• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see the types of players we are looking at are still young, hungry and with something to prove.

The recruitment side has been impeccable since Still and Collymore got involved. Can’t think of any that would be considered a failure.

I have seen Chelmsford a couple of times this season but haven't really noticed anything special from Francis or Jenkins. I will probably be at their match v Truro on Saturday so will take a closer interest in those two. They do have a decent young player on loan from Ipswich, Barbrook a midfielder, maybe we are looking at him. Whatever happens I would always trust John Still's judgement.

Ita all well and good posting players on hear .BUT we are still under an embargo With no sign yet when it will be removed And if these players are any good all it does is lets other clubs have a sniff .

Ita all well and good posting players on hear .BUT we are still under an embargo With no sign yet when it will be removed And if these players are any good all it does is lets other clubs have a sniff .
I mean I’m sure every club watches our forum … it is the best around after all

Many a chief scout of our rivals just watching Shrimperzone transfer rumours thread for a tip off on the next big thing 😂

I tend to agree Tommy , but could our recruitment team have had an informal chat with players representative etc thinking back on previous signings such as lomas which seemed to me our management and recruitment team give really positive vibes about joining the blues ! Well that's how I see it, and only Ron has stopped their great work of building a squad for a brighter future.

I just hope the club is past the days of signing ageing 30plus ex players
You need a blend. Think of what Goater did for that Tilson team. The main recruitment focus should be young inexpensive players that we can sell on - and the non leagues are littered with them - not sure why this is such a revelation. But you also need the odd old-hand chucked in there too. Just need to find one who's fit enough and who's professional enough to have a good influence on the youngsters. I still think Josh Coulson would have been a good signing if Brown hadn't signed half a dozen other 30 somethings at the same time.

Does anyone know if we’re looking at Taelor O’Kane at Fylde? Not sure if we would be enough of a step up for him to leave Fylde, or if he’d be too expensive?

As Smiffy said yes he was, Matt Jay was not even in the squad, another player I suspect who will be on his way out shortly, it just isn’t working out for him here.
Matt Jay was so impressive previously. Just goes to show that some players just don't fit either the style, culture, area or personality of a club. No doubt, like Mooney, he could flourish at another club.

Matt Jay was so impressive previously. Just goes to show that some players just don't fit either the style, culture, area or personality of a club. No doubt, like Mooney, he could flourish at another club.
He is a very decent player but he is not getting in the squad half the time here, he wasn’t playing last night but is not injured. I think it may be family matters that are keeping him out, his wife had a baby not long after he signed for us, he has bought a house and seemed happy to move a long way across the country to be here. I can see him leaving in the January window maybe nearer the West country, who knows but it is a sad situation we loved it when he signed for us. It didn’t help that Matt Bloomfield, the man who convinced him to move left for Wycombe a few weeks later but hey we shall see.

Enjoyed Chathams 2 -1 win last night and move up to second place.. Very impressed with 21 year old Jamie Yila again. Played left wing, with some really impressive runs at pace and cross for opening goal. , Game changer, Good game intelligence AND technical awareness, , , covering back well, significant pace, Defending like Cardwell at the back heading clear, fully committed, and highly competitive , vocal, complete box of tricks, some showboating? intelligent awareness, good interviews off the pitch, seems well liked by team, Crowd favourite,, would have Roots Hall on its feet, 8 goals to date and many assists

Wonder if we have taken a look?

He is a very decent player but he is not getting in the squad half the time here, he wasn’t playing last night but is not injured. I think it may be family matters that are keeping him out, his wife had a baby not long after he signed for us, he has bought a house and seemed happy to move a long way across the country to be here. I can see him leaving in the January window maybe nearer the West country, who knows but it is a sad situation we loved it when he signed for us. It didn’t help that Matt Bloomfield, the man who convinced him to move left for Wycombe a few weeks later but hey we shall see.
Even Bloomfield wasn't playing him towards the end of his tenure. Good though he was for Exeter, many of their fans are now saying that his next club will be non-league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back