• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas would have been a quality striker for us. Can’t believe Chesterfield haven’t signed him already.
Absolutely, and as the deal had been done once no reason to believe it could not be resurected. With the embargo lasting much longer than anyone other than Ron would have expected, we may miss out.

Still always a silver lining, and if the team can attract quality players from this level to us, whenever the embargo is lifted, if we do miss out, l am sure there will be others.

Just a matter of holding firm and not letting our current position rattle us too much.

Keep the Faith.

I have worked in areas before where it has been common to table a contract offer and at the same time provide an expiry time & date for that offer.

It could be that Dallas has just such an offer from Chesterfield and therefore only has to make the decision as the expiry date & time comes along. With that in the bag, his agent may also have the bones of an offer from Southend United .......... with the knowledge that the takeover needs to be completed before this 2nd offer has "any legs".

For the avoidance of doubt, the above is 100% conjecture.

I have worked in areas before where it has been common to table a contract offer and at the same time provide an expiry time & date for that offer.

It could be that Dallas has just such an offer from Chesterfield and therefore only has to make the decision as the expiry date & time comes along. With that in the bag, his agent may also have the bones of an offer from Southend United .......... with the knowledge that the takeover needs to be completed before this 2nd offer has "any legs".

For the avoidance of doubt, the above is 100% conjecture.
Never thought of looking at it that way. But nevertheless a logical conclusion.

Luke Jepcott from Plymouth latest player to be linked with Spireites. Their odds of 5 to 1 look very inviting, with the squad they are linked with and if they sign 50 per cent of who they are linked with.

As the days tick by .Still under this embargo .So this talk of transfers is sadly just that all talk .No action can take place untill either ron sells up Or pays up what he owes the tax man .

Maybe we have the record in non league?
At non league level the embargo means ****. Surely Kev just phones round on a Friday to see who wants to play anyway and then they meet at the ground or in a car park and travel in a convoy of motors if it’s a an away match. If someone fancies a game, let’s say Callum Powells nephew or Ollie Kensdales brother in law or Mooneys northern mates are down for a **** up, we just say they are one of our registered players. Kev would say before the game if the ref asks your name say you are ‘Chris Wreh’ or ‘Jake Hyde’. Come on we’ve all done it

Do we need to sign another keeper? Seen the rumours on justham but I think Collin has done enough for the number 1 shirt. We don't often have a keeper on the bench and if he gets injured or suspended an emergency loan can be brought in. Or with no transfer window if it turns out last season was beginners luck and he's pony, we can bring someone else in. Trims the wage bill as well.

With Collin being young and looking to progress in the game, I don't think it'd cause him to slack and be too comfortable with no competition for a place in the starting line up.

Do we need to sign another keeper? Seen the rumours on justham but I think Collin has done enough for the number 1 shirt. We don't often have a keeper on the bench and if he gets injured or suspended an emergency loan can be brought in. Or with no transfer window if it turns out last season was beginners luck and he's pony, we can bring someone else in. Trims the wage bill as well.

With Collin being young and looking to progress in the game, I don't think it'd cause him to slack and be too comfortable with no competition for a place in the starting line up.

Yes, yes we do.

It’s not always as easy as picking the phone up to a higher league club and getting a loanee at the drop of a hat. What happens if Collin goes down on the evening before the game/morning of the game/warm up? We are stuck, even more so if we are away in some obscure destination.

Also, where is the incentive for Collin. Competition brings out the best in players. If we have no other senior goalkeeper at the Club, Collin could “phone it in” during training knowing he is starting on Saturday/Tuesday.

You could make the argument about bringing in a goalkeeper on loan with the idea of him being number two, like we tried last summer as the idea was to loan Collin out. Be intrigued if that is still the plan of action despite his impressive performances last year.

Yes, yes we do.

It’s not always as easy as picking the phone up to a higher league club and getting a loanee at the drop of a hat. What happens if Collin goes down on the evening before the game/morning of the game/warm up? We are stuck, even more so if we are away in some obscure destination.

Also, where is the incentive for Collin. Competition brings out the best in players. If we have no other senior goalkeeper at the Club, Collin could “phone it in” during training knowing he is starting on Saturday/Tuesday.

You could make the argument about bringing in a goalkeeper on loan with the idea of him being number two, like we tried last summer as the idea was to loan Collin out. Be intrigued if that is still the plan of action despite his impressive performances last year.

Good point on the injury in warm up kind of scenario. As I said I think with Collin being so young and wanting to progress, the incentive to train hard etc is there despite lack of competition.

Agree maybe a loan keeper to provide competition, especially if wages paid be loaning club!

Good point on the injury in warm up kind of scenario. As I said I think with Collin being so young and wanting to progress, the incentive to train hard etc is there despite lack of competition.

Agree maybe a loan keeper to provide competition, especially if wages paid be loaning club!

Yeah, Collin is definitely not the type of lad to do that, but we’ve had plenty here previously who have.

The idea last season was Arnold number one, loanee on the bench/stands all season, Collin on loan to develop.

I wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see new goalkeeper and a loanee in too with Collin out on loan, but I wouldn’t be surprised with a new goalkeeper and Collin battling it out all season. A season on the bench wouldn’t help Collin however…

Yeah, Collin is definitely not the type of lad to do that, but we’ve had plenty here previously who have.

The idea last season was Arnold number one, loanee on the bench/stands all season, Collin on loan to develop.

I wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see new goalkeeper and a loanee in too with Collin out on loan, but I wouldn’t be surprised with a new goalkeeper and Collin battling it out all season. A season on the bench wouldn’t help Collin however…
The embargo scuppered the plans to sign a reserve keeper on loan and send Collin out last season. Worked out OK in the end, but I wouldn't think sitting on the bench next season would aid his development. Loan to National League South or another NL team would be ideal.

The embargo scuppered the plans to sign a reserve keeper on loan and send Collin out last season. Worked out OK in the end, but I wouldn't think sitting on the bench next season would aid his development. Loan to National League South or another NL team would be ideal.

That’s what I’m thinking.

New number 1, youngster on loan to cover the bench/injuries/suspension/maybe even cup games, Collin getting proper game time and establishing himself more.

Just looked up Luke Jephcott and nearly 1 in 3 strike rate including 33 in 106 for Plymouth in L1 and 2. Will be a free agent, if a team gets him in NL, a helluva signing on paper and only 23!
Unfortunately I have to work with some Plymouth supporters. One guy seems to get inside info from some playing staff.
He reckons Chesterfield have been linked, but thinks the player is more than likely to join another 1 or 2 league side.
I must say I’m not ITK , but just passing on the rumours.

It's interesting that the only players that have left so far are older players with poor injury records.

Just remember we can offer contracts hut we can't register players so if someones leaving it likely means we didn't make an offer or they got a better offer elsewhere
I’m sure anyone who’s happy at the club playing under the 3 amigos won’t be in a rush to move on their agents must have an idea what’s round the corner with all the rumours flying around ,and they all for making money , pretty certain bridge would have already walked if he wasn’t happy and didn’t know what sort of deal he will be getting I guess someone has said to him hang around jack and here’s what you’re be getting £££££ fingers crossed for some good news later this week ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back