• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's two seasons when we had a chance of getting out of non league wrecked by failing to sign players to see us to the line come May. Both times the three amigos did an unbelievable job to get us in sight of the playoffs at Christmas.
Third time lucky ?

Reactions: jnl
Billy Best was the same - first knowledge of his signing was when the stadium announcer read out the teams! There was another at the same time as King Billy, but can’t remember.

Gary Moore from Grimsby if memory serves, but happy to be corrected. We signed and Best and Moore on about the same day. 164 appearances and 46 goals for SUFC.

Gary Moore signed about 9 months after Billy Best.

I think it was Dave Chambers or David Martin-Chambers to give him his full name who signed at the same time as Gary.

CAN EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE.

Yes I get it's not football manager and yes people have part time jobs. It's why you try and sign local talent so they don't have to uproot.

Or get a loanee in that actually has experience of playing recent league football while you gets the ducks in order.

Tomorrow we are playing a team with the best defence and will start with an 18 year old with one league goal to his name who isn't ready for this level of football yet and a winger who's at the end of his career.

Yes I get it's not football manager and yes people have part time jobs. It's why you try and sign local talent so they don't have to uproot.

Or get a loanee in that actually has experience of playing recent league football while you gets the ducks in order.

Tomorrow we are playing a team with the best defence and will start with an 18 year old with one league goal to his name who isn't ready for this level of football yet and a winger who's at the end of his career.
Sandat is ready for this level, just not on his own up top. There’s a difference.

Max Fiddes has moved to Queen's Park

But even signing local talent, and bringing in a loanee isn’t straight forward. Even signing a free agent isn’t straight forward, there is so much work that goes into a transfer.

I get that we need strikers, and we needed them yesterday, but it seems most have wrote off the play-offs, so does it matter too much in the grand scheme of things if we don’t have a shiny new striker tomorrow?

But even signing local talent, and bringing in a loanee isn’t straight forward. Even signing a free agent isn’t straight forward, there is so much work that goes into a transfer.

I get that we need strikers, and we needed them yesterday, but it seems most have wrote off the play-offs, so does it matter too much in the grand scheme of things if we don’t have a shiny new striker tomorrow?

Not sure the squad feel that the season is a write off just yet. I'm sure the management feel the same.

Even JS stated to fans that there were several signings ready for when the embargo dropped.

Other clubs have been making signings.

Just feels like something is off. Maybe it's the spectre of Ron is still having an effect.

Max Fiddes has moved to Queen's Park
Off to uni up there or something? Weird move otherwise.

Then why is that other clubs at this level seem to sign a plethora of players seemingly at ease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back