• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, and a struggle to get him registered in time for the Barnet game is how I read it......I don't believe the move is dead at all.

To be fair, for the style of football we play, I don't think we **** about with it that much at the back. Certainly much less so than other teams that attempt to play out from the back. I think we've struggled a bit not having Cav showing to receive the ball directly from the centre backs.
Maybe Rushall Olympic wanted to wait to secure a replacement for Waldron before they released him. Just a thought.

Credit to both of them for how they've performed, but I think we can do better than both if we want to challenge for promotions.
Exactly. Full respect to both keepers but we genuinely need a step up in quality in goal to challenge.

I’ve said it a lot, Collin is a decent young keeper but not a NL level goalkeeper as yet I’m afraid. Think of the difference a Steve Arnold would make to this side.

Exactly. Full respect to both keepers but we genuinely need a step up in quality in goal to challenge.

I’ve said it a lot, Collin is a decent young keeper but not a NL level goalkeeper as yet I’m afraid. Think of the difference a Steve Arnold would make to this side.
Find it really frustrating seeing him sit on the bench. Makes you wonder if he would have stayed if the circumstances were different at the time.

We've conceded 2nd least number of goals in the league. Suggests the defensive unit, including keepers, are doing alright.

Alfie Rutherford currently playing for Weymouth against Weston-Super-Mare after being loaned out by Dorking. Not done much so far but Weymouth not the best team and haven't really given him much to work with. Currently 1-2 down but there is one player putting in a real shift trying to get he team going. Scored a penalty to reduce the deficit at half time. That player is one Brandon Goodship....

Could we be in for Alfie now he seems to be on his way back from his injuries (loaned put to Bognor Regis and now Weymouth to get match fit i assume) I know it was a name that has been mentioned on the white board

From what I've heard since the incident, Dave Martin is keen to stay involved and fight for a starting place in addition to the coaching. Needs to recover fully first of course. i hope he does continue because the experience he brings at the back can prevent soft set piece goals.
He looked good. Played at top level for a reason, and keepers going on to 40 is not unusual- and he is a bit off that and keeps himself very fit. Younger will be easier to find than better..

Really not sure this is right- Collin is a decent keeper at this level with huge potential and Martin is in great condition and I’m not sure hugely different from the keeper that was playing two of three leagues above…it screams the priority is up top?

Really not sure this is right- Collin is a decent keeper at this level with huge potential and Martin is in great condition and I’m not sure hugely different from the keeper that was playing two of three leagues above…it screams the priority is up top?
Fair dos. It’s a game of opinions after all. I do rate Martin but my comment was based on that fact I assumed he wouldn’t be playing much now Collin was back. If he is prepared to fight for his place (as mentioned above) well then I agree we don’t need another keeper as a priority.

Also agree with the need for striker/s as a priority right now. Massively need options up top.

Hoping for a new CB that can marshal the back line and tell them when to stop ****ing around with it at the back. Also hoping for a less lightweight forward that isn't afraid to shoot to play off Cardwell and create space for him
We could do with a CB that can score a goal from a corner or free kick, Kensdale and Taylor haven't got a solitary goal between them. I am sure KM would like to address that.

Alfie Rutherford currently playing for Weymouth against Weston-Super-Mare after being loaned out by Dorking. Not done much so far but Weymouth not the best team and haven't really given him much to work with. Currently 1-2 down but there is one player putting in a real shift trying to get he team going. Scored a penalty to reduce the deficit at half time. That player is one Brandon Goodship....

Could we be in for Alfie now he seems to be on his way back from his injuries (loaned put to Bognor Regis and now Weymouth to get match fit i assume) I know it was a name that has been mentioned on the white board
Brandon just scored another beauty to pull it back to 2-3. I know we had him a few years ago but he was brought into a league 1 team with a loosing mentality and issues off the field. Bond then Campbell, Molesley and Brown.

I thought Rutherford had an underlying health problem which is why clubs didn't sign him as his health problem isn't covered by insurance in the EFL.

Colchester manager just confirmed they have a striker having a medical tomorrow as Luton have recalled Joe Taylor.

Hope they haven’t poached anyone off our white board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back