• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s kick this off then with the names mentioned so far on here and on the socials and have at least a few mentions from different sources.

🤝 Henry Sandat - Hull - ST (4 week loan) - 20/01/24.

🤝 James Morton - Weston SM - CDM - (June 2026)

Danny Waldron - Rushall Olympic - ST

Justin Johnson - Chorley - LW

Adam Crowther - Kings Lynn - CB

Alfie Lewis - Dundalk - CM

Luke Jenkins - Chelmsford - CB
Can we bring back the colours part of the excitement seeing someone move up the smiffy scale lol

Just think from Tomorrow we can dip onto the EFL loan market properly! I remember someone close to the club saying alot of Premier Managers like the way Maher has got his side playing and they are willing to send players down here on loan. I think we had a Everton player lined up and a few others. Wasn't we also linked to Harry Taylors brother at Ipswich?

After they're month loan deals run out both Dackers and Hayes will become available. We may also go back in for Kanu from Charlton. Who knows let Maher Still Currie and Bentley have full control of it and let's see where it takes us!

Kanu started on Charlton's last game so doubt he'll be available on loan, at least for the next week or 2

Not worth the agg, bitching, moans and snipes mate. It's gone.

Everyone can discuss names as they wish. But there won't be a traffic light system anymore.
That's a shame mate. Lots of people liked that. In fairness to you, you never put the scarf, medical, photo or signing emojis for the striker in question. Had you put all that and we don't sign him, I get the angst. You never did that though.

Don't let a few moaners affect you Smiffy.

I could never work it out. He had a great goalscoring record before he came yet treated the opposition penalty box as if it had an electric fence around when here..bizarre
Goodship wasn’t strong enough to battle with centre-halves. He had enough football intelligence to realise it and stay away from them by dropping back or out wide. Presumably playing the level above Essex Senior League, there were enough gaps against hungover lumbering centre halves that he could advance into but he didn’t have the pace to get there against full-time athletes in better organised defences.

The lesson here is it’s difficult to jump from the lower tiers to full time football. The best players in the NL North and South can absolutely play NL (and often L1/L2). The NL N and S contains some full time clubs but is mainly part-time and with a couple of exceptions the highest level you can play at whilst holding down a full time job. This creates something of a bottleneck for talent, raising the top level of the NL N/S. Once you go below NL N/S the drop off is much greater. Good players pass through the levels below but they don’t tend to hang around long - if they’re good enough to be pro they’ll probably make enough difference to get a side promoted or be poached.

To put this into context: Kensdale, Cardwell, Husin, GSM, Lomas, Morton all came from NL N/S.

Wood and Kabongolo came from the level below that and are much more raw. (Kabongolo was only there a few months, he was at Ipswich last season)

Not worth the agg, bitching, moans and snipes mate. It's gone.

Everyone can discuss names as they wish. But there won't be a traffic light system anymore.
This is why we can't have nice things on ShrimperZone.

The noisy minority spoil things for the quiet majority.

Well done to those guys who have done just that over the past few days. You all know who you are. Just chill out. Scroll past/put on ignore what you don't like reading, it's super simple.

I know we have a remit of young exciting talent that can be improved with a sell on value.

I'm not saying we should sign old cloggers on high wages but we are crying out for a Marc Antoine Fortune type player to lead the line.
I agree we need a couple of experienced players to help our young squad when things are not going to good on the pitch when Ralph is out injured someone can step in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back