• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Annoyingly they’ve just made transfermarkt incompatible with my adblocker this last week but their records definitely were incomplete below NL when I’ve used them in the past so I’d take previous years with a pinch of salt.

Rushall Olympic in action tonight at home. Wonder if one of our recruitment team will be in attendance? Perhaps other clubs put on alert too since our interest has become known. Pre-contract agreement might be in order if we are that keen?
Waldron was taken off with a knock on 11th November and hasn't been named in the squad since then. We'll find out shortly if he's recovered to take his place up front tonight.

I saw Levi's agent tagging him in a post the other day regarding our possible transfer activity. Hadn't seen it mentioned on here. Could elude to them not knowing he is on the radar, or him not actually being on the radar at all!

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 19.19.02.png

Interesting post from a York fan on another forum just over an hour ago:

Haxby Reds:
Interesting Q&A night with Ardley and Uggla,
Neil Ardley said we had to move fast on the deal for Braintree striker Will Davies because of Southend coming out of admin wanted him.
Also Barnet,Kiddy and Dorking.

There's another to add to the "lost" column from the whiteboard.

Cheers Ron!

Interesting post from a York fan on another forum just over an hour ago:

Haxby Reds:
Interesting Q&A night with Ardley and Uggla,
Neil Ardley said we had to move fast on the deal for Braintree striker Will Davies because of Southend coming out of admin wanted him.
Also Barnet,Kiddy and Dorking.

There's another to add to the "lost" column from the whiteboard.

Cheers Ron!
He loves the fnckng club you idiot!
He’s saving us from signing non league rubbish you see🙃😉

Jokes aside, there are some good players on that whiteboard. Let's hope we can get some of them in soon!

Wonder if we are still in for the Premier League youngster that BoyWonder previously mentioned?

His name is still on the whiteboard.

What I must say, we aren’t “in” for every name on the whiteboard. We have different lists depending on budgets, injury cover, etc etc.

So, for example and these aren’t names on there.

Let’s look at GK. We will have a list of the GK’s we have (Collin & Martin) and their contract situations. We will have a list of GK we should be able to bring in short notice for injury/suspension like we did with Hayes & Blondy before. We will have a list of GK’s that’s contract is expiring in the summer that could come in either as a number 1, a youngest with big potential but not a number 1, a squad GK and so forth. A list of GK’s we could sign if we have X amount of budget, a list if we have Y and if we have Z budget. If we are able to spend £ on a keeper we’d have a list of those, and if we have to cut our cloth, we have a list for that too. If we went down the route and wanted a number 1 as a long term loan, we’d have a list for that too.

For any one position, we can have up for 20 names for that. Doesn’t mean we will be in for 20 goalkeepers.

The idea being that if we lost a key player to long term injury, or sold them for example, we’d have a list of replacements ready to go.

We have the same for coaches and management too. If Currie, for example, was poached by someone, we have a list of coaches to hopefully slot in.

I can’t confess to seeing every name, and I can’t confess to seeing all of them play, but the players I’ve looked into, and some of players I’ve seen and there are plenty of names to be excited about.

That defending is scarily bad. That would had been stamped out in our league. He does look a bit cumbersome from his clips, but obviously has a lot of power and knows where the net is. I can take cumbersome if players are scared to go up against his strength. I haven't seen much hold up play from him, which is what I think our team really needs.

For all Cardwell's positives, I don't actually think he is that great with his back towards goal, hence why I think we go straight to the wings on the break and don't tend to mix it up down the middle. For me Tom Hopper would be ideal for this role. Cards doesn't position himself well enough or have the timing for the role, and it's not his game, which is fair enough. He excels in other areas.

I do however find it so difficult to judge at regional level, I really do think it is a big step up. You can play teams in the cup and they will look half decent because they're on a bit of an adrenaline rush, but in reality, other than one or two teams, the regional conference divisions are really poor when you go to watch them.

Shaq Coulthirst has just gone on loan down there and has 4 in 6, giving him one of the best ratios in the league. We wouldn't have him anywhere near the team.
Callum Powell had 11 in 19 games
Jason Williams had 5 in 7 games

Watching the clips of both players goals (which gives you a very limited view), Waldron to me actually looks a better player and a better fit for our team, he just seems a lot busier off the ball, but Levi has time on his side being 4 years younger and more chance of re-sale.

Does anyone care to opine who has seen either actually play? Who would you prefer in an ideal world. Or are we in for both?

"not a lot of people know this " but the safest medium sized town in the COUNTRY is Billericay. So is their defence ! They are away today ( to Wingate and Finchley ) having moved up to 3rd spot in The Isthmian Premier, just 1 point behind Chatham with a game in hand

Some way behind runaway leaders Hornchurch though

Anyhow the safest place must be their goal and keeper as they have only conceded an astonishing and measly 11 goals in 16 matches. Must have some decent defenders !!

"not a lot of people know this " but the safest medium sized town in the COUNTRY is Billericay. So is their defence ! They are away today ( to Wingate and Finchley ) having moved up to 3rd spot in The Isthmian Premier, just 1 point behind Chatham with a game in hand

Some way behind runaway leaders Hornchurch though

Anyhow the safest place must be their goal and keeper as they have only conceded an astonishing and measly 11 goals in 16 matches. Must have some decent defenders !!
Yeah they pinched bishop stortford captain and centre back Ryan henshaw a few weeks ago, big loss for stortford as it looks certain relegation for them this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back