• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
That defending is scarily bad. That would had been stamped out in our league. He does look a bit cumbersome from his clips, but obviously has a lot of power and knows where the net is. I can take cumbersome if players are scared to go up against his strength. I haven't seen much hold up play from him, which is what I think our team really needs.

For all Cardwell's positives, I don't actually think he is that great with his back towards goal, hence why I think we go straight to the wings on the break and don't tend to mix it up down the middle. For me Tom Hopper would be ideal for this role. Cards doesn't position himself well enough or have the timing for the role, and it's not his game, which is fair enough. He excels in other areas.

I do however find it so difficult to judge at regional level, I really do think it is a big step up. You can play teams in the cup and they will look half decent because they're on a bit of an adrenaline rush, but in reality, other than one or two teams, the regional conference divisions are really poor when you go to watch them.

Shaq Coulthirst has just gone on loan down there and has 4 in 6, giving him one of the best ratios in the league. We wouldn't have him anywhere near the team.
Callum Powell had 11 in 19 games
Jason Williams had 5 in 7 games

Watching the clips of both players goals (which gives you a very limited view), Waldron to me actually looks a better player and a better fit for our team, he just seems a lot busier off the ball, but Levi has time on his side being 4 years younger and more chance of re-sale.

Does anyone care to opine who has seen either actually play? Who would you prefer in an ideal world. Or are we in for both?
I saw Levi against Chelmsford a couple of weeks ago. Honestly, he looked way too good for that league & i said to my mates that night he's a player that would easily be good enough for league 2, let alone ours. He was head & shoulders above everyone else, his 1st touch was fabulous and although he looks gangly & ungamely, his balance and quick feet are superb. Also, late in the game when Chelmsford were pressing he was very tenacious getting back defending & putting in the tackles... so not just a goal getter. A cross between Lukaka & Paolo Wanchope !!! Sign him up Blues!!!

I saw Levi against Chelmsford a couple of weeks ago. Honestly, he looked way too good for that league & i said to my mates that night he's a player that would easily be good enough for league 2, let alone ours. He was head & shoulders above everyone else, his 1st touch was fabulous and although he looks gangly & ungamely, his balance and quick feet are superb. Also, late in the game when Chelmsford were pressing he was very tenacious getting back defending & putting in the tackles... so not just a goal getter. A cross between Lukaka & Paolo Wanchope !!! Sign him up Blues!!!
Good to hear. There only so much you can see from the short clips on the internet, so it’s good to hear the in flesh reviews.

Yes big George Elokobi and Craig Fagan are doing a decent job at the Stones with limited resources.

Let's hope Southend are monitoring the progress of Harrison Day, the young Concord Rangers player, who bagged a hat-trick at the weekend.
They will know all about him. He was part of the youth academy not that long ago I believe. I remember watching him play against my lad for I think Beech or Basildon Utd on a Sunday morning in the junior leagues. Scored silly amounts of goals.

Recently wrote an article for the All at Sea Fanzine. Few people have asked if I can share it on here...

Perhaps best to ignore my optimistic hope in the introduction given the current limbo we're in!

A DOZEN POSSIBLE SIGNINGS FOR THE BLUES

@LondonShrimper

Hopefully the dreaded words ‘transfer embargo’ will not be uttered by Shrimpers fans much longer, having been unable to sign anyone for well over a year now, save for the National League’s sympathetic understanding in allowing us to register a handful of players since. It is no secret that our squad is in dire need of some reinforcements if we are to make a surge into the play-offs.

Here are twelve players that could sign for the club once the embargo is lifted:

1. SHILOH REMY, 22 years old, Winger, Eastbourne Borough

Has been linked with a move to the Blues since the summer.

An exciting winger who scored 15 goals and got 9 assists in the National League South last season. Capable of also playing as an attacking midfielder behind the front line, Remy spent five years with QPR before moving to the South-East coast in 2022.

Surprisingly did not depart ‘The Sports’ in the summer after making the National League South Team of the Season, which may be some indication that he is still waiting for the embargo to be lifted before joining us. Remy had a clean sweep at his team’s end of season awards picking up the players’ player, managers player and fans’ player of the season accolades.

Quick, tenacious and confident on the ball, Remy is a player that can make something happen out of nothing.

