• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely that’s down to the individual to decide what they post?

Some people on here aren’t guessing though. They have proven track records, and have the inside scoop. Some information doesn’t just come from internally at the Club though. Myself, I know an agent who has done dealings with the Club as well as my other sources. But some people hear things from players (ours and other players), board members (ours and other clubs), agents and all different people within football.

Football is a very incestuous business, and everyone knows everyone, and people within the game talk.

Exactly. Most of the time information will come from people outside the organisation. Players who are moving their family down needing to find accommodation and schools speaking to people to find out about the area. The people the Football Department quiz about a potential prospect (eg I had your lot on the phone the other day asking me about player X).

I regularly hear some of the players down the gym gossiping about the club ... I would never share confidential information, but if they're going to sit next to me and talk about the ins and outs of the club, I'm going to relay this back to my mates or SZ if it was relevant.

(Nothing too juicy so far btw)

The other thing the club needs to understand, for a long time we had to fish for information about whether our club would survive... So now things are looking more positive, alot of fans are fishing for rumours to keep spreading the good energy. It's only natural. So if one little piece of info gets leaked it will get out and all the blanks will be filled in

The thing is the players aren’t going to know what going on. The Football Department aren’t going to be telling the players these are the list of players we're interested in. Until someone turns up at training the extent players will be aware who we are scouting it’ll be because people outside the club (agents, former teammates etc) have tipped them off.

Exactly. Most of the time information will come from people outside the organisation. Players who are moving their family down needing to find accommodation and schools speaking to people to find out about the area. The people the Football Department quiz about a potential prospect (eg I had your lot on the phone the other day asking me about player X).

The thing is the players aren’t going to know what going on. The Football Department aren’t going to be telling the players these are the list of players we're interested in. Until someone turns up at training the extent players will be aware who we are scouting it’ll be because people outside the club (agents, former teammates etc) have tipped them off.

The amount of Those words are banned we do on new signings now, the Maher no ******** policy, is it any wonder that information is leaked from different sources?

Personally, I think it’s a bit of a non-story. CP has posed the question and Kev has answered it. Not sure it warrants a click bait article on the Echo website, but there you go.

Rightly so kev inly wants the right players.
Guess what, the right players are usually pretty good and will come at a premium. Then add in that we are a massive club at this level and costs/demands rise further, then add to this the new owners aren't gonna spunk money willy nilly.
All makes for protracted dealings.

Kev could only answer in the way he did. He chose to focus on info appearing on Social Media that may have it's orgins from within the Club. I believe his thought process not only considers transfer targets but other potential sensitive issues such as individual player wages, bonuses, internal discipline matters, player fallouts all the type of stuff that goes on at a football club and from the Managers point of view should stay inside the club, subject to speculation yes but never 'unofficial' confirmation. We shouldn't make more of this than Kev endorsing the expected code of conduct from those within, yes the reality may well be different but when Kev is asked such a direct question his stance has to be definitive.

Rightly so kev inly wants the right players.
Guess what, the right players are usually pretty good and will come at a premium. Then add in that we are a massive club at this level and costs/demands rise further, then add to this the new owners aren't gonna spunk money willy nilly.
All makes for protracted dealings.
Absolutely makes sense. Whilst it's frustrating, we should not make panic signings just to suit everyone obsessed with new signings only to have an excess of players we can't get rid of next season when it counts. Its not ideal at the moment, but our lads have served us well and we have goals from midfield. We're not going to make the play offs and seriously doubt we'll go down, so our signings need to be right. Have faith in our boys, and if we get the right ones before the injured players return, it's a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back