• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see James Olayinka can leave Cheltenham, wouldn’t mind him back.
Yeah he was decent during that horrible covid season...... strange how he hasn't kick on since he left us but he still young and with the ability he got he would be top signing at this level.

Seriously have no idea how good Hopper is or isn’t now…. but people are posting as if he’s definitely coming..

Those that are writing Hopper off, before he has even arrived (even if he does), how many of you have seen him play since he left us? Even the Colchester fans on here have only seen him a handful of times…

Don’t forget, as things stand right now, we are likely to be choosing our two starting forwards between Sandat, then Vilhete a utility player who definitely isn’t a centre forward, Jack Wood a number 10 and Brooklyn not even a starter at centre half for us. I’d take Hopper over all of those.

We have 1 fit centre forward in Sandat, and he is more of a second striker instead of the main man. Even with everyone fit, we only have two with Cardwell and Sandat. Powell isn’t a centre forward when he is fully fit either, nor was Mooney who played up there.
Fully agree we shouldn’t write players off before they come here but I don’t think anyone can disagree with the fact there are so big red flags with this potential signing. Lack of goals, massive lack of games/minutes (in a very poor team), doesn’t appear to be the same player since his injury. The bottom of league two is probably the equivalent of the bottom half of the NL.

Saying the above he loved it here before and if we could get the best out of him then he would be a good signing although that is a pretty big IF.

I would rather play kabongolo up front over Sandat and Vilhete so any striker that comes in would be welcome and I wouldn’t be against Hopper on a short term loan to give us the numbers up top.

Home to Walsall. Harry Lennon also broke his leg that game.

If I remember right that was on a Tuesday night. Then Coker went down at Sunderland, with Dru kicked off the pitch in the same game....All of them ware never the same for us after that.

Not sure why so many have latched on to the previous player theme. If we have missed our targets I would rather see Kanu type loans for the rest of the season. Going backwards will be a mistake.

I seem to recall seeing that KM and JS were at a recent Colchester EFL Cup game when Hopper played. That would have given them some idea of his current form.

If I remember right that was on a Tuesday night. Then Coker went down at Sunderland, with Dru kicked off the pitch in the same game....All of them ware never the same for us after that.

Not sure why so many have latched on to the previous player theme. If we have missed our targets I would rather see Kanu type loans for the rest of the season. Going backwards will be a mistake.

Correct.

And yes, we won 3-0. I remember leaving the ground that day pretty bouyant. No-one realised the extent of Tom's injury until a little later on.

Steve fletcher (36) and Paul Mullins (29) are still firing Wrexham to the top of the 2nd. A 30 year old tom hopper doesn't sound that bad
The key difference being Mullin scored more goals last season alone than what Hopper has in the past 11 seasons combined.

Add to that Hopper has had one season where he scored double figures (10) whereas Mullin has 9 this season and in his last 3 seasons he has scored 38, 28 and 32.

They are completely different players however but there really is no comparison to be had here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back