• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw enough mud & eventually it sticks? 🤔

A transfer target lost, but an unrealistic one as @BoyWonder2 rightly conceded recently. Would have been a real coup if he had dropped back to the National League after how he got on for Barrow in League Two last season.

Frankie Maguire is more realistic and, whilst being careful not to repeat myself, should not be written off based on a lack of game time at Chester - had a very good spell on loan at Kettering last season.

Last edited:
I know the club are trying hard to sign players etc but surely we cannot go another game with our current front line.

If we want to at least have a distant chance of play offs it needs to happen soon.
I completely get where you're coming from here and I'm sure we'd all love to get into the playoffs this season but I suspect we're planning for the long term as well and getting the right people in isn't easy.

Also when you look at our scouting nowadays, we do seem to be going for top drawer players which I'm guessing have a lot of other offers on the table.

Has Adam Crowther signed or not???

Chris Philips said last night that the club are only in talks but London Shrimper said he signed? Which one is it?

I think Matt Slater for the Athletic said Kasper Lopata joined before Chris did too. Simply Shrimpers have released stuff early too. Why are the Echo so far behind with transfer talk or are the club keeping them hush?

Need to forget about defenders and sign a striker or two for the weekend!!

Has Adam Crowther signed or not???

Chris Philips said last night that the club are only in talks but London Shrimper said he signed? Which one is it?

I think Matt Slater for the Athletic said Kasper Lopata joined before Chris did too. Simply Shrimpers have released stuff early too. Why are the Echo so far behind with transfer talk or are the club keeping them hush?

Need to forget about defenders and sign a striker or two for the weekend!!

CP & the Echo can only comment and report on facts, not rumours. CP & the Echo can’t report a player has joined us, unless the Club itself confirms this. Plus, CP won’t be allowed to put names of people out there either.

CP certainly isn’t behind, he just can’t comment like others can.

Loose lips sinks ships.

There does seem to be a lot of information coming out of the club in the last year or so through little bits feed to mates who then pass it onto mates etc etc

Whilst I like the names cropping up and being linked with them, i'm less keen on the announcements the ITKs state that contracts are being signed, pictures are being taken etc etc

You suggested that SZ mentioning names was doing other clubs scouting work for them which to me still is 100% totally laughable.
Surely not totally laughable, I would maybe agree with you if JS wasn't our chief scout and a well known talent spotter! I'm sure his former club D&R would swoop on our JS identified targets.
It's a dog eat dog league imo

Surely not totally laughable, I would maybe agree with you if JS wasn't our chief scout and a well known talent spotter! I'm sure his former club D&R would swoop on our JS identified targets.
It's a dog eat dog league imo

Oh come on.

You don’t think Dagenham, Wealdstone, Barnet or whoever, their recruitment department are keeping a close eye on, what is quite clearly a Southend United fan twitter account is putting out to scout players?

Bromley didn’t sign Levi because London Shrimper said he was a target for us…

Understandable and I guess he knows exactly who it is and doesn't have far to .

I don't understand why the stories still keep getting posted on Twitter other than to 'big up' that persons reputation.

Just hope that it hasn't cost us any signings so far.

I highly doubt that someone not officially connected to he club putting posts online would scupper any deal.

Oh come on.

You don’t think Dagenham, Wealdstone, Barnet or whoever, their recruitment department are keeping a close eye on, what is quite clearly a Southend United fan twitter account is putting out to scout players?

Huge respect for you as a poster but the point of this is that it is annoying our Management team so for no other reason than that, the snippets coming out from the club should stop immediately. We both know who that person is and as such can easily be stopped - even though I am 100% certain it is not with malcious intent.

Oh come on.

I wasn't aware that he'd already moved somewhere. That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back