• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never work it out. He had a great goalscoring record before he came yet treated the opposition penalty box as if it had an electric fence around when here..bizarre
He did move up 4 levels at the time, and into a club that was toxic and falling apart at the seams.....in hindsight, it was a bit of a stretch.

Well I think most of us were pretty sucked in thinking our new striker was going to be Waldron. Looks extremely unlikely now.
Whoever the new striker is we need him fairly urgently.

It is not extremely unlikely - the deal is still alive.

Sounds like according too Kev we was very close to another one and it's fallen through. Maybe that was Waldron not sure but he definitely played for rushal today despite some people saying he didn't so that looks a way off maybe?

It was Waldron he was on about. He's been on the whiteboard for a long time now. I first tweeted about his interest over a month ago now. He's been banging in goals for fun and he is the striker the club want to bring in.

If Waldron was the name to sign yesterday he would not have gone back and played for his current club. Unless the deal fell through.
Think he was here to sign, but something wasn’t right. Either the club had maybe health or other concerns about Waldron. Possible he had second thoughts on the move.

Nothing wrong with him playing today. He is still Rushall Olympic's player.

The club tried everything to get him in yesterday for today's game, especially after how clear it was in the last game that we needed a striker (no disrespect to Vilhete and Kabongolo), but it ultimately came down to Rushall Olympic not wanting to let him go without a replacement signed in time for their game today. I believe Kevin Maher has recently spoke about the difficulty that will come with teams not being prepared to let players go during the January transfer window without having replacements lined up. The beauty of being a non-league team is that we do not have a transfer window, but January still impacts deals being completed to an extent.

Remember though that Morton was playing for Weston-super-Mare up until as recent as Boxing Day - he was training with the club beforehand, but was waiting on the embargo to be lifted. A player playing for their contracted team is not necessarily a sign they are not coming here.

The club are confident this is a deal that will get done though so don't lose faith yet.

Forgot to add. As the name Frankie Maguire has cropped up on here recently, I asked Harrison Neal about him as he would have know with his Sheff Utd links.

Did say that he hadn't heard Frankie was being lined up anywhere. Not to say he isn't, but players do talk and generally know what's going on. Looks a no goer ...

Without sounding rude, what a load of nonsense.

I have posted a few things on here before that you've turned your nose up at. I accept that posting news on the sale of the club or transfer rumours will attract some negativity, but you've attempted to shut down things I've said in the past by virtue of the fact it's come from me (the club's recent interest in Morton being an example).

I know you claim to know Kevin, Justin, Neal, Brunt and Sammy the Shrimp - but just because Harrison Neal has not heard a thing about Frankie Maguire does not mean it is a no-goer.

Players do not talk about everything and as it stands, he remains on loan at Chester and has not even been recalled by Sheffield United yet (they cannot do that until January).

For someone that has the word in their handle, you do lack some sense, Phil.

How about we see how the next week pans out before accusing Waldron, if he was the one I hinted at, of not being committed. Bit of a huge jump to make.

Let’s all calm down and enjoy the New Years.

Exactly this.

Two proper disheartening results after battling performances in both games, but it should give us reassurance. We're still a long way off strengthening an already outstanding group of players that need a little help, but we performed well against another team at the top end of the table. We will get there.

I've heard another two names linked to us in the past 24 hours. I'll share in due course.

Enjoy the New Years Shrimpers - 2024 is going to be a great year for our club 🦐

I said IF not that he wasn’t- there again I am assuming you are referring to my post and I haven’t read them all

There are a lot of them jumping to massive conclusions on this thread.

As I said, let’s just all calm down a touch and enjoy New Years.

With a bit of luck and all being well, 2024 will start with a lot of humble pie for some, and hopefully some apologies too…

It’s funny, i don’t remember any of the so called ITK’s promising more signings before the match just hoping the deals would be done in time. Jeez. The embargo has been lifted, we are talking to various players but unfortunately only the 1 could be brought in before Barnet in the short window available. I for one welcome the input of these posters and trust what they’ve heard. I’d rather they posted, than didn’t bother.

@londonshrimper.

Firstly I'm not sure I've shut down anything you've said, happy to be corrected. Certainly haven't commented on Morton, a player I hadn't heard of before mentioned. Happy he's done though, looks a decent signing.

Re - Maguire, I simply enquired. The sheff U lads are quite a close knit group so they do generally know what's occurring, but appreciate not always accurate. Saying it looks a no goer, which is what I said, isn't the same as ... it's a no goer. That was just my assumption, likely incorrect, as their wasn't any word of him via usually reliable sources, and we signed Morton in the same position. Certainly not going to insult your inside knowledge. And for the record, I don't know Kev/Justin, ect, just spoken to them. Brunt I do know well so I'm guarded what I'm told. Sammy the Shrimp - we do go back a long way! Lol

Seriously, anything I've said to make you feel aggrieved I apologise for. I'm as much interested in who we sign as anyone, but appreciate a lot comes out that is either false or twisted. Any info you give is appreciated.

Just one question, aside the Waldron interest, are there any other strikers we're looking at???

Last edited:
It is not extremely unlikely - the deal is still alive.

It was Waldron he was on about. He's been on the whiteboard for a long time now. I first tweeted about his interest over a month ago now. He's been banging in goals for fun and he is the striker the club want to bring in.

Nothing wrong with him playing today. He is still Rushall Olympic's player.

