You think Collin is comparable to Bishop and Bentley? That’s quite a claim.

Personally I would hope we can get 2 more keepers in for next season (a permanent number 1 and a young loanee keeper as back up) so Collin can go and have a full season in NLS/NLN. Would be the best thing for him long term.
I would put him between the two. Better than Bishop not yet as as good as Bentley. They say stats don’t lie. But for Collin not to be one of the best in the division they would have to.
Any independent observer would wonder why statistically one of the best keepers in the division would go on loan to NLS/NLN? A few clubs in our division would be ahead in the queue?

Personally i see potential in Collin, but he is no where near where Bentley was when he came in, Bishop yes but not Bentley. I wouldnt have Collin as our number one i think we need a keeper

Last edited:
I like Colin, he has bags of potential and has shown that he is more than capable of playing at this level now. My concern is, he’s prone to mistakes which is to be expected at a) his age b) this level and from the games I saw of him, he is very shaky when playing out from the back and was moaned at by the defenders on more than one occasion for not coming off his line to collect or to sweep up. I’d like to see us bring in an experienced number 1 so Colin can work with for the next season or two but I certainly wouldn’t be overly worried if we went in to next season with Colin between the sticks.

There are other areas of the pitch that need more strengthening than the keeper - that's not to say if the right target is available and wants to play for us we shouldn't make a move, but more pressing is a CB, and a centre forward. Additionally I'd have an additional attacking midfielder ahead of a another keeper.

There are other areas of the pitch that need more strengthening than the keeper - that's not to say if the right target is available and wants to play for us we shouldn't make a move, but more pressing is a CB, and a centre forward. Additionally I'd have an additional attacking midfielder ahead of an another keeper.
Need to strengthen in every area baring in mind players are putting in notices etc. amount of signings needed are in the double figures imo

Need to strengthen in every area baring in mind players are putting in notices etc. amount of signings needed are in the double figures imo
Well quite - but at the moment those putting in notice are unknown to us.

Even so, there'll still be positions with a higher priority than others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back