Remy.png

2. JUSTIN JOHNSON, 27 years old, Winger, Chorley

Another direct and attacking player that will get fans out of their seats. Very tricky and has scored some rockets from distance this season.

First tweeted about Blues’ interest in Johnson and De Girolamo back in October.

The Flying Dutchman’, an apt nickname given Johnson was born in Holland before moving over to England at a young age. Started his career in the famous Manchester United academy, but was ultimately released and his career has since taken him to Scotland and perhaps the sunnier Cyprus.

This season has been his breakthrough though, already grabbing 8 goals and 6 assists as Chorley sit in the play-offs of the National League North. Have heard that Johnson is very keen on a move to Essex, watch this space…

Picture 1.png

3. DIEGO DE GIROLAMO, 28 years old, Striker, Buxton

Despite the geographical difference, the National League North is a division that Southend scouts keep a close eye on, as shown by the signings of Harry Cardwell, Louis Lomas and Callum Powell.

A natural goal-scorer and a brilliant finisher, despite his Wikipedia page being somewhat misleading with his stats showing 101 goals in 79 games. That said, his 7 goals in 16 games so far this season have still been a good return.

As the name may suggest, De Girolamo has Italian heritage and played international football for Italy’s Under 18, 19 and 20 sides. He made his debut at 17 years of age for Sheffield United after being linked with moves to Manchester City, Manchester United, Juventus and AC Milan.

Despite initially being set for a bright future in the game, De Girolamo now works as a tiler and his move to Buxton in 2018 has seen him score over 100 goals for the club as he looks to get his career back on track following a serious ACL injury.

De G.png

4. ALFIE LEWIS, 24 years old, Centre-Midfielder, Free Agent (Previously at Dundalk)

Another that I recently tweeted about before he got released by Dundalk at the end of November following the end of their season in Ireland.

Lewis is a local boy who was born in Leigh-on-Sea and went to Belfairs School. He and his family used to have season tickets at Roots Hall when he was younger.

Started his career at West Ham United. Signed his first professional contract in 2017 with a three-year deal, but never made an appearance for the Hammers and departed in 2021.

Nicknamed ‘the Cockney Pirlo’ whilst at St Patrick’s Athletic. A good spell there led to a transfer to Plymouth Argyle in League One, but just 8 minutes of football in only 2 appearances meant a move back to the League of Ireland Premier Division with Dundalk where he was reunited with his former St Pat’s manager, Stephen O’Donnell.

Described as a technical player, small in stature, but a good passer with an engine. Rumoured to be coming in as a trialist so that Kev and Co. can take a further look at him before any prospective move.

Lewis 1.png

5. LEVI AMANTCHI, 22 years old, Striker, Maidstone United

I recently attended the National League South match between Chelmsford City and Maidstone United at the Melbourne Stadium. After the game I revealed that Blues are watching two players from that game, Luke Jenkins for our part-time Essex neighbours and Levi Amantchi for the side on the other side of the bridge.

The game was one that the 6’3” tall Amantchi would remember more as his goal meant Maidstone ran out 1-0 winners on the night.

I watched Amantchi lining up for Braintree Town last season, and then saw him come on as a substitute in Brackley Town’s National League North play-off final defeat to Kidderminster Harriers. Despite hitting double figures last year, he did not seem a player who was anything special.

This season, however, he has been a revelation for Maidstone as he looks to front their immediate return to the National League. He already has 20 goals for the season and at only 22 years of age, Kev and Co. will feel that a player with skilful, strong and quick attributes is one that can only get better.

Amantchi 1.png

6. LUKE JENKINS, 21 years old, Defender, Chelmsford City

Jenkins did not exactly set the world alight in the match against Amantchi and his Maidstone teammates. However, he has been a stalwart at centre-back for Chelmsford City in the National League South this season.

Started his career in the youth team at Crystal Palace, before joining AFC Wimbledon in 2019 and making his debut that season in the EFL Trophy. A goal on his league debut last season saw him make a number of league appearances, which made his release at the end of the season somewhat of a shock to some Dons fans.

Their loss, however, is Chelmsford’s gain, as Jenkins has become one of the first names on the team sheet every week. He has missed only one game due to suspension, playing every minute and chipping in with a couple of goals too.

