• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Bloomfield wasn't playing him towards the end of his tenure. Good though he was for Exeter, many of their fans are now saying that his next club will be non-league.
I think that’s because he left them, there was unrest with one of their managers and several players including Jevani Brown (Before he was involved in that street incident) said they wouldn’t be signing new contracts. It will be interesting to see what happens in the end.

Enjoyed Chathams 2 -1 win last night and move up to second place.. Very impressed with 21 year old Jamie Yila again. Played left wing, with some really impressive runs at pace and cross for opening goal. , Game changer, Good game intelligence AND technical awareness, , , covering back well, significant pace, Defending like Cardwell at the back heading clear, fully committed, and highly competitive , vocal, complete box of tricks, some showboating? intelligent awareness, good interviews off the pitch, seems well liked by team, Crowd favourite,, would have Roots Hall on its feet, 8 goals to date and many assists

Wonder if we have taken a look?
Been on the bench for the last couple of games. Perhaps being rested pending a move. I note they signed Freddie Price who is a forward but plays on the left wing recently. Possibly as cover for a departing player

Enjoyed Chathams 2 -1 win last night and move up to second place.. Very impressed with 21 year old Jamie Yila again. Played left wing, with some really impressive runs at pace and cross for opening goal. , Game changer, Good game intelligence AND technical awareness, , , covering back well, significant pace, Defending like Cardwell at the back heading clear, fully committed, and highly competitive , vocal, complete box of tricks, some showboating? intelligent awareness, good interviews off the pitch, seems well liked by team, Crowd favourite,, would have Roots Hall on its feet, 8 goals to date and many assists

I almost went last night as I'm only a 10 min walk from the stadium, but couldn't get home from work in time. Heard the crowd from my back garden though!

I claim £5 u r his agent !🤨🤨🤨🤨

I almost went last night as I'm only a 10 min walk from the stadium, but couldn't get home from work in time. Heard the crowd from my back garden though!
As I Wont be joining our fantastic fans up in Gateshead on Saturday, I saw that the Chats are home to Enfield on Saturday,

Could be a cracker?> Can Chatham win 3 league promotions in a row and join Nat League South, one below us if we dont go up this year

#TeamPlHWHDHLAWADALWDLFADiffPts
1.Hornchurch15810510132047133441
2.Enfield Town1652142294336251131
3.Chatham Town155114229332619730
Maybe someone from our scouting set up will be along ?

As I Wont be joining our fantastic fans up in Gateshead on Saturday, I saw that the Chats are home to Enfield on Saturday,

Could be a cracker?> Can Chatham win 3 league promotions in a row and join Nat League South, one below us if we dont go up this year

#TeamPlHWHDHLAWADALWDLFADiffPts
1.Hornchurch15810510132047133441
2.Enfield Town1652142294336251131
3.Chatham Town155114229332619730
Maybe someone from our scouting set up will be along ?

Someone has definitely been over to Chatham…

As I’ve said on numerous occasions, I doubt there is a non-league ground we haven’t been to, and a non-league player John Still isn’t aware of.

The same could easily be said of the EFL too, but we are talking non-league here.

Someone has definitely been over to Chatham…

As I’ve said on numerous occasions, I doubt there is a non-league ground we haven’t been to, and a non-league player John Still isn’t aware of.

The same could easily be said of the EFL too, but we are talking non-league here.
as far as I'm aware, we send 3 different people to look at a player if we 're seriously intetested. .ie..... benno, jd, darren, john,. Kev then goes after that to watch again and will find out what their history drive and motivation is then makes a decision.
It's interesting that often when a player is spotted and the name brought back to John still, he's already very aware of them from historic intetest. Seems a very good solid process.

I possibly believe that the best bit of business we have done in recent years is the acquisition of Mr Still. I'd imagine he's knowledge of players and contacts is second to none and is possibly one of the best at locating potential gems to develop.

Now, with all things at some point we will need a replacement with John in he's 70s. Would now be the time to locate the next John Still. Does such a person exist?

as far as I'm aware, we send 3 different people to look at a player if we 're seriously intetested. .ie..... benno, jd, darren, john,. Kev then goes after that to watch again and will find out what their history drive and motivation is then makes a decision.
It's interesting that often when a player is spotted and the name brought back to John still, he's already very aware of them from historic intetest. Seems a very good solid process.
If only we’d done this a few years ago we would still be in the EFL. Hey ho, at least with Ron out of the way the consortium will be likely to maintain the model (hopefully) even when inevitably some of the football department leave in the coming years.

I possibly believe that the best bit of business we have done in recent years is the acquisition of Mr Still. I'd imagine he's knowledge of players and contacts is second to none and is possibly one of the best at locating potential gems to develop.

Now, with all things at some point we will need a replacement with John in he's 70s. Would now be the time to locate the next John Still. Does such a person exist?
The Peterborough Head Scout would be a good shout. They’ve been plucking the best non league talent for years.

The Peterborough Head Scout would be a good shout. They’ve been plucking the best non league talent for years.
That’s thanks to Barry Fry. He’s the only other person I can think of with a non league contact book and scouting network anywhere close to John Still. Their scouting networks may even overlap.

I would have thought John himself was the best person to determine who should follow in his footsteps? He must have met with hundreds if not thousands of scouts

If we were top notch at Succession planning we would already have some younger upstart, maybe in their sixties, rocking up with him ,everywhere he goes and being mentored in an effort to capture all his astonishing wisdom and knowledge

Ron and a few of his mates never believed in capturing talent from the lower leagues. He didnt think it ever worked ! Another one of Rons fabulous skills and approach to Managing a football club

Here’s a scout report I’ve written looking at goalkeeper Chris Haigh - someone who I’ve identified as a potential option for us:

Here’s a scout report I’ve written looking at goalkeeper Chris Haigh - someone who I’ve identified as a potential option for us:

Excellent stuff Ss impressed by the detail Have you done the PFSA

Scouting courses or an alternative programme.
I’ve only had time to master. . Level 1!

If only we’d done this a few years ago we would still be in the EFL. Hey ho, at least with Ron out of the way the consortium will be likely to maintain the model (hopefully) even when inevitably some of the football department leave in the coming years.
Great, isn't it? A proper, professional scouting network. No more relying on Phil Brown's 5 agent mates. We're very lucky to have John Still and his network of scouts and agents, and that those scouts and agents have loyalty to him because until SUFC is cleaned up and under new ownership, I'm not sure we could rely on many scouts and agents wanting to work with the club alone.

Fantastic stuff mate. Get in touch with John!

The stats are excellent and very informative, don’t like the opinion part though re Collin. Personally would keep facts and opinions of other players separate.

Excellent stuff Ss impressed by the detail Have you done the PFSA

Scouting courses or an alternative programme.
I’ve only had time to master. . Level 1!
Thank you! Yeah, I’ve completed their Level 1’s and their Level 2 Performance Analysis course. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back