• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had to play an awful lot of games alongside Luke Plodder and as they didn’t concede hundreds of goals,he certainly has been more than useful.
😄 Funnily enough the Colchester fans mostly liked Luke as a player and a person he always put in 100% effort. I hope Tom gets sorted out somewhere he didn't deserve to be released from us really, Harrogate were desperate to sign him and did everything they could to get him to sign permanently, but he is a local lad and didn't want to move from the Essex area which is fair enough, family comes 1st.

Ipswich Town had reportedly joined the hunt for Southend United defender Ollie Kensdale according to The Sun, however, a further report has now emerged claiming the club are not targeting the player.

The 23-year-old was being linked to the recently promoted Championship side alongside several League One clubs as he enters the final year of his contract with Southend however a report in the East Anglian Daily Times claims that this is wide of the mark. Whilst the identity of the third-tier clubs mentioned in the report by The Sun have yet to be revealed at present.

Hi Barry, great to see you back on the zone. You haven't trolled us since......last summers transfer thread.
Again I have to say I'm no troll. What would someone get out of that? I took some time out through a combination of ill health and not wanting to remind myself of the misery of our off pitch plight.

Now that Ive finished defending myself yet again I say Let's not detract from the purpose of this thread.

Bromley had another player depart today in the form of a very talented youngster to Norwich City. While doubtlessly not desirable to lose any first team players, our target, if ever shot of Ron Martin, must be to construct a system that produces a conveyor belt of homegrown talents, in the Sandat calibre.

Bromley had another player depart today in the form of a very talented youngster to Norwich City. While doubtlessly not desirable to lose any first team players, our target, if ever shot of Ron Martin, must be to construct a system that produces a conveyor belt of homegrown talents, in the Sandat calibre.
We tried that and it kept the club afloat for a little while, the model we are aiming at now where we identify a rough diamond like Kensdale then sell them on is a more profitable model long term. Just ask Brentford

Happily I think our potential new owners think similarly

We tried that and it kept the club afloat for a little while, the model we are aiming at now where we identify a rough diamond like Kensdale then sell them on is a more profitable model long term. Just ask Brentford

I don't mean to snipe but when Crewe were selling on players & had the same manager for year after year people said "oh look at Crewe - that's what we should be doing", when Norwich were top of the 1st Division & playing great football it was "oh, that's what we should be doing", lately it has been the "Peterborough method" and now it is Brentford ......... when Colchester start doing well, people will start saying "let's follow them" ............ well, perhaps that is a little too far fetched.

I think we should do what is right for Southend United & plough our own furrow.

Last edited:
I don't mean to snipe but when Crewe were selling on players & had the same manager for year after year people said "oh look at Crewe - that's what we should be doing", when Norwich were top of the 1st Division & playing great football it was "oh, that's what we should be doing", lately it has been the "Peterborough method" and now it is Brentford ......... when Colchester start doing well, people will start saying "let's follow them" ............ well, perhaps that is a little too far fetched.

I think we should do what is right for Southend United & plough our own farrow.
Whilst I agree with you on the fashions of football, the unwelcome truth is that academy players move for fractions of their worth when you are a league team.

Now we aren't we don't have the recognition of our academy so our players can and will be snapped up for nothing.

Besides would our finances have been better if we didn't invest in the academy and used the money on snapping up promising youngsters from lower leagues which is what our best academy products tended to be

Every in-vogue philosophy has a lifespan. Brighton and Brentford are the ones at the moment. 2-3 years ago it was Leicester and now they've become the most expensively assembled squad in history to be relegated. There is no proven formula for success anyone can implement. At this level, it is true, it may be counterproductive to painstakingly nurture youngsters who can then be poached at a pittance. Though it would be nice for us to become more...self sufficient, should I say.

Every in-vogue philosophy has a lifespan. Brighton and Brentford are the ones at the moment. 2-3 years ago it was Leicester and now they've become the most expensively assembled squad in history to be relegated. There is no proven formula for success anyone can implement. At this level, it is true, it may be counterproductive to painstakingly nurture youngsters who can then be poached at a pittance. Though it would be nice for us to become more...self sufficient, should I say.
Leicester got their triumph by unity and balance in the dressing room and having a coach who worked the blend with aplomb.
Jose has had good success with his management approach but maybe is past his sell by date now.
Ferguson, Shankley, Clough, simply extraordinary.
My point is that the manager's influence shouldn't be underestimated AND I believe the 3 Amigos plus have gone a very positive distance to getting the set up, on field and dressing room, towards getting rewards and success.
More important than club set up? Very possibly.

Been scouting around various sites including chesterfield fc. And no mention anywhere that Andy Dallas has signed for anybody yet.
So I’m keeping everything crossed.
Fair, but be careful - if he is destined to sign for us, the way this takeover is going your bits will have dropped off before he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back