• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanu started on Charlton's last game so doubt he'll be available on loan, at least for the next week

Absolutely I am guilty of that with Nick Hayes. But a lot about him coming back makes sense to me, right age, good pedigree, looked solid when he was here earlier in the season, game time will be non existent at parent club. I realise he is currently at Solihull on a short term deal but I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t on the board.
At this moment in time, we have Collin and Dave Martin. I would suggest that a goalkeeper is not a priority at the moment. Nick Hayes made the most of his spell with us, but I felt he looked uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Thinking about our big targets during last season, when we weren't under an embargo, a number of them were either established NL players or loanees from League clubs. So I'm a little bit surprised that our only names being touted about are from lower leagues.

As much as there's gold down there, there's also some great talent at this level that we were previously targeting, e.g.:

James Daly (Woking - now at Harrogate but hardly getting a sniff even of the bench);
Andrew Dallas (Barnsley, on loan to Kilmarnock but very much a fringe player);
Markus Dackers (Salford as we know - contract ends there this Summer; Currently on loan at Altrincham);
John Kelly (Maidenhead - ****ers wouldnt sell to us, so he ended up at Solihull); and
Dan Mooney (needs no introduction)....

We don't seem to be targeting these types of -players any more unless I'm much mistaken?

I'd take Daly, Dackers and Dallas.. and probably Kelly too although I think we have naff all chance of any of them except Dackers. I'd really like to see him back.

From Maher’s comments I don’t think Waldron will be happening.
We just need to get it right, and not panic buy now we are able to.
It's so important we don't upset the chemistry we currently have by bringing in too many too fast. We have an exceptional team spirit which could easily be undermined if we rush things.
We need to get it right and focus on next season. If we edge the playoffs, great, but getting the balance of talent and keeping team spirit is no.1 priority in my book.

At this moment in time, we have Collin and Dave Martin. I would suggest that a goalkeeper is not a priority at the moment. Nick Hayes made the most of his spell with us, but I felt he looked uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.
Respectfully I disagree. I genuinely rate Collin as a young keeper but he is not good enough for NL level to be first choice at the moment. We need a big strong number 1 in the mould of Steve Arnold. Would be worth their weight in gold.

Respectfully I disagree. I genuinely rate Collin as a young keeper but he is not good enough for NL level to be first choice at the moment. We need a big strong number 1 in the mould of Steve Arnold. Would be worth their weight in gold.
Was frustrating that Martin got injured when he did I thought he we was getting better every game

I agree with your previous comment, and I
too would like to get Nick Hayes back, on a permanent deal albeit not sure how likely this is right now.

Just has a look at nick Hayes ipswich profile he is out of contract summer 2024 still might be a good punt in the close season .to get him in on a permant deal .
Do we need another goalkeeper though? Collin is excellent and a great prospect who will almost certainly catch the attention from EFL clubs and Dave Martin can be registered as a player coach. There are far more important areas where the team needs strengthening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back