Jenkins 1.png

7. ADAM CROWTHER, 22 years old, Defender, King’s Lynn Town

A former team-mate of Gus Scott-Morriss at Royston Town and an ex-England schoolboy international, Crowther reached the National League North play-offs with King’s Lynn Town last season, whilst scoring ten goals from defence and helping his side to the second-best defensive record in the league with 16 clean sheets.

Previously at Cheshunt, where he helped them gain promotion to the National League South with six goals and 22 clean sheets. He also spent time on trial with our Under 23 team in April 2019, when Kevin Maher was in charge of them.

Extremely tall and an aerial threat, Crowther topped the charts for the most recoveries in an opposing half than any National League North centre-back last season and continues to be a formidable presence in King’s Lynn Town’s backline. A good passer of the ball.

Another young player at only 22 years of age, Crowther is one that Blues still hope will come in and make an instant impact. Rumoured to have signed a pre-contract with Blues and is waiting to join.

Crowther 1.png

8. DANNY WALDRON, 27 years old, Striker, Rushall Olympic

Given Blues’ interest in Amantchi who tops the National League South goalscoring chart, it is no surprise to hear that we are close to signing the National League North’s top goalscorer who has 13 goals in 18 games.

Waldron scored 29 goals last season for Alvechurch and will forever be remembered for scoring the double in their 2-1 win away at League One side Cheltenham Town in the first round of the FA Cup.

A player who clearly knows where the back of the net is. Waldron would add real firepower in an area where Harry Cardwell and Daniel Kanu are our only fit recognised strikers at present, with the latter’s loan deal due to expire in January. His pace, strength and movement would make him the perfect strike partner to play off Cardwell.

Waldron 1.png

9. TRISTAN ABRAHAMS, 24 years old, Striker, Welling United

A rather strange turn of events for Abrahams who finds himself playing in the National League South for the first time in his career. He was playing well for Eastleigh last season and looked half decent against us in our 3-1 home defeat to the Spitfires in January, before his deadline day move to Gillingham in League Two a couple of days later.

He has scored 11 goals in 16 games for Welling so far this season, including a hat-trick recently against the league leaders, Yeovil. A very good return for a player looking to kickstart his career following a big move to Norwich City from Leyton Orient after making his debut at 17.

He has only signed a short-team deal at Welling and it is expected that National League sides will be in for him when that deal expires. Given our interest in the above-named strikers, I’d be surprised if we are one of those sides that tries to sign Abrahams in January.

Abrahams 1.png

10. MAXWELL STATHAM, 23 years old, Defender, Dartford

I posted a thread before the season started where I named ten players that I felt we should take a look at. Statham was one of those and still finds himself at Dartford.

Another young, determined and lower league player who fits the bill that Maher has shown with his signings at the club so far.

Statham is a local boy who was born in Southend and started his career in the youth team, like Maher, at Tottenham Hotspur.

Statham was in the National League South Team of the Season and won Young Player of the Year at Dartford last season. His versatility across the back-line would suit Blues; a right-back by trade, but comfortable playing at centre-back. Great name too, by the way.

Statham 1.png

11. JAMIE DONLEY, 18 years old, Striker, Tottenham Hotspur

A name that a few Blues fans have mentioned to me. The only name on this list that would not be coming in permanently if a deal was to happen.

Would be a great signing on loan. 6 goals and 11 assists to his name in just 11 games so far this season for the Tottenham Hotspur Under 21 side, and recently scored 2 goals for the England Under 19 national team against Mexico.

Hearing Spurs are keen to get him out on loan, although he has regularly trained with their first team in recent weeks owing to their injury crisis. Donley was an unused substitute in their recent Premier League loss to Aston Villa, before making his debut at the weekend as a stoppage time substitute in the following game against reigning champions, Manchester City.

His family live nearby in the Colchester area and Blues fans will be delighted to hear that he scored two and got an assist in a 5-0 win against Col Ewe in the EFL Trophy back in September, with Maher being one of those in attendance watching. Perhaps now out of reach, I would be surprised if teams higher up in the pyramid were not interested.

12. ELLIOT JUSTHAM, 33 years old, Goalkeeper, Dagenham & Redbridge

I have regularly spoke about our past interest in Justham, which goes as far back as October last year.

