• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I have to work with some Plymouth supporters. One guy seems to get inside info from some playing staff.
He reckons Chesterfield have been linked, but thinks the player is more than likely to join another 1 or 2 league side.
I must say I’m not ITK , but just passing on the rumours.
Yeah first post on him was to state Chesterfield's interest. Would be a surprise to see him going to NL, but you never know.....unlikely though, l agree.

we were, guess these players are starting to lose patience with the possible takeover. Hope the likes of Justham, Dallas etc can hold on a bit longer
How long is a bit longer? Reading what Arnold said it doesnt bode well, if the manager doesnt know when he can move on contracts. Arnold said he was talking to him every day and he didnt know when. If we are to believe what the 3 that have gone have said then Kev wanted them to stay (personally i would only have Kept one of Hyde and Murphy) then its really hurting us with the delays. Ralph and Bridge will they be next? I hope not. Fingers crossed everything is done this week

How long is a bit longer? Reading what Arnold said it doesnt bode well, if the manager doesnt know when he can move on contracts. Arnold said he was talking to him every day and he didnt know when. If we are to believe what the 3 that have gone have said then Kev wanted them to stay (personally i would only have Kept one of Hyde and Murphy) then its really hurting us with the delays. Ralph and Bridge will they be next? I hope not. Fingers crossed everything is done this week
i dont believe any that have left kev wanted to keep. Arnold was on decent money but fitness was going to be an issue. The fact that we have been in talks with Justham suggests that Arnold was never in the plans. Hyde wasnt out player and why would we even contemplate keeping him and Murphy has signed for NLS side so shows where he is now in his career. Those that Kev wants to keep are still in the building for at least the next few weeks

i dont believe any that have left kev wanted to keep. Arnold was on decent money but fitness was going to be an issue. The fact that we have been in talks with Justham suggests that Arnold was never in the plans. Hyde wasnt out player and why would we even contemplate keeping him and Murphy has signed for NLS side so shows where he is now in his career. Those that Kev wants to keep are still in the building for at least the next few weeks
I am just saying what they all have said (or in so many words), and did caveat that by saying if we are to believe what they say, in the interviews with CP, dont shoot the messenger. Hopefully Kev comes out and says what the situation with those that have gone was when he can do one the take over is completed

Not everybody is desperate to join us. Half the league used to be EFL and a little pocket of those are of very big stature including ourselves. Then you have the Solihulls and Wokings trying to compete. Out-of-contract players talk to loads of clubs. While certainly frustrating there's no guarantee the takeover is the sole factor preventing these players from signing for us. The market is complicated.

Not that we’d have had any chance of signing him due to location but how the hell have Scunthorpe pulled off a signing like this in the regionals?

Just shows what can happen under new ownership. Hurry up Ron and sell up you parasite.

On a side note, the Chesterfield “itk” who say it’s only a matter of time before Dallas puts pen to paper we’re also very confident of signing this lad as well.

Not that we’d have had any chance of signing him due to location but how the hell have Scunthorpe pulled off a signing like this in the regionals?

Just shows what can happen under new ownership. Hurry up Ron and sell up you parasite.

On a side note, the Chesterfield “itk” who say it’s only a matter of time before Dallas puts pen to paper we’re also very confident of signing this lad as well.
Couldn't believe it when I read this. He's probably too good for this league yet alone National League north. Scunny must've thrown some silly money at him.

I also thought of that when I saw it, Chesterfield thought he was in the bag. Sadly I fear we will be too late to the party to have any chance of Dallas.

Some signing, crazy why he would drop so low considering he was ripping up the national league. Fair play to scunthorpe.

Scunthorpe owners have a lot of money so will be another big competition when they come back up

We pulled out the Roberts deal around a week ago. Lad is a liability with injuries and commanded a fee of around 25k which is similar to the amount of compensation Solihull require for Dallas.

With what happened with George Cooper last season (could never get fit and paid him up after 6 months after signing a 2 year deal) we didn’t want to do that again. Glad we didn’t sign him because of the injuries and always felt a bit random when we have Dobra,Colclough,Manderville,Uchegbulam occupying the wings. No need for another really who would be a relatively high wage and not guaranteed the game time he wants.

Excellent player on paper but can never get fit, no surprise really he is now in the NLN.

As for Dallas he was actually around Chesterfield saturday night as I think every CFC fan alive had a picture with him. Bit random and adds fuel that he has signed but again you can never be certain,I know he has a lot of offers from teams in L2. Lets see what happens with that one

We pulled out the Roberts deal around a week ago. Lad is a liability with injuries and commanded a fee of around 25k which is similar to the amount of compensation Solihull require for Dallas.

With what happened with George Cooper last season (could never get fit and paid him up after 6 months after signing a 2 year deal) we didn’t want to do that again. Glad we didn’t sign him because of the injuries and always felt a bit random when we have Dobra,Colclough,Manderville,Uchegbulam occupying the wings. No need for another really who would be a relatively high wage and not guaranteed the game time he wants.

Excellent player on paper but can never get fit, no surprise really he is now in the NLN.

As for Dallas he was actually around Chesterfield saturday night as I think every CFC fan alive had a picture with him. Bit random and adds fuel that he has signed but again you can never be certain,I know he has a lot of offers from teams in L2. Lets see what happens with that one
Think you will get Dallas now

I hear he's holding out to see whether we can get the embargo lifted. He'd have signed elsewhere or with you by now if not.

Ultimately though I doubt he'll be able to hold on for much longer and we'll miss out.

Another target, in so far as he legitimately was, gone, with Elliot Justham signing a long term extension at the tramps down the A13. Players who've spent time there before us don't tend to do well anyway, look at Abu Ogogo, and we all know my take on that. Anywho, hopefully some good news soon as like it or not we are stagnating while others steal a march.

Another target, in so far as he legitimately was, gone, with Elliot Justham signing a long term extension at the tramps down the A13. Players who've spent time there before us don't tend to do well anyway, look at Abu Ogogo, and we all know my take on that. Anywho, hopefully some good news soon as like it or not we are stagnating while others steal a march.
I am seeing nothing official that confirms this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back