• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in the same boat as me thoroughly sick of the club politica and the false dawn takeover rumours and contemplating not getting a season ticket for the first time in donkeys years?

Yours,

Barry

Anyone in the same boat as me thoroughly sick of the club politica and the false dawn takeover rumours and contemplating not getting a season ticket for the first time in donkeys years?

Yours,

Barry
Apart from it feels more like a rubber dinghy

Yours,

Barry
I’m quite the opposite very happy things are moving forward gradually ( ever sold a house) and soon Ron will be a thing of the past and brighter times ahead for us & I’m very glad I bought my season ticket as a staff member told me they went to help pay their wages, people stopped buying tickets so the staff never got their wages

How will Justham be for you Barry? Iirc you are less than Daggers amiable.
As I said about Agogo it would not be a good signing to get someone who bleeds red and blue. I was mocked at the time but who can say it paid off in our favour? I'd be all over Ashmore. Either way we need a stable experienced number one rather than bouncing between two youngsters however good they are.

I heard from a very reliable source, that at least 2 players we signed failed their medicals, but the manager at the time still persuaded Ron to sign them.
No prize for guessing the manager!
Going back I did hear Ben clarkson told a certain manager after a medical ( don’t touch him with a barge pole) Keirnan I think but they signed him there was a almighty fall out Ben disappeared from the bench for a while , and later left the club,

Going back I did hear Ben clarkson told a certain manager after a medical ( don’t touch him with a barge pole) Keirnan I think but they signed him there was a almighty fall out Ben disappeared from the bench for a while , and later left the club,
Yeah, Kiernan should never have been signed. The problem with his knee was picked up in the medical and it was an accident waiting to happen.

Add another central defender and a midfielder to failed medicals, seriously the money we have wasted due to poor decisions is criminal!

Tom is a very decent/honest player who will give you a 7/8 out of 10 performance time after time, think of John White in terms of reliability and you won't be far off the mark. He rarely gets booked or injured but lacks pace, he is a great man marker but is not vocal so he would need a vocally dominant player alongside him ideally. He has great experience having played 466 games for us, he would do a great job for you he is easily good enough to still be playing in league two and at 31 years of age he will be around for a few more years as yet! He was unlucky to be released but we have brought in 2-3 younger/quicker players who have settled in really well so his chances with us would have been very limited. He is a leader of sorts but leads by example rather than a vocal type as I said, but he is big and strong in the air just the guy to sort out big lump centre forwards! Of course Kensdale will know him very well which would help with getting to know each others style of play etc.
He had to play an awful lot of games alongside Luke Plodder and as they didn’t concede hundreds of goals,he certainly has been more than useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back