• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white board should have one thing on it and that should come from the new owners

The management staff and players please come and see me in the office for new contacts

That’s the first thing that needs to be done
I understand your meaning but I hope the new owners don't do that but adopt a backing role and instruct TL to get on with running the daily, weekly, monthly seasonal running of the club while seeking his recommendations for strategic objectives.

Stan Collymore just been spotted at Nottingham F v Aston Vile game but Cards,Kanu,Powell can rest easy as Ollie Watkins is having a poor game !

Stan Collymore just been spotted at Nottingham F v Aston Vile game but Cards,Kanu,Powell can rest easy as Ollie Watkins is having a poor game !
Two of his old clubs. Hopefully Stan can get a big thumbs up and a promise to think of us if they have an up and coming lad they want playing competitive games.

How much has 27 year old Liam Nash improved? 15 goals for Hornchurch
'
Still like the look of Jamie Yila, Chatham Town both sides vying for top spot in Isthmian Premier

Looking at the Southend team that faced Man Utd, we had two good players in their 30's in central defence.

I know (or I think I do) that the current "strategy/policy" is to go for younger players that have potential and can be developed but I still wouldn't mind seeing some older blood being brought into the team.

And come to that, some league players willing to drop down a league to get a new contract/play games and be part of a (hopefully) winning set-up.

Whilst there are examples of this not working, there are also examples of the opposite.

It's about the mix isn't it? Experience on the pitch is vital at times.

'
Still like the look of Jamie Yila, Chatham Town both sides vying for top spot in Isthmian Premier
Liam Nash has just signed a new contract at Hornchurch, and have to remember Hornchurch are a good 2 leagues below us.

Doubt he'll be coming to Southend unless we've seen something really special.

He does know Noor well though from their time together at Dartford.

'
Nash has a bit of an attitude problem which is why he slid back down the leagues from his time at Gills

Looking at the Southend team that faced Man Utd, we had two good players in their 30's in central defence.

I know (or I think I do) that the current "strategy/policy" is to go for younger players that have potential and can be developed but I still wouldn't mind seeing some older blood being brought into the team.

And come to that, some league players willing to drop down a league to get a new contract/play games and be part of a (hopefully) winning set-up.

Whilst there are examples of this not working, there are also examples of the opposite.

It's about the mix isn't it? Experience on the pitch is vital at times.
I'm in an agreement. Experience in key areas is of paramount importance to be successful. When we got promoted from league 2, Barrett complemented Bolger really well. You need that balance. Goater and Eastwood to name the obvious one too.

Those tough games like Borehamwood away, you need an experienced head to get you through. I really liked Howe when he was at Solihull (now York I think) and thought he would be perfect to fit into the center of our back 3. We definitely need a player like that in the team imo.

Jake Wannell from Yeovil Town. He really impressed me at Yeovil in the F.A. Cup.
He is already a full time pro, but may well cost us a small amount of money.
Only became a full time pro at the age of 28. So would be hungry

Jake Wannell from Yeovil Town. He really impressed me at Yeovil in the F.A. Cup.
He is already a full time pro, but may well cost us a small amount of money.
Only became a full time pro at the age of 28. So would be hungry
That guy Murphy looks quality too, 13 goals already...

Jokes aside, I really like a few Yeovil players. Jordan Young and Dawes look really good players, particularly Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back