• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I get it's not football manager and yes people have part time jobs. It's why you try and sign local talent so they don't have to uproot.

Or get a loanee in that actually has experience of playing recent league football while you gets the ducks in order.

Tomorrow we are playing a team with the best defence and will start with an 18 year old with one league goal to his name who isn't ready for this level of football yet and a winger who's at the end of his career.

Yep, and am sure the Football Department are working hard to rectify this. In Team Maher we trust.

Max Fiddes has moved to Queen's Park

Off to uni up there or something? Weird move otherwise.
Looks like a relocation of some kind as he's apparently been trialling elsewhere in Scotland since the summer.

Then why is that other clubs at this level seem to sign a plethora of players seemingly at ease?
We're in a pretty unique situation, with a tiny squad of players who've gone above and beyond for each other this season. We need players who can fit into that group. Other NFL clubs don't have that problem, some are just adding squad players. Signing a bad apple, even on loan, isn't worth the risk if it disrupts the squad that we do have.

I've said it before and I say it again mid table this season. Build the squad for next season And give it a real good go for top spot.

I agree. A solid mid table finish would be a good season considering the embargo and points deduction and you’d like to think a summer without any restrictions or even fears about whether or not the club would even be able to compete we’d have a much better chance of promotion next season.

That said, tomorrow we welcome the meanest defence to the Hall and right now, we go in to that game with a young lad who may or may not prove to be a good footballer in the years to come but who isn’t going to suddenly improve over the next two weeks relying on him to get us goals. Make no mistake about it, I’m not fearful of a relegation battle let alone considering the thought we could actually go down but as the last few results have shown, we simply do not score enough goals to win games without Cardwell in the side, even when the performances have been pretty decent. We need points on the board and without a senior striker to call upon, I’m struggling to see how we get them. We had to bring in a striker this week but without any last minute announcement tomorrow, it would appear that we haven’t been able to do that and that’s very disappointing.

I agree. A solid mid table finish would be a good season considering the embargo and points deduction and you’d like to think a summer without any restrictions or even fears about whether or not the club would even be able to compete we’d have a much better chance of promotion next season.

That said, tomorrow we welcome the meanest defence to the Hall and right now, we go in to that game with a young lad who may or may not prove to be a good footballer in the years to come but who isn’t going to suddenly improve over the next two weeks relying on him to get us goals. Make no mistake about it, I’m not fearful of a relegation battle let alone considering the thought we could actually go down but as the last few results have shown, we simply do not score enough goals to win games without Cardwell in the side, even when the performances have been pretty decent. We need points on the board and without a senior striker to call upon, I’m struggling to see how we get them. We had to bring in a striker this week but without any last minute announcement tomorrow, it would appear that we haven’t been able to do that and that’s very disappointing.
Hopefully Brooklyn will start up front alongside Sandat. I know Kev is concerned whether Brooklyn as new to the position would last the 90 mins, but I would rather him do 65 than come on for the last 15- and there might be a surprise and we get 75 or more. If he starts surely you get the max out of him?

Nick Hayes (now on loan at Solihull Moors) was announced on the Saturday as we were travelling to Woking for our away game. It is not impossible that there may be an announcement tomorrow.

Billy Best was the same - first knowledge of his signing was when the stadium announcer read out the teams! There was another at the same time as King Billy, but can’t remember.

Gary Moore from Grimsby if memory serves, but happy to be corrected. We signed and Best and Moore on about the same day. 164 appearances and 46 goals for SUFC.
Billy Best signed for Southend United on either Wed/Thurs 24/5th.Jan.1968 after manager Ernie Shepherd had been to the County Ground to see Billy play in a reserve match against Tottenham Hotspur (1-3) on the previous Tuesday night. Billy Best made his debut for Blues at Chester (0-0) on Saturday 27th. January 1968. Billy's home debut was not until the 10th. February against York City (0-1) a match featured on Southern TV. Also making his home debut that day was the winger Howard Moore who had just been signed from Gillingham.

I've said it before and I say it again mid table this season. Build the squad for next season And give it a real good go for top spot.
indeed. we are not making the playoffs this season.. the top 8 teams beat the bottom dozen far to easily in this league for us to even get close now.. the bottom of the table should be more of a concern... we want to be building a squad for next season.

Nick Hayes (now on loan at Solihull Moors) was announced on the Saturday as we were travelling to Woking for our away game. It is not impossible that there may be an announcement tomorrow.
likewise Sandat was announced at 1.45pm

Reactions: RHB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back