• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours on fan sites are never going to influence any deal, genuine potential moves will be well known in the football community way before they hit fan forums. Players talk to one another so do managers, coaches, agents and recruitment heads etc. I can’t imagine many teams taking any notice of them, most are click bait spread by all of us and the rest are doubtful at best! Fun though……..
The only thing I would add is , we're in the age of the Agent who may or may not have a personal financial interest shall we say and may also tout a player around etc .

Rumours on fan sites are never going to influence any deal, genuine potential moves will be well known in the football community way before they hit fan forums. Players talk to one another so do managers, coaches, agents and recruitment heads etc. I can’t imagine many teams taking any notice of them, most are click bait spread by all of us and the rest are doubtful at best! Fun though……..
Why is it whenever you post CaP, Baa Baa Black sheep ear worms into my head? It really is weird hearing common sense from a North Essex cousin. :Winking:

Before I lay low until 2025, quite a few people have forwarded the tweet above onto me and it's clearly an indirect remark at some of the tweets I've put out recently, even though there are plenty of others that share similar on Shrimperzone, social media and down the pub...

As someone pointed out, it's football. Not professing to be Fabrizio Romano or the like in any shape or form, but the BBC for instance has their own section on gossip/transfer rumours. That's all they are. Everyone talks in football.

As already mentioned by @BoyWonder2 below, I highly doubt clubs look at a Twitter account clearly run by a fan who gives his views after going to each game (for what they're worth) and thinks "you know what, we're going to bid for James Morton or offer a contract to Harry Cardwell because London Shrimper tweeted about them". These are all players already on the radar of other clubs, not because I've put out a tweet with a photo on it. Believe it or not, clubs do not care about my Twitter account.

Oh come on.

You don’t think Dagenham, Wealdstone, Barnet or whoever, their recruitment department are keeping a close eye on, what is quite clearly a Southend United fan twitter account is putting out to scout players?

Bromley didn’t sign Levi because London Shrimper said he was a target for us…

That said, in the past the Echo has announced news of players joining..
as well as rumoured interest in players... before any official announcement from the club. Strange for the Chief Sports Reporter to release such a tweet when the exact same thing has been done in the past, but it is what it is.

I know what I post will irk some people, I get that. Equally, some enjoy finding out who the club might be in for or whether a sale has been completed/agreed for the club during a worrying time. It's not done to generate 'likes' as one person suggested, or to big up any reputation. Far from it. I work full-time, it's a fan's Twitter account and I am simply keeping fans in the loop with info that comes my way. No malice in it whatsoever.

I'm not trying to rub people up the wrong way. I'm not trying to jeopardise any of the hard work the footballing department are doing. We all want the best for the club following such a traumatic period being a supporter, especially good quality transfers being completed after going so long without them. There's plenty of accounts on Twitter posting transfer rumours and news about different clubs, it's common.

One thing I will say though is it's not always from within the club - other club(s), owners, chairmen, members of the board, agents, players and management staff, etc. are involved don't forget. Like I said, people talk in football.

Anyway, mind your business if you see someone at Roots Hall looking like this in the near future...

Fingers crossed for a couple of signings before Saturday (we know one is happening anyway) and 3 points to follow 🦐

Last edited:
Great news about Cav. Be great to have our Rolls-Royce in the middle of the park back.

Any news on Cards injection and whether he’s had it yet?
Don't know if had it yet but due to the time out he 'l be needing not just the week rest after the injection but probably a week or two on top to get back anywhere near match fit unfortunately.

Before I lay low until 2025, quite a few people have forwarded the tweet above onto me and it's clearly an indirect remark at some of the tweets I've put out recently, even though there are plenty of others that share similar on Shrimperzone, social media and down the pub...

As someone pointed out, it's football. Not professing to be Fabrizio Romano or the like in any shape or form, but the BBC for instance has their own section on gossip/transfer rumours. That's all they are. Everyone talks in football.
Although you shot me down, unfairly as my info was correct regarding Neal (not regarding Maguire fair play), I would like to add that others shooting you down and blaming you for missed targets as you've suggested, is ridiculous and unfair.

I hope you continue to bring news, rather than multiple sources, as agreed, you've put research behind it, and for what it's worth, I for one am in support of you. If I support you, someone you shot down, then others have no reason not to support you either.

Deals are complex and change routes for many reasons, and targets change because clubs do their own homework, not because they read fans forums.

Half of the players we have been linked with reported by you, I had not even heard of (or teams for that fact), and I'm sure these would have been looked at by club scouts anyway. So I don't think you have impacted them in any way. Kev is clearly frustrated, as someone suggested, we have now entered an equally fierce market that we haven't been able to for a while. But people taking those words of frustration and making 2 and 2 into 6 to find a scapegoat, is unfair.

Please don't stop posting.

Thanks BoyWonder2. That may or may not be disappointing news for our management team.

Don’t think he was on the whiteboard this time around. Was one of those free agents we thought we might have been able to bring in under the rules of our embargo, but we weren’t able to do the deal.

Shame the darts wasn’t on tonight so everyone can ease of a little . I’m sure they’re doing all they can to recruit players but they want it to be the right player for the right price as well as the character within the potential signings .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back