• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
2/3 not bad going considering we been poxy in embargo for years .. As long as we steady and vary what targets we bring in postions wise I trust all the staff and John still army

We can't just with players willy nilly. They need to be the right ones. The Club are trying to repair the damage of a decade of chronic underfunding.

I know this is frustrating but I think we all need a little patience.

Again, I get that. We want to sign the right players etc.

Surely given our current circumstances we could sign a target man of a certain age for a month on loan to help out.

There are likely hundreds of strikers who havent played for their clubs due to others infront of them playing well.

Any striker with a few goals in league football would be handy right now.

Another signing such as Kanu would be good. L1 attacker - goal or two in the league - excellent at this level, only getting starts in trophy games, etc. Would help the player and us.

attendance no more than 6000 today would have been an extra 1000 or so had we signed a striker or two, thats my estimation.
Don’t forget you need to add around 700 to the number on the ticket tracker to allow for all those in the East Blues, corporate / hospitality and any other freebies (prizes, local school kids or youth footy players sometimes) etc.

So we are over 6k already I think - probably about 6 and a half in the end today which isn’t bad for mid-January and technically above our season average gate too.

Don't forget the restriction that players can only appear for two clubs in a season these days. It's not practical for someone who is out of favour at their own club to go elsewhere for just a couple of games because they'll have used up their allocation for the season.

Don't forget the restriction that players can only appear for two clubs in a season these days. It's not practical for someone who is out of favour at their own club to go elsewhere for just a couple of games because they'll have used up their allocation for the season.

I'm not sure that applies if someone in the league drops into non league on loan.

Not sure how many times I have to say this, but I’ll say it one more time. We had three lined up (JS said it, not the consortium by the way). One has signed, Morton, one has signed for Daggers, Remy, and one is set to sign.

Not everyone is making signings by the way.

Please don’t forget, we haven’t been able to sign players for 15 months! We weren’t going to have the embargo taken off and sign 30 players straight away.
Remy had already signed for Daggers when we heard 3 lined up I believe? Doesn't quite add up that if he was meant to be the 3rd.

Looking at our next 6 matches Halifax, Eastleigh, 2 x Wealdstone, Altrincham and Chesterfield ,without one or two strikers we will be in big trouble ,not an easy run ,I dont know how long Cardwell is going to be out,but as i see it its the most important acquisitions we need to make at present 2 strikers whether they be loanees or permanents. We need to start to put away some of the chances we are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back