• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still has it? Bloke was a dreadful player! Played well for about 3 months when he joined. How he was captain I'll never know.
How he played on loan was certainly a stark contrast to how he played after. A member of probably the worst squad we’ve ever had. I remember on here people defended him and Dieng .. both hugely lacking in terms of effort if you ask me. That said, good luck to him. Maybe there was more to his poor performances.

How he played on loan was certainly a stark contrast to how he played after. A member of probably the worst squad we’ve ever had. I remember on here people defended him and Dieng .. both hugely lacking in terms of effort if you ask me. That said, good luck to him. Maybe there was more to his poor performances.
I agree with Mantom but Dieng? really? he was the player that looked like he tried more than most others in that abysmal season. Must have been awful to play in that team with so many youth players etc and all the things going on behind the scenes etc.

I agree with Mantom but Dieng? really? he was the player that looked like he tried more than most others in that abysmal season. Must have been awful to play in that team with so many youth players etc and all the things going on behind the scenes etc.
I think Dieng was a decent player but not the kind of player you need in a relegation battle.

Don’t get me started on Dieng. I’ve said on this forum numerous times about Dieng’s antics whilst here. I’ll post once, but won’t respond as this is the wrong thread.

Dieng was a waster. We’ve had players here for a last pay day, we’ve had players just come here for money, and we’ve had players that have been paid well (when it’s been on time) and given us nothing in return.

Dieng would often not turn up to meetings. He would often not train due to “injury” then he’d suddenly be fine to play at the weekend and not try a leg. He didn’t want to be here, he wanted away.

He looked a good player in the summer, but once it was wet, or cold, or he didn’t fancy it, we’d be better off playing with 10. The guy was an arsehole, and one of the most unlikeable players we’ve had, along with Nouble.

You cannot compare him (I know you aren’t) to what we have at the moment. We have hungry players, working together, playing their bollocks off, often carrying injuries and running themselves into the ground for themselves, each other, the management, the Club and for us. You can count the times Dieng left the pitch with mud or a grass stain on with one or two fingers. He would be horrendous around the place now, and simply wouldn’t buy into what the others have.

I hope the days of signing a Dieng are long gone. Maher wouldn’t have signed him with his Those words are banned he does on signings. He would have fallen at the first hurdle.

Don’t get me started on Dieng. I’ve said on this forum numerous times about Dieng’s antics whilst here. I’ll post once, but won’t respond as this is the wrong thread.

Dieng was a waster. We’ve had players here for a last pay day, we’ve had players just come here for money, and we’ve had players that have been paid well (when it’s been on time) and given us nothing in return.

Dieng would often not turn up to meetings. He would often not train due to “injury” then he’d suddenly be fine to play at the weekend and not try a leg. He didn’t want to be here, he wanted away.

He looked a good player in the summer, but once it was wet, or cold, or he didn’t fancy it, we’d be better off playing with 10. The guy was an arsehole, and one of the most unlikeable players we’ve had, along with Nouble.

You cannot compare him (I know you aren’t) to what we have at the moment. We have hungry players, working together, playing their bollocks off, often carrying injuries and running themselves into the ground for themselves, each other, the management, the Club and for us. You can count the times Dieng left the pitch with mud or a grass stain on with one or two fingers. He would be horrendous around the place now, and simply wouldn’t buy into what the others have.

I hope the days of signing a Dieng are long gone. Maher wouldn’t have signed him with his Those words are banned he does on signings. He would have fallen at the first hurdle.
Doesn’t reflect well on Chris Powell for signing him then really.

In contrast to Crowther, Waldron isn’t a local boy. He seems to have spent his career around the West Midlands - Rushall, Leamington, Alvechurch. I think this’ll be his first foray into full-time football. He’s also a fair bit older - he’ll be 28 in May. Being older and not having played full-time isn’t usually a great combination, particularly if he needs time to adjust to the rigours of full time football. However he’s been enjoying success in the level below so it hopefully won’t be too big a jump if he joins.

This will be a big move for him: giving up whatever career he has outside football and moving to a different part of the country.

Anyway here’s some highlights

In contrast to Crowther, Waldron isn’t a local boy. He seems to have spent his career around the West Midlands - Rushall, Leamington, Alvechurch. I think this’ll be his first foray into full-time football. He’s also a fair bit older - he’ll be 28 in May. Being older and not having played full-time isn’t usually a great combination, particularly if he needs time to adjust to the rigours of full time football. However he’s been enjoying success in the level below so it hopefully won’t be too big a jump if he joins.

This will be a big move for him: giving up whatever career he has outside football and moving to a different part of the country.

Anyway here’s some highlights

Has to be said the standard of play looks shall we say a little agricultural....

What about AFC Hornchurch, 11pts out in front, unbeaten and scored 50 goals so far. Same div as Billericay. Might be a couple to tap up as theyre so local ?
The vast majority of their squad are established semi-pros or seasoned ex-professionals.

I personally doubt any of their names are near the whiteboard, but those better informed on this forum could correct me if I'm wrong.

Waldron has a sweet left foot judging by the clips. Quite speedy, he took the goal against Cheltenham in the FA Cup with considerable aplomb. Cool finish that. But, as is noted above, a step up if he joins. Cards has made the grade from the same league.
Waldron would be a more impressive spot- good season this year in NLN but none in 14 also in NLN at Leamington in NLN before that. Highest level he's played? So if he comes of then JS is everything and more that has been said!

Cards was a Scotland u19 and u21, came up through Reading and Brighton to U23 level, and played L2 for Grimsby. So arguably a bit safer bet he could hack this level.

Last edited:
Waldron would been a more impressive spot- good season this year in NLN but none in 14 also in NLN at Leamington in NLN before that. Highest level he's played? So if he comes of the JS is everything and more that has been said!

Cards was a Scotland u19 and u21, came up through Reading and Brighton to U23 level, and played L2 for Grimsby. So arguably a bit safer bet he could hack this level.

Where are you getting your stats from?

Non-league stats below the National League tend to be very dubious.

ps The top scorer in the division below is hardly a hidden talent!

Rushall Olympic in action tonight at home. Wonder if one of our recruitment team will be in attendance? Perhaps other clubs put on alert too since our interest has become known. Pre-contract agreement might be in order if we are that keen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back