• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this is a bit of a sweeping statement.

It's difficult to speak about formations as we're quite fluid when transitioning further up the pitch.

3-4-3 absolutely can work though, and often has done this season when Fonguck has almost become a 3rd forward by pushing right up into the attacking left half space. Similarly last season, there were times when GSM would tuck in and act like a 3rd attacker.
Agreed..if you follow shrimperstats he articulates brilliantly the changes in formation in transition. However as I shared initially it's more about the personnel that sit in the team.

We brought players like powel and Mooney to fill 343 in an attacking sense as wide forwards. We play both players, that leaves Miley and one other in midfield. That's simply doesn't cut it regardless of formation. That's where I think we've been trying to find roles for Powell and Mooney

Our recent success has come from the box in midfield, Gus improving his attack play, bridge playing well as always but not being a wing back and Ralph and Taylor as ball playing full backs playing wide centre back plus 2 mids protecting the defence.

Again shrimper stats data and analysis proves this. If.you haven't seen his reporting it's a must read. Data tells the story.

I just imagine this whiteboard being full of names with lines through them. It’s going to be a real test for the football department/JS etc.
I know the list is extensive and there were various contingency plans etc but I’ll be very impressed if we still get the required quality through the door after all the drama.

It’s a whiteboard, you just rub the names out 😉

How many goals has Benton scored in the last couple of seasons when on loan or now sold from shots outside the box…same again today v Barnet..seems just what we needed at times..would love to get him back if funds allow

How many goals has Benton scored in the last couple of seasons when on loan or now sold from shots outside the box…same again today v Barnet..seems just what we needed at times..would love to get him back if funds allow
Just said on twitter, need to get him back

I know this has probably been discussed and answered somewhere else on here, but why are we still under an embargo? I thought it was only related to the HMRC debt and now with that being cleared, why hasn’t it been lifted already?

I know this has probably been discussed and answered somewhere else on here, but why are we still under an embargo? I thought it was only related to the HMRC debt and now with that being cleared, why hasn’t it been lifted already?
My feeling on the embargo .Because of the countless times Ron has not payed HMRC and the countless times we have been draged through the courts .It is because of him we are stuck in the mire .I am sure onces his name is removed from the club and the new owners are in place the embargo will be removed .

Ebbsfleet have signed former £15m signing Jordan Ibe 😳
I suggested him to us once, but at the time I didn't know about his off field struggles, especially with mental health and deep depression. He's been out of the game, and this signing for Ebbsfleet is his comeback. The last two clubs he signed for he only made one appearance between them. Best of luck to him. He's only 27, so I hope it works out.

My feeling on the embargo .Because of the countless times Ron has not payed HMRC and the countless times we have been draged through the courts .It is because of him we are stuck in the mire .I am sure onces his name is removed from the club and the new owners are in place the embargo will be removed .
I doubt there's a formal ****er penalty, no matter how much of a ****er that ****er is. probably that ****er hasn't paid all the bills again coz he's a ****ing ****er

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back