• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a level that it stops at, but I was under the impression we still had to follow that rule.

I **think** that doesn’t apply to us. We obviously have Mauro Vilhete on dual registration, which wouldn’t be possible if we were an EFL club. UEFA(?) transfer windows don’t apply to us - and not just because we’re under perpetual embargo either.

Happy to be corrected if someone knows though.

I live round the corner from Tilson’s Heybridge Swifts side, and you see people bouncing around from club to club at that level.
Yeah the amount of churn at that sort of level is crazy.

Scotland is a seperate FA, so iirc doesn't impact as one count of the 2 clubs a season ruling.
I believe it is a FIFA (or at least UEFA) rule, so that wouldn’t help.

Assume we’ll lose out on this player, with it all dragging on.

Was / is he on Kev’s whiteboard?

If we wanted him, at the moment its just other non league sides we would compete from. Trouble is the take over has taken so long the transfer window opens in just 3 weeks time so I would imagine due to his form and age at least a league 2 club may take a punt on him and if that team is around here we have no chance. Also his form is increasing his transfer value which is something we may not be able to offer

Just watching Josh Stokes playing in FA Cup for Aldershot against Stockport. Having a great game, would be more than happy if we signed him.
He was brilliant! Would love a player with that pace and skill in our side. We are desperately missing that sort of player especially when away from home as an outlet. As already stated we have no chance now 😒

Can someone please remind me why the transfer embargo is still in place? I thought paying the tax bill and staff salaries would enable us to sign players, but seems not?

Does the sale actually have to go through beforehand?

TL said it was for all football related debt at the Trust meeting I believe.
correct - we have to pay ALL creditors before it can be lifted, think it’s 2.5 mill total.

However the good news is the consortium have it all ready to go on the day of the takeover

the bad news is no-one knows what day that’ll be 😭

Listening to KM after the match he said we have tried to bring in a striker but clubs are reluctant to let players go before the transfer window. He also said we only want players who really want to be here. He is right to stick to those principles. The club almost certainly have a list of players that they would like to bring in and you can understand the frustration of KM and everyone.

. LUKE JENKINS, 21 years old, Defender, Chelmsford City

Jenkins did not exactly set the world alight in the match against Amantchi and his Maidstone teammates. However, he has been a stalwart at centre-back for Chelmsford City in the National League South this season.

Started his career in the youth team at Crystal Palace, before joining AFC Wimbledon in 2019 and making his debut that season in the EFL Trophy. A goal on his league debut last season saw him make a number of league appearances, which made his release at the end of the season somewhat of a shock to some Dons fans.

Their loss, however, is Chelmsford’s gain, as Jenkins has become one of the first names on the team sheet every week. He has missed only one game due to suspension, playing every minute and chipping in with a couple of goals too.

View attachment 30126
Was sent off today.

If the takeover does proceed and the embargo is lifted he’ll presumably be suspended for our next match…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back