• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Rotherham are well run as well? Could we learn anything from them?
I do like the New York stadium ( capacity c. !2,000 ) . Excellent conference and hospitality facilities . But the guy who owns it charges the club about £1m rent per annum . I hope Kimura will not have similar ideas because Blues could never afford it . I am hoping , perhaps wishful thinking by me , that we pay the owner £100k per annum ie roughly the same level of rent that the Ewes pay Colchester City Council . Hopefully, we then sell naming rights ( new revenue stream ) that can completely offset this figure .

Or either of the Sheffield clubs?
It would be great if we could but I am not sure we can be as ambitious as that . But they are both fantastic football clubs with a proud history and both enjoy huge fan support . United were a real help and support to us during our first season in the NL .

Any further posts that say “what’s the point of this thread” or “embargo we can’t sign anyone” will be deleted. Continued posts of this nature will result in a thread ban.

If you think something is pointless, just don’t post in it. I hate Game of Thrones, there was a whole thread on it. I didn’t post in it saying it was pointless drivel. (Example, not to be further discussed) You can just ignore threads if you think they are pointless or don’t like them.

Any further posts that say “what’s the point of this thread” or “embargo we can’t sign anyone” will be deleted. Continued posts of this nature will result in a thread ban.

If you think something is pointless, just don’t post in it. I hate Game of Thrones, there was a whole thread on it. I didn’t post in it saying it was pointless drivel. (Example, not to be further discussed) You can just ignore threads if you think they are pointless or don’t like them.
But I don’t want guitar lessons!

The Chesterfield “itk”’s on twitter saying Dallas could be announced tonight..

This takeover has actually been a farce. It’s beyond belief how all parties have allowed this to compromise the upcoming season in such a fashion. I really feel for the footballing department and especially Kev. I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he jumped at the first opportunity next season, he’s been let down big time.
Dallas still hasn’t signed for Chesterfield, so those ITKs their end are a bit eggy again today… I hope he is waiting for us (what an absolute legend if so) but he must have the patience of an absolute saint.

Still, now that 12 July is finally upon us let’s all hope that there are not just positive but also decisive developments next week. We need the sale, bills and embargo gone by this time next week or our goose is cooked this season.

Realistically how quick can we make signings once sale is completed? Let’s see for arguments sake, sale is done and announced 12th July - can we sign from that point onwards

Realistically how quick can we make signings once sale is completed? Let’s see for arguments sake, sale is done and announced 12th July - can we sign from that point onwards
It would be down to the NL to be satisfied that all football related debts and I think wages have been fully paid up, before they remove the embargo. I’d be shocked if that all happened same day. There could be other things also that prevent the embargo from being lifted, such as payment of a bond. Either way the chances of that all being completed on Wednesday, must be remote.

I’m more concerned the sale wont be completed before Wednesday and a further adjournment beckons. Let’s hope not as that would be a disaster for many reasons.

It would be down to the NL to be satisfied that all football related debts and I think wages have been fully paid up, before they remove the embargo. I’d be shocked if that all happened same day. There could be other things also that prevent the embargo from being lifted, such as payment of a bond. Either way the chances of that all being completed on Wednesday, must be remote.

Very true but Kev must also have guarantees which have kept those players interested in the first place.

Surely whilst Tom takes care of embargo Kev would have his targets heading for B&L with paperwork to be sorted later. We have had out of contract players train with us before signing in the past. I'm rather hoping things move at real fast pace in the first few hours and days after its all done. Fingers crossed, by next weekend there will be smiles all round and queues at the ticket office.

Very true but Kev must also have guarantees which have kept those players interested in the first place.

Surely whilst Tom takes care of embargo Kev would have his targets heading for B&L with paperwork to be sorted later. We have had out of contract players train with us before signing in the past. I'm rather hoping things move at real fast pace in the first few hours and days after its all done. Fingers crossed, by next weekend there will be smiles all round and queues at the ticket office.
How long did Kensdale train with us before being officially unveiled?

For sure, but this time we aren’t even allowed “trialists” to train with us. Before that’s not been an issue. Saying that though, you are right, if our targets are still keen and a relaxation of rules means we can at least “talk” to them, then yes you’d hope some new faces would be in the door by next weekend.

It’s all immaterial if the sale isn’t completed ahead of Wednesday though…

For sure, but this time we aren’t even allowed “trialists” to train with us. Before that’s not been an issue. Saying that though, you are right, if our targets are still keen and a relaxation of rules means we can at least “talk” to them, then yes you’d hope some new faces would be in the door by next weekend.

It’s all immaterial if the sale isn’t completed ahead of Wednesday though…
This may need clarification but I think trialists can train with us however they are not allowed to play in preseason friendlies.

This may need clarification but I think trialists can train with us however they are not allowed to play in preseason friendlies.
surely there is a loophole there ,like Benno would be on good terms im sure with Canvey ,he approaches Canvey and says look we have some trialist training with us ,could you give them say 45 minutes playing for you against us in the friendly to give us a chance to look at them . Is there a rule to stop that .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back