• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as Jon Benton clearly has goals in his game, I would still pick any of our current choice of midfielders over him.

Can't really beat Noor for his ability to recycle the ball and play in tight spaces, while you can't beat Cav for his ability to play through the opposition press.

Oli Coker has some tidy finishing from edge of the box scenarios, while Wes links up well with Bridge.

I think our midfield should be chipping in with more goals than they have so far. They just need to shoot more, and gamble a bit more on crosses!

I know this has probably been discussed and answered somewhere else on here, but why are we still under an embargo? I thought it was only related to the HMRC debt and now with that being cleared, why hasn’t it been lifted already?
Football related debts count towards an embargo, not just HMRC.

I really liked Benton, I think he definitely has something about him and would of loved him to have stayed, same with Sandat and Crowhurst, sadly we couldn't sign them thanks To Ron.

However, having such a limited squad has meant the likes of Oli Coker and Woods have had a chance I don't think they may have got here and we would of lost on them - both have a future here for sure. That young lad Beau would never of had a sniff at his age, now he has and again might turn out to be a real asset.

We do seem to have/had a good youth system and this is something the new owners need to nurture

I suggested him to us once, but at the time I didn't know about his off field struggles, especially with mental health and deep depression. He's been out of the game, and this signing for Ebbsfleet is his comeback. The last two clubs he signed for he only made one appearance between them. Best of luck to him. He's only 27, so I hope it works out.
I was quite surprised, as Ibe is a very talented player. Sounds like a signing that Phil Brown would have been all over.

There was a very talented player, once of Liverpool as well; Steven Caulker, who similarly had very complex MH and addictions led him to attempting to take his own life. Very sad.

Would be interesting to know if he’s been on JS or SVC whiteboard? Wish the lad luck

Luke Massingham, captain of Rushden and Diamonds has left them to pursue football at a higher level.

21 year old CB. I wonder if it’s us and we’ll push Taylor into midfield to cover for Miley?

Luke Massingham, captain of Rushden and Diamonds has left them to pursue football at a higher level.

21 year old CB. I wonder if it’s us and we’ll push Taylor into midfield to cover for Miley?
Could be a good shout - he seems to fit the profile. Having said that, we’ve still got around a month of embargo to go haven’t we? So for any targets we are speaking to, who want to come, it might be a bit soon to be leaving their current clubs?

Could be a good shout - he seems to fit the profile. Having said that, we’ve still got around a month of embargo to go haven’t we? So for any targets we are speaking to, who want to come, it might be a bit soon to be leaving their current clubs?
Gives them time to hit the ground running when they r able to play !😇😇😇🤨

I seriously hope we aren't going to put Taylor in midfield. He is far far better at the back and don't see him pushing any of the midfield out in any case.

My Charlton supporting pal says if Kanu goes back we should look at Karoy Anderson, would be a great coup if we can land him on loan but is meant to be a hell of a prospect so chances are slim

My Charlton supporting pal says if Kanu goes back we should look at Karoy Anderson, would be a great coup if we can land him on loan but is meant to be a hell of a prospect so chances are slim
From Charltons POV, if they get an improved Kanu back, who has scored a few, gained new football experiences, fit & ready to go. Then why wouldnt you want to do that with some of your other youngsters?

Would be good to have a proper realtionship with a local L1 / Championship club for loans

That's a (semi) interesting thought/idea ............ even though there is an embargo we (S.U.F.C.) could still offer a contract to players ahead of a lifting of the restriction.

These players couldn't be registered or play but they could train with the rest of the team and be 100% ready from the first day that the embargo is lifted.

I am rather presuming here that the embargo won't be lifted immediately after the sale of the club has been completed (these things always seem to take some time). And that our "targets" are willing to take the risk.

From Charltons POV, if they get an improved Kanu back, who has scored a few, gained new football experiences, fit & ready to go. Then why wouldnt you want to do that with some of your other youngsters?

Would be good to have a proper realtionship with a local L1 / Championship club for loans
I'm not quite on the same page as many here ............ looking in at a "mirror world" for instance, if we (S.U.F.C.) were 10th in Division 3 and we had sent a player out on loan to a non-league club & that player had scored four, I would think "excellent, that's good for the player's development" & "that sums up the difference in playing standards between leagues".

I would not be thinking "oh quick, get Kanu back straight away" - especially with 3 wins & 2 draws in the last 5 games (i.e promotion form).

I take it from that you don’t fancy a good relationship with a league 2 club eg Colchester United ( lol 😂)

havent we done that with Kabongolo ,got him in early ,let him train with the players get used to our system ,so should he be called on hes already for it , and hasnt it worked ,all he needed was to get over his early nerves and he fitted right in .

I take it from that you don’t fancy a good relationship with a league 2 club eg Colchester United ( lol 😂)
We already have a good relationship with ewe, every now and then we do your team a favour and go there and shear the sheep, As JR will tell you Aussies are the sheep shearers not the sheep shaggers, we leave that department to the Kiwis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back