• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Pete O’Rourke is a chancer. He trawls places like SZ looking for snippets of information. Throw enough **** and something will stick.

I think you have just defined the vast majority of all twits on twitter .......... posting false information followed by others then posting it on.

I look at it the other way round - if it on Twitter it is false until it is proven otherwise.

Sounds very likely Dallas is being announced for us next week as-well as Will Grigg and a keeper from Everton who was on loan at Chester last season in NLN team of the season. As always no one really knows apart from the club but our reliable sources who aren’t normally wrong are now reporting it.

Not sure really where the rumours Dallas to you may of come from because if it wasn’t a league two move for him I could only see him signing for us in this division after being here the last 6 months. You never know in football however so knowing both our luck he will probably make a shock move to Aldershot next week!😂

Sounds very likely Dallas is being announced for us next week as-well as Will Grigg and a keeper from Everton who was on loan at Chester last season in NLN team of the season. As always no one really knows apart from the club but our reliable sources who aren’t normally wrong are now reporting it.

Not sure really where the rumours Dallas to you may of come from because if it wasn’t a league two move for him I could only see him signing for us in this division after being here the last 6 months. You never know in football however so knowing both our luck he will probably make a shock move to Aldershot next week!😂
You may be right, I guess we’ll see tomorrow. Looks like a couple of dodgy Twitter transfer rumours journos made a couple of posts - one actually only alluding to signings but not saying who…. And then the fans went and ran with that message - and who can blame them.

However one of our ’in the know’ folks, who isn’t a journo but just a fan with solid connections to the right people at the club, has also Tweeted something very different today.

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow but I think it might be a little premature for you guys to pop the champagne corks just yet.

You may be right, I guess we’ll see tomorrow. Looks like a couple of dodgy Twitter transfer rumours journos made a couple of posts - one actually only alluding to signings but not saying who…. And then the fans went and ran with that message - and who can blame them.

However one of our ’in the know’ folks, who isn’t a journo but just a fan with solid connections to the right people at the club, has also Tweeted something very different today.

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow but I think it might be a little premature for you guys to pop the champagne corks just yet.
👀Do you have a link?

Looks like confidence on the Chesterfield forum is having a bit of a wobble, Theres a new rumour that two players are signing - Will Grigg and a keeper from Everton.
They are talking about lynching the poster a fella called Walden if it turns out Dallas doesn't sign for them, 'cos he has actually announced that he has signed and will be announced next week, along with Griggs and a loan keeper from Everton, who was with Chester in the NLN last season.

Last edited:

The rumours about Dallas signing for us may be based on something going on being the scenes, I’m not ITK, but regarding only seeing him sign for you in this league is a little naive.

Rumours here from multiple sources were that he wanted to sign here last season but the embargo stopped it, and with lots of very positive noises about the new owners who are hopefully very close to being announced you can see why you might have some competition.

I’m not saying he would definitely choose us over you, but it’s not clear the other way either. Two good options for the lad.

The rumours about Dallas signing for us may be based on something going on being the scenes, I’m not ITK, but regarding only seeing him sign for you in this league is a little naive.

Rumours here from multiple sources were that he wanted to sign here last season but the embargo stopped it, and with lots of very positive noises about the new owners who are hopefully very close to being announced you can see why you might have some competition.

I’m not saying he would definitely choose us over you, but it’s not clear the other way either. Two good options for the lad.

Its highly likely that both ITK's at Chesterfield and Southend are correct. He certainly would be the first player to appear to want to sign another contract until at the last minute Kev phones and informs him of new funding very close and a better deal

Its highly likely that both ITK's at Chesterfield and Southend are correct. He certainly would be the first player to appear to want to sign another contract until at the last minute Kev phones and informs him of new funding very close and a better deal

Yes, it does no harm from the player's point of view to have two or more clubs interested in you.

These tend to be better players with perhaps 3 or 4 offers.

A lot of people on here are obsessed with earlier the better. Its level of attitude x ability x availability = Better.

Earlier is better. The management will be well aware of their number 1 targets and those targets will have been watched and the likely hood of their success as players for Sufc will be higher than those further down the list.

Missing out on all of your number one targets will undoubtedly weaken chances of promotion.

The opposite is probably true of the loan market when bigger clubs will want to wait to see who comes in before sending players out.

Earlier is better. The management will be well aware of their number 1 targets and those targets will have been watched and the likely hood of their success as players for Sufc will be higher than those further down the list.

Missing out on all of your number one targets will undoubtedly weaken chances of promotion.

The opposite is probably true of the loan market when bigger clubs will want to wait to see who comes in before sending players out.

I get why this fallacy exists across SUFC fans, as we are so used to missing targets, but soon people need to forget what they have learned as an SUFC supporter in these past few years. The usual thoughts and fears won't apply anymore.

Wrexham signed Paul Mullin on 23rd July 2021, about 4 weeks before the first game.

He was out of contract and they had all the money to throw at him - and it still happened that late. They took Dalby off us in the week of the first league match last summer.

Early does not necessarily equal good.

I get why this fallacy exists across SUFC fans, as we are so used to missing targets, but soon people need to forget what they have learned as an SUFC supporter in these past few years. The usual thoughts and fears won't apply anymore.

Wrexham signed Paul Mullin on 23rd July 2021, about 4 weeks before the first game.

He was out of contract and they had all the money to throw at him - and it still happened that late. They took Dalby off us in the week of the first league match last summer.

Early does not necessarily equal good.

Stan, Freddy and Kacper prove that point.

Every summer certain names are claimed to have been missed by us but they were never targets. Others have agents who refused to deal with us and some for commuting reasons (James Henry etc) who didn't want to move a young family and after 2 trips to Southend decided the A127 is not for him.

Fingers crossed the new owners will project a much better name for the club including local hotels and Landlords.....Some young lads have been left to struggled with little or no advice.

What i do think is even if we miss out on our main targets , Kev and co have built a good reputation and other clubs will have noticed this . and if we have to go into the loanee market we will get some really good ones offered to us by some very good clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back