The club tried everything to get him in yesterday for today's game, especially after how clear it was in the last game that we needed a striker (no disrespect to Vilhete and Kabongolo), but it ultimately came down to Rushall Olympic not wanting to let him go without a replacement signed in time for their game today. I believe Kevin Maher has recently spoke about the difficulty that will come with teams not being prepared to let players go during the January transfer window without having replacements lined up. The beauty of being a non-league team is that we do not have a transfer window, but January still impacts deals being completed to an extent.

Remember though that Morton was playing for Weston-super-Mare up until as recent as Boxing Day - he was training with the club beforehand, but was waiting on the embargo to be lifted. A player playing for their contracted team is not necessarily a sign they are not coming here.

The club are confident this is a deal that will get done though so don't lose faith yet.

Without sounding rude, what a load of nonsense.

I have posted a few things on here before that you've turned your nose up at. I accept that posting news on the sale of the club or transfer rumours will attract some negativity, but you've attempted to shut down things I've said in the past by virtue of the fact it's come from me (the club's recent interest in Morton being an example).

I know you claim to know Kevin, Justin, Neal, Brunt and Sammy the Shrimp - but just because Harrison Neal has not heard a thing about Frankie Maguire does not mean it is a no-goer.

Players do not talk about everything and as it stands, he remains on loan at Chester and has not even been recalled by Sheffield United yet (they cannot do that until January).

For someone that has the word in their handle, you do lack some sense, Phil.

Exactly this.

Two proper disheartening results after battling performances in both games, but it should give us reassurance. We're still a long way off strengthening an already outstanding group of players that need a little help, but we performed well against another team at the top end of the table. We will get there.

I've heard another two names linked to us in the past 24 hours. I'll share in due course.

Enjoy the New Years Shrimpers - 2024 is going to be a great year for our club 🦐
Thanks very much for a really informative post, londonshrimper.

It’s funny, i don’t remember any of the so called ITK’s promising more signings before the match just hoping the deals would be done in time. Jeez. The embargo has been lifted, we are talking to various players but unfortunately only the 1 could be brought in before Barnet in the short window available. I for one welcome the input of these posters and trust what they’ve heard. I’d rather they posted, than didn’t bother.
Correct. As for me, I said we are signing a midfielder and striker as priority, and a defender. You can't always guarantee what order, or if they will be done before the match. So I never said they would be done before the match.

Let’s kick this off then with the names mentioned so far on here and on the socials and have at least a few mentions from different sources.

🤝 Henry Sandat - Hull - ST (4 week loan) - 20/01/24.

🤝 James Morton - Weston SM - CDM - (June 2026)

Danny Waldron - Rushall Olympic - ST

Justin Johnson - Chorley - LW

Adam Crowther - Kings Lynn - CB

Alfie Lewis - Dundalk - CM

Luke Jenkins - Chelmsford - CB
What happened to the colour chart that was epic.

Didn't mention any names but Kev suggested clubs were being difficult with one or two we're trying to get in. I'm guessing that includes Waldron. So frustrating...
I guess the problem we will face is we as a club noiw has money to spend .And clubs are pushing the price up thinking we will just give them more than some players are worth .

I guess the problem we will face is we as a club noiw has money to spend .And clubs are pushing the price up thinking we will just give them more than some players are worth .
I'm not sure we do have money to spend though (we're not Wrexham). We have gaps in our squad to fill, but doesn't mean we're going to be splashing the cash. I suspect we'll do exactly what we've done previously and spend nominal fees to bring the right player in.

@londonshrimper.

I've tried to pm you but you've seemingly blocked me. I'd really like to take it off line and try understand where I've shut you down because I really cannot recall. If I have said something to offend you, 100% it would not have been intentional. If I've been a dick, I'm happy to be corrected so I can publicly apologise. Would like to clear the air and not have bad blood for the New Year. I appreciate everything you've posted so thank you.

Just think from Tomorrow we can dip onto the EFL loan market properly! I remember someone close to the club saying alot of Premier Managers like the way Maher has got his side playing and they are willing to send players down here on loan. I think we had a Everton player lined up and a few others. Wasn't we also linked to Harry Taylors brother at Ipswich?

After they're month loan deals run out both Dackers and Hayes will become available. We may also go back in for Kanu from Charlton. Who knows let Maher Still Currie and Bentley have full control of it and let's see where it takes us!

Just think from Tomorrow we can dip onto the EFL loan market properly! I remember someone close to the club saying alot of Premier Managers like the way Maher has got his side playing and they are willing to send players down here on loan. I think we had a Everton player lined up and a few others. Wasn't we also linked to Harry Taylors brother at Ipswich?

After they're month loan deals run out both Dackers and Hayes will become available. We may also go back in for Kanu from Charlton. Who knows let Maher Still Currie and Bentley have full control of it and let's see where it takes us!
Linked to 20 appearances for 2nd in the championship Ipswich’s Jack Taylor?

@londonshrimper.

I've tried to pm you but you've seemingly blocked me. I'd really like to take it off line and try understand where I've shut you down because I really cannot recall. If I have said something to offend you, 100% it would not have been intentional. If I've been a dick, I'm happy to be corrected so I can publicly apologise. Would like to clear the air and not have bad blood for the New Year. I appreciate everything you've posted so thank you.
This, is exactly how you conduct yourself on a forum.
If you think you might have offended someone, not get into slagging matches that take up and take over threads.

We can all learn a lot from this type of response.

Happy new year all

Whilst I’m not really that big on the returning hero approach to recruitment, I do see Nick Hayes being the type of player I’d love to see us bring in permanently. 4th choice at Ipswich but clearly talented with a bright future. Could benefit both sides (player and us) for him to join us on a perm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back