• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other strikers being looked at besides that list, and no I won’t give names.

The only one I’ll comment on that list is Hopper. I’m 99% certain (would say 100% but might bit me on the arse) that nothing will happen with him this week.
If Southend are looking for a fox-in-the-box striker, I hope the management team are giving some consideration to Ben Seymour, the 24 year old Hampton forward. I was impressed by the way he took his goal at Roots Hall earlier in the season and he now has scored 12 goals this season.

Please keep the rumours and suggestions coming.

I love reading about the new players I've never heard of, the hidden gems, the YouTube top goals reels, the gossip, the debates etc.

Like many I can't really see how rumours on social will make a difference. Please keep going ITKs.

Im in Singapore so it's part of my connection back home.

What could shake the tree a little is if the rumours are "Southend have won the race/having his photo taken with the scarf/he's in the building etc" - that could hasten a club following up / improving their offer etc but it's unlikely that it's social media and probably more agents/players/football people doing the sharing

Someone mentioned the frustration of getting a player over the line. Agents, clubs selling their wares to the player... part of football and to be fair most commercial environments.

Let's go blues !

Stopping rumours and speculation on social media?

Not going to happen.

Perhaps a downside of having a large consortium in charge of the club is now that ten more people now share information that previously only Ron and a few others knew about.

Even if the manager and owner were super tight lipped it would not stop speculation and rumours. Why? Because supporters of football clubs endlessly speculate about all sort of things but player moves most of all.

I fully acknowledge and respect Kev's contribution to Southend but he really should have more than enough to concern himself with than the content of social media posts.

Even organisations like MI5 and MI 6 leak sometimes and they not only spend millions in trying to prevent this but they also have the power to prosecute people and threaten them with imprisonment for breaching their security. What chance then The Blues?

Even if LS stops posting there will be others. Some will be right and some hopelessly wrong. It was ever thus.

LS can comfort himself with the thought that as far we know KM cannot use the Official Secrets Act to launch a prosecution against him!

In the meantime everyone remember that as long human beings converse there will be rumours. Even the mighty KM cannot control human nature!

Some people on hear should remain tight liped untill the club its self say who has put pen to paper .Fans are a need to know but only when they are signed .Loose lips sink ships We need to show somev restraint as folk that are just guessing .

Some people on hear should remain tight liped untill the club its self say who has put pen to paper .Fans are a need to know but only when they are signed .Loose lips sink ships We need to show somev restraint as folk that are just guessing .

Surely that’s down to the individual to decide what they post?

Some people on here aren’t guessing though. They have proven track records, and have the inside scoop. Some information doesn’t just come from internally at the Club though. Myself, I know an agent who has done dealings with the Club as well as my other sources. But some people hear things from players (ours and other players), board members (ours and other clubs), agents and all different people within football.

Football is a very incestuous business, and everyone knows everyone, and people within the game talk.

Last edited:
Surely that’s down to the individual to decide what they post?

Some people on here aren’t guessing though. They have proven track records, and have the inside scoop. Some information doesn’t just come from internally at the Club though. Myself, I know an agent who has done dealings with the Club. But some people hear things from players (ours and other players), board members (ours and other clubs), agents and all different people within football.

Football is a very incestuous business, and everyone knows everyone, and people within the game talk.
I heard the same thing said down the boozer, from a mate's aunty who stood next to a chap in a bus stop discussing stuff on his phone to a fella he had heard a rumour from at the dogs track. Word does get round!!

I’m pretty sure Kev’s issue isn’t with any individual on social media or here, more with the source/s of info within the club itself. Without that person/people there wouldn’t be so many ‘ITK’ posters.
That’s the problem with clickbait media these days, it’s about getting the best headline to attract attention. Like The Rock investing in Southend United 🤣

When you read the article, yes social media is a problem but the actual issue is the leaks from inside the club.

I regularly hear some of the players down the gym gossiping about the club ... I would never share confidential information, but if they're going to sit next to me and talk about the ins and outs of the club, I'm going to relay this back to my mates or SZ if it was relevant.

(Nothing too juicy so far btw)

The other thing the club needs to understand, for a long time we had to fish for information about whether our club would survive... So now things are looking more positive, alot of fans are fishing for rumours to keep spreading the good energy. It's only natural. So if one little piece of info gets leaked it will get out and all the blanks will be filled in

I remember sitting near Sally Hall, Derek’s wife when I was a kid. At one game, Steve Anthrobus was sitting nearby and Sally told us he was going to sign for us.

Would be better that the club itself post plenty of red herrings so that our competitors can't suss out what players we are looking at or who we are after!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back