• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
lose against Halifax and we will be in a relegation battle
You don’t enter a relegation battle by losing one game - you do so by consistently playing poorly. We are not - we are playing well and truth be told we are a few goals away from making a play off push.

Either way, we trust that KM & Co. will do their best to create a squad capable of making that play off push or at worst, making a proper challenge next year.

I know it's not easy to get deals done quickly but with all the connections the management and scouting team have I am surprised we haven't manages to get another loan striker in, even if it was short term to allow them to tie up other deals.

Maybe they have looked on here and seen how many people have given up on getting to the playoffs this year and decided to save the wages until next season.:Moon:

Our form has been pretty terrible with 2 wins and 1 draw in the last 7. That’s 7 points from 7 games. Pretty close to relegation form. Since we lost Cards, it 3 points from 4 games, all of which we were the better side, and created more opportunities (ironically except the game against Kiddie which we won) and would of picked up more points with a proper striker in the side.

We haven’t kept a clean sheet in 9 games either.

I think we all know we are too good to be in a relegation battle, but we could quite easily sleepwalk into it unless we get forwards into the club pretty darn quickly.

I think most people, deep down know this, and that we are 1 or 2 players from being one of the best two sides in the division along with Chesterfield. That’s soooooo frustrating.

The issue with signing a striker is now is the most difficult time to get a short term loan. Anyone joining for a month now is ruling themselves out of any EFL club move.

The embargo lifting came at the worst time for attracting players. Strikers we want to sign permanently may hold out for EFL moves this month.

Our form has been pretty terrible with 2 wins and 1 draw in the last 7. That’s 7 points from 7 games. Pretty close to relegation form. Since we lost Cards, it 3 points from 4 games, all of which we were the better side, and created more opportunities (ironically except the game against Kiddie which we won) and would of picked up more points with a proper striker in the side.

We haven’t kept a clean sheet in 9 games either.

I think we all know we are too good to be in a relegation battle, but we could quite easily sleepwalk into it unless we get forwards into the club pretty darn quickly.

I think most people, deep down know this, and that we are 1 or 2 players from being one of the best two sides in the division along with Chesterfield. That’s soooooo frustrating.
Sorry no such thing as too good to be in a relegation battle.

I firmly believe we are too good to go down but a 10 point deduction and a recent form trend, irrespective of whether we ‘deserved’ to lose tells me a different current story, not necessarily related to Cards being injured and our inability currently to get hold of suitable replacements.

That being said we’ll probably win 4-0 today 😭

Staggers me that even Ron in all his wisdom never invested in 2 houses near either training ground or Roots Hall for new players to "rent a room/the whole property" depending on the players situation.

Charge each player a rent and he would no doubt profit from it.

Player moves to the area hassle free, club has an appreciating asset in the house, a settled player (1 less thing to research, appreciate schools etc need finding if they have kids ) and has no ties if after a 2 year contract they move on.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Near those two places would put most players off rather than attract.

Any up and coming striker we sign will probably be looking to rent a nice two bedroom apartment in the heart of Thorpe Bay.....With panoramic views from the 2nd floor balcony.

Sorry no such thing as too good to be in a relegation battle.

I firmly believe we are too good to go down but a 10 point deduction and a recent form trend, irrespective of whether we ‘deserved’ to lose tells me a different current story, not necessarily related to Cards being injured and our inability currently to get hold of suitable replacements.

That being said we’ll probably win 4-0 today 😭
take note people, , I bet leicester thought that last season too. you dont score goals you dont win especially when you also cannot keep a clean sheet. you cannot then even get a draw.

With the injury to Cardwell and the lack of real progression from Jack Wood we all knew we would struggle to score goals, and the 'we all knew' definitely included Kevin Maher and co.

The fact that we haven't yet bought in replacements should tell us just how difficult it is in January to manage this. It's obviously not through want of trying on the Club's part, but until faces appear we need to get behind the team.

The fact that some on here are banging on about a lack of replacements suggests some haven't a clue what's involved. Keep the faith all, stuff will happen, just not at the rate we would ideally like. As for relegation...........not a chance, we are far too good to even contemplate that.

You are right. Most fans have no clue what it takes to get players in.

Your argument would hold a lot of weight if:

The consortium didn't already say players were lined up and ready.

Other clubs weren't having the same issues trying to sign players.

So we can assume that players are turning us down, clubs are trying to extort more money post takeover or we have unrealistic targets.

Jack wood hatrick incoming ...you heard it here first ( not sure what I'm smoking) 🤣

This maybe isn’t quite as far fetched as you think. When we get it right we’ll give someone a tonking and Wood was a very streaky player during his loan at Tonbridge and scored his goals in clusters. An early goal would do wonders for his confidence and one could well bring two and then you’re one goal away and confidence is brimming. We’ve already had one player score 4 goals in a game this season against one of the better sides as they will continue to chase the game and that leaves space.

Anyway, I don’t think Wood gets the start. I also think we unveil a new striker just before kickoff. No inside info but we know we’re looking and we know Maher told everyone to be quiet.

So we can assume that players are turning us down, clubs are trying to extort more money post takeover or we have unrealistic targets.
The Consortium can say what they like Tommy. Situations change and that which we expected to happen doesn't. So I reckon my post is on the money

This maybe isn’t quite as far fetched as you think. When we get it right we’ll give someone a tonking and Wood was a very streaky player during his loan at Tonbridge and scored his goals in clusters. An early goal would do wonders for his confidence and one could well bring two and then you’re one goal away and confidence is brimming. We’ve already had one player score 4 goals in a game this season against one of the better sides as they will continue to chase the game and that leaves space.

Anyway, I don’t think Wood gets the start. I also think we unveil a new striker just before kickoff. No inside info but we know we’re looking and we know Maher told everyone to be quiet.
I hope you are right about the striker! Even just crowther would lift the mood! I agree I think Jack wood has shown glimpses of his qualities. Just wish it was more often

Not sure how many times I have to say this, but I’ll say it one more time. We had three lined up (JS said it, not the consortium by the way). One has signed, Morton, one has signed for Daggers, Remy, and one is set to sign.

Not everyone is making signings by the way.

Please don’t forget, we haven’t been able to sign players for 15 months! We weren’t going to have the embargo taken off and sign 30 players straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back