• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas is supposedly at the Technique Stadium having his photos done for the Chesterfield announcement, according to their ITK. Wonder if we could go for Poleon instead or even Muhammadu Faal from Havant & Waterlooville?

Stan, Freddy and Kacper prove that point.

Every summer certain names are claimed to have been missed by us but they were never targets. Others have agents who refused to deal with us and some for commuting reasons (James Henry etc) who didn't want to move a young family and after 2 trips to Southend decided the A127 is not for him.

Maybe he should have tried the A13,

Dallas is supposedly at the Technique Stadium having his photos done for the Chesterfield announcement, according to their ITK. Wonder if we could go for Poleon instead or even Muhammadu Faal from Havant & Waterlooville?

Both would very much be third and fourth choice options. It’s a real shame that once again Kev and his team are being let down by the club.

RHYS Murphy thinks Southend United head coach Kevin Maher must be ‘tearing his hair out’ at Roots Hall.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
I'm surprised that Kev wanted to keep Murphy on. Not based on his ability, but based solely on his ability to get onto the pitch in the first place. Good player at this level but way too much of a gamble.

Seeing as Bridge has apparently been offered a contract (ready to be signed once the embargo has been lifted), one does wonder if Murphy was ever really offered anything.

It is interesting when thinking about why some players are waiting and some are not. Love for the club? Good offer from the club? Not really wanted? Don't trust the process? Agents and family in their ear? It could be any one of those options.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Kev wanted to keep Murphy on. Not based on ability, but the his actual ability to get onto the pitch in the first place. Good player at this level but way too much of a gamble.

Seeing as Bridge has apparently been offered a contract (ready to be signed once the embargo has been lifted), one does wonder if Murphy was ever really offered anything.

It is interesting when thinking about why some players are waiting and some are not. Love for the club? Good offer from the club? Not really wanted? Don't trust the process? Agents and family in their ear? It could be any one of those options.
He was probably being polite in saying "I would if I could but I can't" etc. There's no way they would've wanted an injury prone 32/33 year old around the place going forward

Stan, Freddy and Kacper prove that point.

Every summer certain names are claimed to have been missed by us but they were never targets. Others have agents who refused to deal with us and some for commuting reasons (James Henry etc) who didn't want to move a young family and after 2 trips to Southend decided the A127 is not for him.

Fingers crossed the new owners will project a much better name for the club including local hotels and Landlords.....Some young lads have been left to struggled with little or no advice.

I see your point, but for every Stan there are the likes of Ridgewell

Tom Eastman to replace Hobson maybe?

Has turned down Harrogate as doesn’t want to uproot his family from Essex: https://www.harrogateadvertiser.co....man-turns-down-move-to-harrogate-town-4180041

What type of defender is he @Colchester and proud! ?

I do think we could do with a bit of experience back there, a leader. Is he a leader? Is he good with his feet, or is he more of a head it and kick it away type defender?

Kensdale has come on leaps and bounds, but I’m not sure of him as the middle of a three back there. Technically, good on the ball, and a decent enough defender, but with Hobbo leaving, could he be switched the the RCB role, with a leader in the middle? Obviously we have Lomas who can play in that RCB role too.

What type of defender is he @Colchester and proud! ?

I do think we could do with a bit of experience back there, a leader. Is he a leader? Is he good with his feet, or is he more of a head it and kick it away type defender?

Kensdale has come on leaps and bounds, but I’m not sure of him as the middle of a three back there. Technically, good on the ball, and a decent enough defender, but with Hobbo leaving, could he be switched the the RCB role, with a leader in the middle? Obviously we have Lomas who can play in that RCB role too.
C&P will know more but for me, he doesn't quite fit the mould we seem to be targeting of mobile defenders who play out from the back. Only seen him play a couple of times though.

I’d like us to bring in a physical defender who can play in the middle of the back three. Not necessarily as first choice, but for those matches where more of a physical presence is required - like against Boreham Wood for example.

As highly as I rate Kensdale, I think there’s still the potential there for him to get a little bullied against a certain type of striker, and it never seemed to be a problem when Łopata was in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back