It is no surprise that Blues have been keen on signing Justham in the past. Director of Football, John Still, gave him his break in the professional game, signing him as a 22-year-old for Luton Town from Brentwood, following trials at West Ham and Reading, and then later for Dagenham & Redbridge, where he has since won the Player of the Season award a record four times, including last season.

In my opinion, he is the best goalkeeper in the National League. His distribution is great, he is reliable, very vocal & commanding in the box. He has missed just four games due to injury in the past six seasons – something that the Blues are keen to address themselves in an important area on the pitch.

Maher and Still met with Justham in the summer a number of times, as did his team-mate Sam Ling. Justham was keen on the move, but with an attractive new two-year contract and captaincy on the table put on the table by the Daggers he was understandably not prepared to wait much longer. That may put to bed any chance of a deal now being done, but it depends on how bad Southend want their man…

Recently wrote an article for the All at Sea Fanzine. Few people have asked if I can share it on here...

Perhaps best to ignore my optimistic hope in the introduction given the current limbo we're in!

A DOZEN POSSIBLE SIGNINGS FOR THE BLUES

@LondonShrimper

Hopefully the dreaded words ‘transfer embargo’ will not be uttered by Shrimpers fans much longer, having been unable to sign anyone for well over a year now, save for the National League’s sympathetic understanding in allowing us to register a handful of players since. It is no secret that our squad is in dire need of some reinforcements if we are to make a surge into the play-offs.

Here are twelve players that could sign for the club once the embargo is lifted:

1. SHILOH REMY, 22 years old, Winger, Eastbourne Borough

Has been linked with a move to the Blues since the summer.

An exciting winger who scored 15 goals and got 9 assists in the National League South last season. Capable of also playing as an attacking midfielder behind the front line, Remy spent five years with QPR before moving to the South-East coast in 2022.

Surprisingly did not depart ‘The Sports’ in the summer after making the National League South Team of the Season, which may be some indication that he is still waiting for the embargo to be lifted before joining us. Remy had a clean sweep at his team’s end of season awards picking up the players’ player, managers player and fans’ player of the season accolades.

Quick, tenacious and confident on the ball, Remy is a player that can make something happen out of nothing.

View attachment 30121

2. JUSTIN JOHNSON, 27 years old, Winger, Chorley

Another direct and attacking player that will get fans out of their seats. Very tricky and has scored some rockets from distance this season.

First tweeted about Blues’ interest in Johnson and De Girolamo back in October.

The Flying Dutchman’, an apt nickname given Johnson was born in Holland before moving over to England at a young age. Started his career in the famous Manchester United academy, but was ultimately released and his career has since taken him to Scotland and perhaps the sunnier Cyprus.

This season has been his breakthrough though, already grabbing 8 goals and 6 assists as Chorley sit in the play-offs of the National League North. Have heard that Johnson is very keen on a move to Essex, watch this space…

View attachment 30122

3. DIEGO DE GIROLAMO, 28 years old, Striker, Buxton

Despite the geographical difference, the National League North is a division that Southend scouts keep a close eye on, as shown by the signings of Harry Cardwell, Louis Lomas and Callum Powell.

A natural goal-scorer and a brilliant finisher, despite his Wikipedia page being somewhat misleading with his stats showing 101 goals in 79 games. That said, his 7 goals in 16 games so far this season have still been a good return.

As the name may suggest, De Girolamo has Italian heritage and played international football for Italy’s Under 18, 19 and 20 sides. He made his debut at 17 years of age for Sheffield United after being linked with moves to Manchester City, Manchester United, Juventus and AC Milan.

Despite initially being set for a bright future in the game, De Girolamo now works as a tiler and his move to Buxton in 2018 has seen him score over 100 goals for the club as he looks to get his career back on track following a serious ACL injury.

View attachment 30123

4. ALFIE LEWIS, 24 years old, Centre-Midfielder, Free Agent (Previously at Dundalk)

Another that I recently tweeted about before he got released by Dundalk at the end of November following the end of their season in Ireland.

Lewis is a local boy who was born in Leigh-on-Sea and went to Belfairs School. He and his family used to have season tickets at Roots Hall when he was younger.

Started his career at West Ham United. Signed his first professional contract in 2017 with a three-year deal, but never made an appearance for the Hammers and departed in 2021.

