• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we loose out on Dallas is because we haven’t met players deadlines they can’t wait around forever.. I’d expect others to follow suit aswell unfortunately

Reactions: TJC
Would it be possible for the new ownership to pay off the debt to get the embargo cleared whilst work is going on in the background?? Or is a deal too far off for that? Just me thinking out loud

Would it be possible for the new ownership to pay off the debt to get the embargo cleared whilst work is going on in the background?? Or is a deal too far off for that? Just me thinking out loud

Would you pay for significant work to be completed on a house you were buying before contracts are exchanged?

What if deal doesn't go through?

Why would anyone do that?

In short. No. That wouldn't be prudent.

The tipped signings sound like sustainable recruitment that may get us promoted rather than let’s chuck a **** load of money at it and get out of this league with a record points total. Plenty of fish in the sea we’re fishing in If these get away.

Looking at Chesterfield’s fans forum, their source is a ‘usually reliable‘ Twitter source…. identical to our source. One of them must be wrong though. I’d be gutted to miss out on Dallas to one of our main promotion rivals!
Absolutely. On FF one of the decent Spireites on their saying our ITK needs to check his sources.

Not feeling good about Dallas now and that would be a big blow.

Would you pay for significant work to be completed on a house you were buying before contracts are exchanged?

What if deal doesn't go through?

Why would anyone do that?

In short. No. That wouldn't be prudent.
No I fully agree with you! I don't think it'll happen but we really don't know how close or far we actually are.

I'm sure there is a way it can be worked into the negotiations. They pay it off now and it gets knocked off the price overall. If doesn't happen then it's in Ron's hands to pay them back.

YES I know no one would trust Ron with this but it's a sure fire way of getting him to sell up

Absolutely. On FF one of the decent Spireites on their saying our ITK needs to check his sources.

I can't see Dallas picking us other Chesterfield even if the take over had already happened. I know there are rumours he was interested in January but Chesterfield have to be right up there as favourites this year. He was there for 6 months last year. Seems unlikely he would join us anyway. Onto the next

Just a friendly reminder that @londonshrimper. said Dallas is a target.

Doesn't mean he'll sign for us, and doesn't mean he won't sign for Chesterfield......although we would all hope that he'll hold on for us.

In short, both LS and the Chesterfield ITK could be right.

No I fully agree with you! I don't think it'll happen but we really don't know how close or far we actually are.

I'm sure there is a way it can be worked into the negotiations. They pay it off now and it gets knocked off the price overall. If doesn't happen then it's in Ron's hands to pay them back.

YES I know no one would trust Ron with this but it's a sure fire way of getting him to sell up

Yes it's possible in theory - but as you say it needs to be structured so that the purchasers get their cash back if the deal falls through - not sure how many unencumbered assets Ron has left that he could pledge as collateral.

I’m surprised would have thought any players that new Southend was looking at them would hang on for the takeover surely we could offer better deals than chesterfield , but maybe he would rather be living up north rather than down south,

I’m surprised would have thought any players that new Southend was looking at them would hang on for the takeover surely we could offer better deals than chesterfield , but maybe he would rather be living up north rather than down south,
Chesterfield had an average attendance of nearly 7000 last season and will likely start the season as favourites.

After trawling Twitter for a bit its clear that the source of the Chesterfield rumour is @SportsPeteO Pete ORourke who just happens to give his occupation as transfer correspondent for FootyInsider247.

One or two Solihull sources then Tweeted it - but they were clear in their Tweets that they were taking this from ORourke. Another Twitterer called Charlie Walden was also mentioned by Chesterfield fans but several others then piped up on their forum to say he doesn’t know what he’s talking about and he’s just an attention seeker. It felt like being back on here 😁

Maybe it’s true and he’ll sign for Chesterfield, but the rumour is hardly from an iron clad source. I guess we should find out tomorrow…

After trawling Twitter for a bit its clear that the source of the Chesterfield rumour is @SportsPeteO Pete ORourke who just happens to give his occupation as transfer correspondent for FootyInsider247.

One or two Solihull sources then Tweeted it - but they were clear in their Tweets that they were taking this from ORourke. Another Twitterer called Charlie Walden was also mentioned by Chesterfield fans but several others then piped up on their forum to say he doesn’t know what he’s talking about and he’s just an attention seeker. It felt like being back on here 😁

Maybe it’s true and he’ll sign for Chesterfield, but the rumour is hardly from an iron clad source. I guess we should find out tomorrow…
Great Netflix crime series in the making: a weathered football fan mercilessly hunting down the source of ITK rumours.

That Pete O’Rourke is a chancer. He trawls places like SZ looking for snippets of information. Throw enough **** and something will stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back