• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit to finding this all very frustrating (and a little worrying). We have glaring holes in the team that need fixing, even temporarily. I find it almost impossible to believe there aren't some youngsters that could come in on loan (similar to Sandat) whilst we work on bringing in perm signings in due course.

Maher complaining this week about people tweeting rumours was frankly bizarre and I wonder if that’s genuinely the source of his frustration or if we’re struggling for other reasons.

I know we've been looking up the table in recent weeks but I can see us losing again tomorrow with no forward line, and then we really do need to start looking at the relegation zone.

Happy to be proved wrong with one new signing announced tomorrow - but it all feels very odd.

Last edited:
I think one problem was that we were told, along the lines of, when the embargo was lifted we had 5? players waiting to sign.

Our expectations were raised and fans are still waiting for the remaining players to arrive.

Frustrated.com

It was 3.

One of them has signed, one signed for Daggers and @londonshrimper. has reported that the other one has signed. Hopefully that is announced tomorrow, but obviously he is not a forward.

How are talks going with any potentials strikers/ Gk targets either on loan or permanently as I guess Kev would rather get a striker in before a keeper if he had a choice .

Either way I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s game hopefully to nick a points at a push would be a nice treat but it be a very tough test with our limited resources up top once again .

Last edited:
With the injury to Cardwell and the lack of real progression from Jack Wood we all knew we would struggle to score goals, and the 'we all knew' definitely included Kevin Maher and co.

The fact that we haven't yet bought in replacements should tell us just how difficult it is in January to manage this. It's obviously not through want of trying on the Club's part, but until faces appear we need to get behind the team.

The fact that some on here are banging on about a lack of replacements suggests some haven't a clue what's involved. Keep the faith all, stuff will happen, just not at the rate we would ideally like. As for relegation...........not a chance, we are far too good to even contemplate that.

If I was to say I was knit pit about anything, it's that the club hasn't yet sorted Kabongolo's contract. Every game his played until the the embargo was lifted I've thought, we're just putting him in the shop window here and with his non-contract he go anywhere. Similar scenario to the EEEP program in that it only takes one game for a club for a club higher up the ladder to take notice and decide they want that player...

attendance no more than 6000 today would have been an extra 1000 or so had we signed a striker or two, thats my estimation.
You honestly believe there are over a 1,000 Southend fans awaiting on the signing of a forward to decide whether they attend or not today?

300 less if no defender, 150 if no midfielder, 100 if no decent ale in the Shrimpers. What about those waiting for the Bluebelles to return? I never knew how complicated all this was.

You honestly believe there are over a 1,000 Southend fans awaiting on the signing of a forward to decide whether they attend or not today?

300 less if no defender, 150 if no midfielder, 100 if no decent ale in the Shrimpers. What about those waiting for the Bluebelles to return? I never knew how complicated all this was.
I'm waiting on a WOW signing, until then I'm not going anywhere near the club again 🙂

This is what I'm worried about, couldn't care whether the playoffs are out of reach or not, but we've lost 3 games on a row and we must turn that around.

Maybe we were unfortunately in those games, but we still ended we zero points out of 9.

That's why a lack of a forward concerns me.
Except we haven't lost 3 games in a row. We lost 2. Unless you've got crystal balls (explains your odd gait).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back