• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we likely to lose anyone in the transfer window? I'd imagine, pre injuries, a couple of players may have been attracting league interest?

I know of two/three ex-Shrimpers on the whiteboard, but seems like a lot of people are just naming former players.
If it's ex loanee shrimpers then Dackers, Kanu, Hayes maybe ? If it's ex contracted/academy shrimpers it's hard to think of anyone we'd be in a hurry to get back in. That's realistic anyway.

I know of two/three ex-Shrimpers on the whiteboard, but seems like a lot of people are just naming former players.
Absolutely I am guilty of that with Nick Hayes. But a lot about him coming back makes sense to me, right age, good pedigree, looked solid when he was here earlier in the season, game time will be non existent at parent club. I realise he is currently at Solihull on a short term deal but I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t on the board.

Absolutely I am guilty of that with Nick Hayes. But a lot about him coming back makes sense to me, right age, good pedigree, looked solid when he was here earlier in the season, game time will be non existent at parent club. I realise he is currently at Solihull on a short term deal but I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t on the board.
Ok for fear of being counted as ITK, I was told that KM has found someone that he rates higher than Hayes - I was surprised as thought that Hayes looked pretty good to me.

Having recently recomended a player to the club I have been advised that all potential signings need to tick 3 specific boxes - I wonder if any of the trusted ITK posters can elaborate on what those three boxes are?

Ok for fear of being counted as ITK, I was told that KM has found someone that he rates higher than Hayes - I was surprised as thought that Hayes looked pretty good to me.

Having recently recomended a player to the club I have been advised that all potential signings need to tick 3 specific boxes - I wonder if any of the trusted ITK posters can elaborate on what those three boxes are?
I'd go for...

1. Cheap (Value for Money)
2 Likely to go up in value (Not at his peak)
3. Not an arse (Likeable)

1. Poor finisher
2. No presence in the box
3. Plays nice triangles

;-)

Good knowledge. I thought Hayes was a good bar for a goalkeeper at this level so if they have found someone with higher potential then that can only be a positive thing.

It would be interesting to know what is required to actually process a transfer at the NL. Comments have been made about the Christmas period but football is not a Mon-Fri 9-5 business with games on bank holidays etc. I'd have thought that nowadays it should be a bit more 24/7. I've spent much of Christmas off actually working from home because of the business I'm in.

It would be interesting to know what is required to actually process a transfer at the NL. Comments have been made about the Christmas period but football is not a Mon-Fri 9-5 business with games on bank holidays etc. I'd have thought that nowadays it should be a bit more 24/7. I've spent much of Christmas off actually working from home because of the business I'm in.
Agreed, but I've also been told the NL office staff don't work the same kind of hours as the EFL staff, so things take a lot longer. Seems ridiculous to me, but there you go.

Hayes is an excellent shotstopper but his distribution was poor. That wouldn’t have been an issue pre-Maher but with us playing out from the back he’s not the style of keeper we require. It’s a real pity as the rest of his game looked very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back