Nicknamed ‘the Cockney Pirlo’ whilst at St Patrick’s Athletic. A good spell there led to a transfer to Plymouth Argyle in League One, but just 8 minutes of football in only 2 appearances meant a move back to the League of Ireland Premier Division with Dundalk where he was reunited with his former St Pat’s manager, Stephen O’Donnell.

Described as a technical player, small in stature, but a good passer with an engine. Rumoured to be coming in as a trialist so that Kev and Co. can take a further look at him before any prospective move.

View attachment 30124

5. LEVI AMANTCHI, 22 years old, Striker, Maidstone United

I recently attended the National League South match between Chelmsford City and Maidstone United at the Melbourne Stadium. After the game I revealed that Blues are watching two players from that game, Luke Jenkins for our part-time Essex neighbours and Levi Amantchi for the side on the other side of the bridge.

The game was one that the 6’3” tall Amantchi would remember more as his goal meant Maidstone ran out 1-0 winners on the night.

I watched Amantchi lining up for Braintree Town last season, and then saw him come on as a substitute in Brackley Town’s National League North play-off final defeat to Kidderminster Harriers. Despite hitting double figures last year, he did not seem a player who was anything special.

This season, however, he has been a revelation for Maidstone as he looks to front their immediate return to the National League. He already has 20 goals for the season and at only 22 years of age, Kev and Co. will feel that a player with skilful, strong and quick attributes is one that can only get better.

View attachment 30125

6. LUKE JENKINS, 21 years old, Defender, Chelmsford City

Jenkins did not exactly set the world alight in the match against Amantchi and his Maidstone teammates. However, he has been a stalwart at centre-back for Chelmsford City in the National League South this season.

Started his career in the youth team at Crystal Palace, before joining AFC Wimbledon in 2019 and making his debut that season in the EFL Trophy. A goal on his league debut last season saw him make a number of league appearances, which made his release at the end of the season somewhat of a shock to some Dons fans.

Their loss, however, is Chelmsford’s gain, as Jenkins has become one of the first names on the team sheet every week. He has missed only one game due to suspension, playing every minute and chipping in with a couple of goals too.

View attachment 30126

7. ADAM CROWTHER, 22 years old, Defender, King’s Lynn Town

A former team-mate of Gus Scott-Morriss at Royston Town and an ex-England schoolboy international, Crowther reached the National League North play-offs with King’s Lynn Town last season, whilst scoring ten goals from defence and helping his side to the second-best defensive record in the league with 16 clean sheets.

Previously at Cheshunt, where he helped them gain promotion to the National League South with six goals and 22 clean sheets. He also spent time on trial with our Under 23 team in April 2019, when Kevin Maher was in charge of them.

Extremely tall and an aerial threat, Crowther topped the charts for the most recoveries in an opposing half than any National League North centre-back last season and continues to be a formidable presence in King’s Lynn Town’s backline. A good passer of the ball.

Another young player at only 22 years of age, Crowther is one that Blues still hope will come in and make an instant impact. Rumoured to have signed a pre-contract with Blues and is waiting to join.

View attachment 30127

8. DANNY WALDRON, 27 years old, Striker, Rushall Olympic

Given Blues’ interest in Amantchi who tops the National League South goalscoring chart, it is no surprise to hear that we are close to signing the National League North’s top goalscorer who has 13 goals in 18 games.

Waldron scored 29 goals last season for Alvechurch and will forever be remembered for scoring the double in their 2-1 win away at League One side Cheltenham Town in the first round of the FA Cup.

A player who clearly knows where the back of the net is. Waldron would add real firepower in an area where Harry Cardwell and Daniel Kanu are our only fit recognised strikers at present, with the latter’s loan deal due to expire in January. His pace, strength and movement would make him the perfect strike partner to play off Cardwell.

View attachment 30128

9. TRISTAN ABRAHAMS, 24 years old, Striker, Welling United

A rather strange turn of events for Abrahams who finds himself playing in the National League South for the first time in his career. He was playing well for Eastleigh last season and looked half decent against us in our 3-1 home defeat to the Spitfires in January, before his deadline day move to Gillingham in League Two a couple of days later.

He has scored 11 goals in 16 games for Welling so far this season, including a hat-trick recently against the league leaders, Yeovil. A very good return for a player looking to kickstart his career following a big move to Norwich City from Leyton Orient after making his debut at 17.

