• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think he was on the whiteboard this time around. Was one of those free agents we thought we might have been able to bring in under the rules of our embargo, but we weren’t able to do the deal.
Can you recall the lad that was on loan to Weymouth last year? Played RB and an absolute tower. Can't remember where he was from originally but would be interested to know where he's ended up ....

Can you recall the lad that was on loan to Weymouth last year? Played RB and an absolute tower. Can't remember where he was from originally but would be interested to know where he's ended up ....
Found him ... Haji Monoga (Aldershot) on loan from Portsmouth, 21 years.

Really good defender. Would love to have him in our squad!

Check out post 1637…
The Cowleys read the same post and decided to act fast.

Thats why I stopped voting on the pre match thread. I had quite a few EFL mangers admit to me they set their team up to play the one I picked.....Most would be amazed how many big names in football follow Shrimperzone.......We even need to be careful when we post on the 'What I Had For Lunch' thread.

Cricko and his team really should clamp down.

Sounds like all the "deals" that have been "finalised" aren't happening any time soon

This does seem weird though as surely in this day and age, news will spread
almost sounds like players and agents alike can’t help noticing that Ron Martin is still very much the owner of SUFC. Embargo or no embargo as someone once said to me, I’d things don’t seem right at SUFC then that’s because they generally aren’t

Are clubs going to launch transfer bids because @SUFC_ITK_1906 has posted something? No. Might they accelerate already existing interest? Possibly, but that’s not necessarily a sizeable issue and for all intents and purposes, club interest is shopped around by agents on a daily basis and will be held in far higher regard than anything posted on socials.

Can understand Maher’s frustrations, but this is very much the (social) media landscape managers operate in today and if accurate info is being leaked from the club then without encouraging them to go all Wagatha Christie, that’s very much a club issue to solve.

You make light of it, but if you were a National League club with a **** scouting network - and there are plenty of them out there - and you heard that Southend were interested in James Morton of Weston-super-Mare, you would probably prick your ears up - because you would realise that Southend recruit well from the leagues below.
Now James Morton - and I use him as an example only - may still want to join Southend. But if the amount of interest in him from other clubs increases, potentially the price we pay for him increases, and potentially what he can ask for in wages increases too.
So it will be interesting to see if the other players we’ve been linked with do join us. And we will never know if we’ve had to pay more for them, or to pay them more, because there’s a mole in the building and our interest in them got leaked out.
And if there is a mole, and they catch them, they need to get them out. Because you can’t have that sort of thing going on at a professional football club.

What has happened over the last 24 hours? Blanket ban on rumours now? Our Dear Leader Kev Jong Il is now trying to control the media?

Come on now comrades. Rumours will always exist. Why do people like London Shrimper get a hard time for posting what he hears? It’s great to hear the type of player we are looking at and we have been denied for over a year now these little nuggets. Let us all dream of the 15 goal striker, or midfield enforcer from club x who we are linked with.

Transfer rumours do not change a thing. Clubs will know who other clubs are in for anyway, agents will always ensure that happens.

ITK, f*** yeah!

What has happened over the last 24 hours? Blanket ban on rumours now? Our Dear Leader Kev Jong Il is now trying to control the media?

Come on now comrades. Rumours will always exist. Why do people like London Shrimper get a hard time for posting what he hears? It’s great to hear the type of player we are looking at and we have been denied for over a year now these little nuggets. Let us all dream of the 15 goal striker, or midfield enforcer from club x who we are linked with.

Transfer rumours do not change a thing. Clubs will know who other clubs are in for anyway, agents will always ensure that happens.

ITK, f*** yeah!
He has a right to expect confidentiality from other employees of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back