• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another target, in so far as he legitimately was, gone, with Elliot Justham signing a long term extension at the tramps down the A13. Players who've spent time there before us don't tend to do well anyway, look at Abu Ogogo, and we all know my take on that. Anywho, hopefully some good news soon as like it or not we are stagnating while others steal a march.
Do you mean Ling rather than Justham?

If someone who is still under contract ain’t waiting for the takeover just shows that we are nowhere near completion imo

Another target, in so far as he legitimately was, gone, with Elliot Justham signing a long term extension at the tramps down the A13. Players who've spent time there before us don't tend to do well anyway, look at Abu Ogogo, and we all know my take on that. Anywho, hopefully some good news soon as like it or not we are stagnating while others steal a march.
So Abu Ogogo got a heart condition and was no longer able to play for us because he used to play for Dagenham? If you say so, Barry.

We pulled out the Roberts deal around a week ago. Lad is a liability with injuries and commanded a fee of around 25k which is similar to the amount of compensation Solihull require for Dallas.

With what happened with George Cooper last season (could never get fit and paid him up after 6 months after signing a 2 year deal) we didn’t want to do that again. Glad we didn’t sign him because of the injuries and always felt a bit random when we have Dobra,Colclough,Manderville,Uchegbulam occupying the wings. No need for another really who would be a relatively high wage and not guaranteed the game time he wants.

Excellent player on paper but can never get fit, no surprise really he is now in the NLN.

As for Dallas he was actually around Chesterfield saturday night as I think every CFC fan alive had a picture with him. Bit random and adds fuel that he has signed but again you can never be certain,I know he has a lot of offers from teams in L2. Lets see what happens with that one
I'm sure I read on the Notts board that if county lost strikers as they have Rodriguez to higher league clubs, then county would be in for Dallas !

Now this really is a thread that should be closed until, or if, we are ever out of embargo
As frustrating as this limbo is, I absolutely disagree. People will talk about this whether there’s a thread for it or not.

One thread is much easier to ignore if you’d rather ‘check out’ of this subject until real news comes (and who could blame you). It also helps keep updates in one place so that those who want to know can find it easily. The same is true for the takeover thread.

Barnet are signing very well. More and more frustrating every day this now
Im finding this situ more frustarting than the takeover. Its a double issue for us. Need to get rid of Ron and also the embargo but the two are linked. Wouldnt be so bad if we just had to worry about the takeover but when other teams are getting their squads together and we cant its double frustrating. Im not sure how many players have signed elsehwere that we may have wanted but im certain Ling was one. Justham and Dallas are two others that maybe hanging on but sooner or later their patience will run out. they are NL players and need money and security

I would have thought Chesterfield will have set a deadline for Dallas to make his mind up, and I imagine it wouldn’t be more than a couple weeks from their offer.

All conjecture but it makes sense for them to put a bit of pressure on, they’ll know he’s unlikely to turn them down without some solid progress and clarity from any other interested club (us).

You being the hypothetical collective. Much like if I said, 'you can't go wrong with Ashmore in goal', I'm not saying you as in Supershrimper, am I?
As a fan of Southend I would have stated "we" or "us". As a fan of another club I would have probably put "you". Probably me being a pedant.

Needless though can't sign anyone whilst under an embargo. Window is shopping is all well and good, but at some point we need to dip into the shops and purchase something and thats very hard to do whilst both hands are tied behind our back. Get that shackles off and hopefully we should then start to see some signings etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back