He has only signed a short-team deal at Welling and it is expected that National League sides will be in for him when that deal expires. Given our interest in the above-named strikers, I’d be surprised if we are one of those sides that tries to sign Abrahams in January.

View attachment 30129

10. MAXWELL STATHAM, 23 years old, Defender, Dartford

I posted a thread before the season started where I named ten players that I felt we should take a look at. Statham was one of those and still finds himself at Dartford.

Another young, determined and lower league player who fits the bill that Maher has shown with his signings at the club so far.

Statham is a local boy who was born in Southend and started his career in the youth team, like Maher, at Tottenham Hotspur.

Statham was in the National League South Team of the Season and won Young Player of the Year at Dartford last season. His versatility across the back-line would suit Blues; a right-back by trade, but comfortable playing at centre-back. Great name too, by the way.

View attachment 30130

11. JAMIE DONLEY, 18 years old, Striker, Tottenham Hotspur

A name that a few Blues fans have mentioned to me. The only name on this list that would not be coming in permanently if a deal was to happen.

Would be a great signing on loan. 6 goals and 11 assists to his name in just 11 games so far this season for the Tottenham Hotspur Under 21 side, and recently scored 2 goals for the England Under 19 national team against Mexico.

Hearing Spurs are keen to get him out on loan, although he has regularly trained with their first team in recent weeks owing to their injury crisis. Donley was an unused substitute in their recent Premier League loss to Aston Villa, before making his debut at the weekend as a stoppage time substitute in the following game against reigning champions, Manchester City.

His family live nearby in the Colchester area and Blues fans will be delighted to hear that he scored two and got an assist in a 5-0 win against Col Ewe in the EFL Trophy back in September, with Maher being one of those in attendance watching. Perhaps now out of reach, I would be surprised if teams higher up in the pyramid were not interested.

12. ELLIOT JUSTHAM, 33 years old, Goalkeeper, Dagenham & Redbridge

I have regularly spoke about our past interest in Justham, which goes as far back as October last year.

It is no surprise that Blues have been keen on signing Justham in the past. Director of Football, John Still, gave him his break in the professional game, signing him as a 22-year-old for Luton Town from Brentwood, following trials at West Ham and Reading, and then later for Dagenham & Redbridge, where he has since won the Player of the Season award a record four times, including last season.

In my opinion, he is the best goalkeeper in the National League. His distribution is great, he is reliable, very vocal & commanding in the box. He has missed just four games due to injury in the past six seasons – something that the Blues are keen to address themselves in an important area on the pitch.

Maher and Still met with Justham in the summer a number of times, as did his team-mate Sam Ling. Justham was keen on the move, but with an attractive new two-year contract and captaincy on the table put on the table by the Daggers he was understandably not prepared to wait much longer. That may put to bed any chance of a deal now being done, but it depends on how bad Southend want their man…
We can only dream for now, don’t think umbargo will get lifted anytime soon.

Abrahams would be a good one. A mobile forward with pace which our team overall lacks. Always thought he was decent in L2, surprised to see him slugging it in the NLS.

Any ITK think we’ll be in for Andrew Dallas again once embargo is lifted ? Not playing at all up in Scotland I believe

Any ITK think we’ll be in for Andrew Dallas again once embargo is lifted ? Not playing at all up in Scotland I believe

As far as I’m aware, he has played for two clubs this season, which is the maximum, so won’t be able to go elsewhere.

That was definitely a rule for us in the EFL as we missed out on signing a player because he came on in stoppage time for his parent club, then spent the first half of a season on loan.

As far as I’m aware, he has played for two clubs this season, which is the maximum, so won’t be able to go elsewhere.

That was definitely a rule for us in the EFL as we missed out on signing a player because he came on in stoppage time for his parent club, then spent the first half of a season on loan.
Scotland is a seperate FA, so iirc doesn't impact as one count of the 2 clubs a season ruling.

Didn’t Marcus Dackers play for Salford, Southend, Orient and Woking last season?

I'm sure non league clubs are excluded from the two club per season rule. You see many players jumping around teams each season

I'm sure non league clubs are excluded from the two club per season rule. You see many players jumping around teams each season

There is a level that it stops at, but I was under the impression we still had to follow that rule.

I live round the corner from Tilson’s Heybridge Swifts side, and you see people bouncing around from club to club at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back