• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week was a success either way a new contract for staff and current players as well as a signing ✅.

Shame about todays result but a positive sign we put up a good fight and Morton looked a tidy player on the ball and done well when he come on from bench .

See what this next week brings.

Last edited:
I think sometimes we take for granted that because players are on the whiteboard. That we assume they are available.
Persuading their parent clubs to release them without sufficient compensation is another matter.
True.

Kev seemed really frustrated and said the same. Suggested that we (the fans) do think it's easy but it's really not easy at all to get deals done. It's really not like Football manager at all. I did notice today Tom was on the phone for most of the game today so hopefully working on something.

Last edited:
Very odd with Waldron as people suggested he had signed.
Well clearly not signed as no way he would play then at Rushall.

Wonder if Rushall and/or Waldron want to wait for the EFL window to open- a bit of interest and sometimes people get over excited and think a bigger move may be on the cards. Maybe it is. Likely it isn’t.

Can’t help but feel he is a bit of a gamble- he’s not come up through a bigger clubs academy to get that “grounding” and even NL is another big step up? And he’s 27? In our scouting team I trust.

Yes he’s scored a good number of goals but not as prolific as Goodship at that level. Who knows. But if he’s not committed about coming I think that a bit of a red flag for Kev..

Wonder if Rushall and/or Waldron want to wait for the EFL window to open- a bit of interest and sometimes people get over excited and think a bigger move may be on the cards. Maybe it is. Likely it isn’t.

Can’t help but feel he is a bit of a gamble- he’s not come up through a bigger clubs academy to get that “grounding” and even NL is another big step up? And he’s 27? In our scouting team I trust.

Yes he’s scored a good number of goals but not as prolific as Goodship at that level. Who knows. But if he’s not committed about coming I think that a bit of a red flag for Kev.
Brandon Goodship was never prolific at National League North or South level.

Lots of assumptions being made by people on the thread at the moment.

Nothing Kev said screamed "it's off" to me. Until I hear something different, it sounds to me like they "tried ever so hard" to get said signing over the line for this weekend, but couldn't quite manage it for reasons out of their hands.

Could be the player (least likely), the club (slightly less unlikely), or simply not being able to register in time (most likely option at the moment, IMO.

I think sometimes we take for granted that because players are on the whiteboard. That we assume they are available.
Persuading their parent clubs to release them without sufficient compensation is another matter.
Rushall look nailed-on for relegation to me without Waldron's goals. Anybody expecting them to just roll over and have their tummies tickled when we made an official approach isn't thinking straight.

Brandon Goodship was never prolific at National League North or South level.

Lots of assumptions being made by people on the thread at the moment.

Nothing Kev said screamed "it's off" to me. Until I hear something different, it sounds to me like they "tried ever so hard" to get said signing over the line for this weekend, but couldn't quite manage it for reasons out of their hands.

Could be the player (least likely), the club (slightly less unlikely), or simply not being able to register in time (most likely option at the moment, IMO.

Rushall look nailed-on for relegation to me without Waldron's goals. Anybody expecting them to just roll over and have their tummies tickled when we made an official approach isn't thinking straight.
Agree in general, but I'm not sure its the most likely option that everyone had agreed a deal but couldn't quite manage to get the paperwork through the league at the last moment. I doubt he would have played for them a few hours later if this was the scenario. Plus we managed to get Morton's paperwork through the same process on exactly the same few days.

I do wonder whether an EFL club may have hinted at interest in January, at the last moment.

If Waldron was the name to sign yesterday he would not have gone back and played for his current club. Unless the deal fell through.
Think he was here to sign, but something wasn’t right. Either the club had maybe health or other concerns about Waldron. Possible he had second thoughts on the move.
Probably when we went to get a glass of water

You seem to have a hotline to all the players and their families, and they seem very happy to go into all sorts of detail in a series of long chats (going by recent posts). How come? Most of us plebs don't get anywhere near them - certainly not for a nice long chat.
Is it because he really is a Sensei master if that's not a thing it should be!!

Agree in general, but I'm not sure its the most likely option that everyone had agreed a deal but couldn't quite manage to get the paperwork through the league at the last moment. I doubt he would have played for them a few hours later if this was the scenario. Plus we managed to get Morton's paperwork through the same process on exactly the same few days.

I do wonder whether an EFL club may have hinted at interest in January, at the last moment.
Think if Rushall are hanging out for a better deal, we need to move onto our next target.
We don’t have time to play there games, even if we did we could easily find ourselves empty handed after several weeks.

The Shrimpers family vibe has disappeared very quickly. Wow!

Players will come, I am sure of it. Will it be Danny Waldron…maybe not but does that matter? No, there will be a reason for it not happening and that’s how it should be. I’m sure the management team have someone just as good lined up as a back up.

We haven’t signed anyone for 15 months. Got a new signing yesterday. I’m sure we just need to relax a bit and enjoy the incredible squad already assembled at our club.

The Shrimpers family vibe has disappeared very quickly. Wow!

Players will come, I am sure of it. Will it be Danny Waldron…maybe not but does that matter? No, there will be a reason for it not happening and that’s how it should be. I’m sure the management team have someone just as good lined up as a back up.

We haven’t signed anyone for 15 months. Got a new signing yesterday. I’m sure we just need to relax a bit and enjoy the incredible squad already assembled at our club.
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

We are Southend United Football Club. There will be many footballers that will give their right arm to play for us. We are only going one way, our trajectory is upwards. Yes, there will be options that fall by the wayside, but the nucleus we have is strong and the right additions (whether it is a,b,c,d etc) will help in this ascent. It may not happen overnight, but I'm confident that we are on the right tracks and the future is bright, ..............have patience.

NB
Several glasses of good red wine have fortified my belief!

I do like that we seem to be going after some potential rough diamonds in the leagues below, as opposed to spending ridiculous amounts to try and tempt players down from L1/L2.

Not all of them will work out, but there could be some that will go on to become solid pros in the EFL, with us or not.

Yes he’s scored a good number of goals but not as prolific as Goodship at that level. Who knows. But if he’s not committed about coming I think that a bit of a red flag for Kev..
Goodship. The very mention of his name brings me out in a cold sweat..

How about we see how the next week pans out before accusing Waldron, if he was the one I hinted at, of not being committed. Bit of a huge jump to make.

Let’s all calm down and enjoy the New Years.
I said IF not that he wasn’t- there again I am assuming you are referring to my post and I haven’t read them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back