• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst clearly the emabargo has harmed us as a club, it has also inadvertently created a bonding between the staff, players and supporters and created a 'siege like' mentality.

When you look at our squad, what do we really need to improve it?

Clearly the most serious need is to be able to cover injuries with loan signings as and when they occur.

From my own perspective I am going through the positions and noting who we have and whether we need additional or back up resources.

GK:
Hayes - would be happy to sign him on a permanent basis. Very inexperienced but has an authority about him.
Andeng-Ndi - perhaps a back up to Hayes or equally happy as first choice
Martin - ideal as a back up and GK coach

So I believe that the permanent signing of Hayes is required.

RB/RWB:

Scott-Morris - nailed on starter
Demetriou - excellent back up though age is an issue - currently injured

So I believe that signing an injury cover loan for this position is required.

LB/LWB
Bridge - nailed on starter
Ralph - when not injured then a very capable player

No signing required for this position - need to be able to register Ralph

CB
Kensdale - nailed on starter
Taylor - nailed on starter
Kabongolo - doing great and an excellent addition
Lomas - looked good before injury - currently unavailable

So I believe that signing an injury cover loan for this position time is required.

MD
Husin - nailed on starter
Miley- nailed on starter
Fonguck - in great form at the moment, fitness seems an issue but hugely improved recently
Coker - seamless transition from youth to first team
Vilhete - does a good job when coming on as a substitute

So I believe that signing Vilhete on a permament basis is required.

AT
Cardwell - nailed on starter
Kanu - nailed on starter
Wood - has done well when called upon but probably not a first choice starter at the moment - great prospect though
Powell - currently injured but imho not good enough to be a first choice starter
Mooney - seemingly out of the picture

So this is the area of concern. We need a back up for Cardwell. Hope to sign Kanu for longer or obtain a similar replacement. Replace Mooney with a fitter and quicker forward - not sure we need an out and out winger as GSM pushes so far forward.

In summary, I don't think we need or indeed should sign lots of new players when the embargo is lifted.

I think we immediatly need :

1 GK or sign Hayes on season long loan or permanent basis
1 Right sided defender
Register Ralph
1 Central defender (could be the same player as the right sided defender)
Sign Vilhete on permanent basis
1 Centre forward
Extend Kanu loan or replace with similar when loan expires
Replace Mooney with right sided forward

That's only 3 additional players not currently at the club.

This squad are so together both on and off the pitch, that the management need to ensure that the harmony is maintained - I am sure they are fully aware of that and will act accordingly.

Our dealings in the loan marketplace will be critical and I have every faith that they will be really well managed.

Exciting times beckon - feels like a new beginning and under the consortium it does actually have a 'Phoenix' club feel about it.

Last edited:
Aldershot have rejected bids for two of their players, presumably Josh Stokes and Lorent Tolaj, from fellow national league teams. I do hope we are getting our ducks in order and seeing we will have a budget in place for the time when the umbongo is lifted, making an offer for Stokes would be fine by me. Remember him wearing a Shrimpers scarf at the end of our away match applauding us?

Aldershot have rejected bids for two of their players, presumably Josh Stokes and Lorent Tolaj, from fellow national league teams. I do hope we are getting our ducks in order and seeing we will have a budget in place for the time when the umbongo is lifted, making an offer for Stokes would be fine by me. Remember him wearing a Shrimpers scarf at the end of our away match applauding us?
Where has this been reported?

I was gutted to see Josh sign for Aldershot on the summer. A mate of mine played with him at Sudbury last season and I watched a couple of their games and he was the standout player each time. His start to life at this level for aldershot has been very good as well it’s fair to say.

Whilst clearly the emabargo has harmed us as a club, it has also inadvertently created a bonding between the staff, players and supporters and created a 'siege like' mentality.

When you look at our squad, what do we really need to improve it?

Clearly the most serious need is to be able to cover injuries with loan signings as and when they occur.

From my own perspective I am going through the positions and noting who we have and whether we need additional or back up resources.

GK:
Hayes - would be happy to sign him on a permanent basis. Very inexperienced but has an authority about him.
Andeng-Ndi - perhaps a back up to Hayes or equally happy as first choice
Martin - ideal as a back up and GK coach

So I believe that the permanent signing of Hayes is required.

RB/RWB:

Scott-Morris - nailed on starter
Demetriou - excellent back up though age is an issue - currently injured

So I believe that signing an injury cover loan for this position is required.

LB/LWB
Bridge - nailed on starter
Ralph - when not injured then a very capable player

No signing required for this position - need to be able to register Ralph

CB
Kensdale - nailed on starter
Taylor - nailed on starter
Kabongolo - doing great and an excellent addition
Lomas - looked good before injury - currently unavailable

So I believe that signing an injury cover loan for this position time is required.

MD
Husin - nailed on starter
Miley- nailed on starter
Fonguck - in great form at the moment, fitness seems an issue but hugely improved recently
Coker - seamless transition from youth to first team
Vilhete - does a good job when coming on as a substitute

So I believe that signing Vilhete on a permament basis is required.

AT
Cardwell - nailed on starter
Kanu - nailed on starter
Wood - has done well when called upon but probably not a first choice starter at the moment - great prospect though
Powell - currently injured but imho not good enough to be a first choice starter
Mooney - seemingly out of the picture

So this is the area of concern. We need a back up for Cardwell. Hope to sign Kanu for longer or obtain a similar replacement. Replace Mooney with a fitter and quicker forward - not sure we need an out and out winger as GSM pushes so far forward.

In summary, I don't think we need or indeed should sign lots of new players when the embargo is lifted.

I think we immediatly need :

1 GK or sign Hayes on season long loan or permanent basis
1 Right sided defender
Register Ralph
1 Central defender (could be the same player as the right sided defender)
Sign Vilhete on permanent basis
1 Centre forward
Extend Kanu loan or replace with similar when loan expires
Replace Mooney with right sided forward

That's only 3 additional players not currently at the club.

This squad are so together both on and off the pitch, that the management need to ensure that the harmony is maintained - I am sure they are fully aware of that and will act accordingly.

Our dealings in the loan marketplace will be critical and I have every faith that they will be really well managed.

Exciting times beckon - feels like a new beginning and under the consortium it does actually have a 'Phoenix' club feel about it.

Maxwell Statham from Dartford would be the ideal choice for me. Started at Tottenham as a youngster and has since played a fair bit of football at National South level for Welling and now Dartford. At 23, over 6ft and comfortable with the hall at his feet, he’d certainly fit the bill as to what we are after in the market. The bonus being he was born in Southend as well so that could be a benefit for us as well.

I don’t believe we have submitted any official bids as yet, but we have our ducks in a row that is for certain.

Where has this been reported?

East Bank Shot

Joined:Jul 2, 2022Messages:270Likes Received:81Location:AldershotSupports:Aldershot
We’ve apparently turned down bids for two players from teams in this division. Guessing it’s probably Stokes and Tolaj. Hope we can keep both through January, no doubts both will be FL players next season, most likely with us.

Maxwell Statham from Dartford would be the ideal choice for me. Started at Tottenham as a youngster and has since played a fair bit of football at National South level for Welling and now Dartford. At 23, over 6ft and comfortable with the hall at his feet, he’d certainly fit the bill as to what we are after in the market. The bonus being he was born in Southend as well so that could be a benefit for us as well.
We did a 'players we'd like to sign' podcast at the start of the season and he was one that we highlighted

Just like North Korea - people there would run through walls for their leader.

The white board should have one thing on it and that should come from the new owners

The management staff and players please come and see me in the office for new contacts

That’s the first thing that needs to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back