• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks, a bit radioactive, that one.
If it's this, I don't think it's really any fault of his. Seems a bit petty by the Needham chairman even if Leiston have not acted properly. Crane has probably been advised that he's perfectly able to sign a contract and not been told much more. Clearly he was technically allowed, but if a fee / tribunal is needed it's clearly inappropriate to ask him to sign the contract until that is resolved. Needham presumably retained his registration until it was resolved, so I'm not sure what the need was for the big public hoo ha. I doubt the player is the issue here, even if it looks like he was a bit naive.

Not sure that's quite right tbh.
May not be mate, I’m only going on what someone said on another group . As per usual rumours are rumours. I hope it’s proven to be incorrect. Hope we sign the lad as seems to fit the profile we are looking for and we urgently need a striker or two

Last edited:
May not be mate, I’m only going on what someone said on another group . As per usual rumours are rumours. I hope it’s proven to be incorrect. Hope we sign the lad as seems to fit the profile we are looking for and we urgently need a striker or two
Absolutely fine but if info comes from an internet source like this please, please always include the source in the first post to allow everyone else to form a view about its authenticity :Thumbs up:

As they’ve just sacked Matty Etherington, maybe this signing won’t now go ahead so whichever striker it was may now be available to us….
It doesn't work like that at Col U. We have a 'recruitment team' and the here today gone tomorrow 'head coach' has little or no say in who comes in. This is one of the main reasons why the club is in such a mess.

Had a bit of a DM chat with Dackers last month when getting our final shirt donated for the James Walker appeal signed by him - must admit, I'd thought he was on loan at Altrincham till the end of the season, he did say several times "let's see what the future holds", but I had thought he was referring to the end of the season!

Lovely guy, he was so helpful.

It's strange that Salford who are struggling big time don't seem to think Dackers is good enough for a regular place in their squad. They are interviewing candidates for their managerial vacancy at the moment. With a new man in charge it could well be that Dackers returns to them from his loan spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back