• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think a social media account posting transfer targets is affecting deals either, but the simple fact is those outside the club still shouldn’t have this info.

If I was Maher I’d be frustrated by it as well, unnecessary noise that creates false expectations and makes us look bad in my opinion.

Oh come on.

You don’t think Dagenham, Wealdstone, Barnet or whoever, their recruitment department are keeping a close eye on, what is quite clearly a Southend United fan twitter account is putting out to scout players?

Bromley didn’t sign Levi because London Shrimper said he was a target for us…

I mentioned something about Tom Hopper in the pub last night and three blokes immediately ran outside with their mobiles.

Huge respect for you as a poster but the point of this is that it is annoying our Management team so for no other reason than that, the snippets coming out from the club should stop immediately. We both know who that person is and as such can easily be stopped - even though I am 100% certain it is not with malcious intent.
I dont think Maher has the hump with LS or other ITKs I think he is ****ed off that the person/people in the club are letting it out directly. Fans havent had anything positive to speak about for a long long time now so cant blame people for talking about it.

Oh come on.

You don’t think Dagenham, Wealdstone, Barnet or whoever, their recruitment department are keeping a close eye on, what is quite clearly a Southend United fan twitter account is putting out to scout players?

Bromley didn’t sign Levi because London Shrimper said he was a target for us…
My brothers, cousins, sisters, aunties, husband works for Bromleys recruitment team and specifically stated thats where they were first alerted to Levi.

Make of that what you will.

And if it did scupper a deal, then they weren't the right player for the cause; they weren't commited to us and the team we are building.

We are massive remember... at least that's what we tell ourselves.

Huge respect for you as a poster but the point of this is that it is annoying our Management team so for no other reason than that, the snippets coming out from the club should stop immediately. We both know who that person is and as such can easily be stopped - even though I am 100% certain it is not with malcious intent.

Oh I agree.

I could list names, but I don’t. Other people choose to and that’s down to them.

What I can say is that it 100% isn’t malicious. He is a fan, and has a fantastic record of being correct.

I’ve already said, from my point of view, I might not hear more stuff. I got a name today of a forward, and I won’t reveal it, but that might be it especially if Maher & co isn’t happy about it. Time will tell.

I mentioned something about Tom Hopper in the pub last night and three blokes immediately ran outside with their mobiles.
You're not JS and Hopper is not the sort of player he's tasked with finding ! They may have run out to phone your psychiatric nurse Mad Cyril

Can't blame him. I've said it before, I think the Club needs to tighten the leaks now we're moving on from the Rat era.

Leaks were important previously as fans would have been in the dark on almost every aspect of SUFC otherwise.

Kev's wishes should be respected and information limited. I'm of the opinion deals for players should be kept quiet until the ink is dry on a contract, best for all parties IMO.

CP needs to think of people with heart problems before tweeting a headline!:Winking: I just saw "What a day!" and half expected to read that we had signed a few players. Only to find that it refered back to a previous game.........Chelsea in the Cup?:Sad:

Oh I agree.

I could list names, but I don’t. Other people choose to and that’s down to them.

What I can say is that it 100% isn’t malicious. He is a fan, and has a fantastic record of being correct.

I’ve already said, from my point of view, I might not hear more stuff. I got a name today of a forward, and I won’t reveal it, but that might be it especially if Maher & co isn’t happy about it. Time will tell.
You clearly have some very ITK contacts and you report very carefully on info that you feel is right to share. LS also has a close link to the club but has never shared who that is. I can see why kev is irritated but there are clearly people at the club or linked to the club that are sharing their info with outsiders. LS in particular gets a few things wrong but also gets a fair share right. That info comes from somewhere

You clearly have some very ITK contacts and you report very carefully on info that you feel is right to share. LS also has a close link to the club but has never shared who that is. I can see why kev is irritated but there clearly people at the club or linked to the club that are sharing their info.

That’s why I say that I may no longer hear things. Only time will tell.

The talk previously, and when he signed his deal, was to move into the coaching.

A back up to Gus is required, but I could see JD being kept on as a player for emergencies, but he’ll be part of the coaching set up. Possibly a gaffer of the B side if that ever gets off the ground.

@in the know would be the best to ask…
Originally intended to be on the coaching team and staying fit enough to be cover for more or less any defensive or midfield position. Kev was pretty insistent he carried on playing due to what he brings.
Then due to the issues and injuries at the club he was needed to start regularly. He thoroughly enjoyed it and his fitness levels were better than ever.
It seems the stats show the win ratio over a fairly lengthy period was far higher when he plays, but the grade 2 hamstring meant over 6 weeks out. Although now ready to resume, the additions and Ralph getting back for mean he be just covering for now, but obviously he can cover so many positions which is useful for kev.
Plus, cav is now also back in full training and won't be long before he can be available again.
JD is enjoying playing still and like Dave Martin, wants to fight his way back into the starting 11. He's fit enough and probably more importantly has shed loads of experience which we are lacking. But kev likes to stay in a set formation and doubt would want to make changes to that more than needed.
(nothing stated here that causes an issue, no secrets revealed!)

Last edited:
Originally intended to be on the coaching team and staying fit enough to be cover for more or less and defensive or midfield position. Kev was insistent he carried on playing due what he brings.
Then due to the issues and injuries at the club he was needed to start regularly. He thoroughly enjoyed it and his fitness levels were better than ever.
The stats behind the scenes show the win ratio was far higher when he plays, but the grade 2 hamstring meant over 6 weeks out. Although now ready to resume, the additions and Ralph getting back for mean he be just covering for now, but obviously he can cover so many positions which is useful for kev.
Plus, cav is now also back in full training and won't be long before he can be available again.
I know JD is enjoying playing still and like Dave Martin, wants to fight his way back into the starting 11. He's fit enough and probably more importantly has shed loads of experience which we are lacking. But kev likes to stay in a set formation and wont want to make changes to that more than needed.
are you allowed to share this :Hilarious:

Thanks as always

Kev's wishes should be respected and information limited. I'm of the opinion deals for players should be kept quiet until the ink is dry on a contract, best for all parties IIMO.
Exactly. Posting rumours/ITK knowledge on twitter/x/forums does nothing more than than quench the modern day 24/7 thirst for news that everyone craves. It benefits no one.

If a given rumour is anything other than a done deal, it hurts the club.

That’s why I say that I may no longer hear things. Only time will tell.
Naturally I really like seeing who we're interested in, but I think your approach is the best holistically. Keeps fans updated with genuine knowledge, yet doesn't have any potential to scupper any deals as no names are mentioned.

I can see why Maher would be annoyed if it's being reported X player is a definite target and we've made an offer, especially if that account has shown to be ITK. I don't really see an issue with obfuscated messages coming out that keep us in the loop without enabling any competitor to act on the info and therefore threaten altering the outcome.

Hopefully you're still able to get some info and share it wisely as you do, but we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back